Photo

Anyone watch Weeds?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#11 Jess

Jess
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 04:56 PM

My friend told me I had to start watching it so I have been Tivo'ing it this season and love it so far!

#12 joshfrommontreal

joshfrommontreal
    • 291 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 08:18 PM

I don't know why everyone thinks that it went downhill last season. I have enjoyed it since the first episode. Last season Doug was hilarious, it was hilarious to see Celia the horror show, and well Nancy's character has evolved like crazy. I miss Conrad's character though I thought he was a great addition. Also Sanjay being in it regularly, I miss that too.

What does everything think of the two episodes from this season so far? The ransom phone calls for Celia were priceless! I'm not sure if I like what happened with Shane and Andy in the second episode but we'll see where that goes.

#13 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 9,504 posts

Posted 19 June 2009 - 10:38 PM

I watched sporadic episodes from the other seasons, mainly because we turned Showtime off and on to save money on our cable bill. A few months later they would come along and give us a few free months.

I watched every episode last season and the two from this season. THe show is really funny in a dark humor sort of way. The calls about Celia were priceless, Josh!

#14 heartbeat

heartbeat
        • 228 posts

Posted 20 June 2009 - 08:19 AM

I LOVE the show... DVR it all the time! can't wait for mon.

#15 doblauvelt

doblauvelt
          • 380 posts

Posted 22 June 2009 - 04:05 PM

I have to agree, the show has gone downward since season 3. It's too serious now, there's hardly any comedy like it used to have. Now it's all about Nancy trying to figure out how to get out of bad situations.. what happened to her dealing days lol.

#16 Banana11

Banana11
            • VIP Member
            • 8,841 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:12 PM

I'm all caught up now after a Weeds marathon last night! I still love the show even though it's different then the first few seasons.

How does everyone feel about the Esteban deal? Is he really giving her another chance or just trying to ease her stress levels until the baby is born? Will he keep her from the baby? I also loved the Celia ransom calls! So funny!

#17 *kellis*

*kellis*
              • 330 posts

Posted 10 July 2009 - 12:49 PM

I got so addicted to weeds when someone let me borrow the first season DVDs. I've been trying to get myself caught up by watching it on surfthechannel.com but I watch it for hours on end then realize I'm wasting time and take a break for a couple weeks then I just get hooked again. Lol.
                I didn't know a new season already started, guess it's time to catch up again.
                http://davf.daisypath.com/Pw5um7.png
                (Formerly "Future Mrs. Kt Ellis")

I love being a wife!

#18 JayBee

JayBee
                • 238 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 10:18 AM

Ooh it's so great that you can watch it on netflix Watch it Now! I watched every episode of the first 2 seasons in two nights, then went out the next day and bought season 3 on DVD (i refuse to pay the cable company more $$, they're bastards), and watched the entire season that night. Did the same w/ season 4 when that came out, too...
                  Yup, I like Weeds. Funny as hell...

#19 Hoosierfan

Hoosierfan
                  • 341 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:20 PM

I love this show - I subscribed to Showtime just so I could stay current! I do think each season is growing darker...now we're totally away from Nancy being the neighborhood supplier and into some Mexican drug lord territory though. I miss some of the old characters - Conrad, Helia and the town of Agrestic. Still a great show!
                    http://www.whenismyw....a87ad6d9f7.gif Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

#20 NaM

NaM
                    • 2,256 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:36 PM

We LOVE this show! We alsways wait for the DVD to come out and just have a week long marathon. I loved the beginning but I have to admit season 4 is my FAVORITE! We watched it all in like 3 days. I can't wait for season 5...prob we waiting a while though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users