Photo

Those doing small receptions...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#11 vivrant_thing

vivrant_thing
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 08:02 AM

thats a great option, thanks! is that what you are doing? I wonder how many songs i'll need to last the whole night

#12 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
    • 2,777 posts

Posted 16 June 2009 - 09:49 AM

I have a huge list of songs i'm working on. We need songs to play while people sit, our processional, recessional, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing for 3-4 hours so I'm working on a HUGE list, cause i refuse to play the same song twice

#13 Rpc51

Rpc51
      • 106 posts

Posted 15 September 2012 - 04:15 AM

Hi all, I am having trouble figuring out how to do my reception. Our group is super small; only 10 ppl and 8 of them are married. I feel a little sad because I wont be able to do the bouquet and garter toss since there wont be any single men there. I was wondering if you all had suggestions regarding our first dance though. How do I keep everyone from being bored with such a small group?

#14 Peach

Peach
        • 1,293 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by Rpc51 

Hi all, I am having trouble figuring out how to do my reception. Our group is super small; only 10 ppl and 8 of them are married. I feel a little sad because I wont be able to do the bouquet and garter toss since there wont be any single men there. I was wondering if you all had suggestions regarding our first dance though. How do I keep everyone from being bored with such a small group?

Hi. I am in the same boat, and about the same size. I do not think we will do a garter toss until AHR. We may do a bouquet toss, but it won't be for single ladies (since there will only be one), but for all the women there (maybe 5?). Or maybe I won't do one. Not sure.

We ARE doing a first dance, and I really want to do the parent dance. 

Do not worry about people being bored during your dance. They are there to see you and celebrate your new marriage; they won't get bored in such a short amount of time.

#15 JillTran

JillTran
          • Vendor
          • 116 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Rpc51 

If all your guests are close friends and family, they won't be bored. It would actually be more fun with a smaller group, especially if they all already know each other. If you want to do the boquet toss, just do it! Better then regretting it later on. Where were you planning on having your reception?

#16 avonladee

avonladee
            • 110 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Peach 

Hi. I am in the same boat, and about the same size. I do not think we will do a garter toss until AHR. We may do a bouquet toss, but it won't be for single ladies (since there will only be one), but for all the women there (maybe 5?). Or maybe I won't do one. Not sure.

We ARE doing a first dance, and I really want to do the parent dance. 

Do not worry about people being bored during your dance. They are there to see you and celebrate your new marriage; they won't get bored in such a short amount of time.

Same here! We only have 21 people all together including us.

So we decided on not doing the garter and bouquet toss. I am still going to wear a garter, because I feel like I should lol.

We are also going to do the dances :)

#17 MOrdonez

MOrdonez
              • 180 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by avonladee 

Same here! We only have 21 people all together including us.

So we decided on not doing the garter and bouquet toss. I am still going to wear a garter, because I feel like I should lol.

We are also going to do the dances :)

Us too! I think there will about about 20 of us in total - We've decided to cut out the garter and bouquet toss but will be keeping the dances and still having a DJ. 

#18 bridemoonpalace

bridemoonpalace
                • 151 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

We have 40 people. We are doing first dance and are going to give garter and bouquet to the couple married longest. We will invite up married couples to dance and count off the years, last couple standing leaves with both.

#19 scolen

scolen
                  • 153 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:40 AM

that is something differ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users