Those doing small receptions...

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 vivrant_thing

• 56 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 10:20 AM

My estimated guest count for the DW is between 25-35 people. they are pretty much our immediate family (5 on each side) + us + bridal party ( + godparents/sponsors + closest friends, relatives, and guests' significant others. I was wondering if anyone was still doing things like the garter & bouquet toss, having a dance floor, head table etc. or just saving those things for the AHR? I'm askin bc for our group, it seems like it won't be as lively to do these things... but i'm not sure.. anyone w/ experience with this?
    also would it would be easier to do a restaurant reception? how does that worK? just eat & leave? would love to hear some ideas!!! thanks :)

#2 August2010Bride

• 369 posts

Posted 31 May 2009 - 01:36 PM

We are saving those types of things for the AHR.

We will be having a Cake and Punch reception after our ceremony... Still debating if we will do our first dance.

#3 Island Princess

Island Princess
      • 284 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:38 AM

We to are expecting around 25-35 guests! We decided to go a restaurant reception at Tiki's Grill & Bar - Waikiki (Hinai Lani), We will be having a buffet dinner and then probably just dance in the bar! We are not too fussed!
        We are still going to do the bouquet and garter toss though!

#4 Sensatori Bride

Sensatori Bride
        • 229 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 08:47 AM

I'm having way less guests than you are and we still plan to do our first dance, and the bouquet and garter toss. We are also having an AHR and I will do it again! I'm not compromising my big day just because not a lot of people will be there!
          Mesita and Durante
          June 18, 2009
          Excellence Playa Mujeres

My wedding review:http://bestdestinati....032#post857892My wedding pro slideshow:http://www.keithcephus.com/mesitahttp://www.ezticker.......!/ticker.png

#5 Jacilynda

• 2,777 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:40 AM

I have 25-25 guests, we're planning on our first dance, garter and bouquet toss. If you want to do it, do it! Even if only 5 people come, if you don't you may regret it later and wish you had so just do it if you want to!

#6 dear tulip

dear tulip
            • 46 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 01:12 PM

Our party is a bit bigger, about 70 - 75ppl. We have 1 hour between the ceremony and the dinner, and we'll be taking photos the two of us. To entertain the guests, we'll do a cocktail reception where they relax, grab some drinks, view a photo slideshow of some pre-wedding photos we took, and sign the guestbook.

#7 koolatta

• 321 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:28 PM

I'm doing it all..lol...we are also having 25 - 35 guests as well.

21 + Bride & Groom Booked!!

#8 ~Nicole~

• 4,512 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 02:30 PM

I will likely have 15 people tops, so the only formal things we will likely do are speeches and our first dance. But we are really casual people and thats how I want it. If you want those things do it!!! I am a true believer that there are no wrongs or rights when it comes to your special day. Do what will make you happy!
                  *Formerly Nikki07*
                  My Planning Thread

#9 vivrant_thing

• 56 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:00 PM

thanks everyone for all your input!
                    after attending a cousin's wedding over the weekend, i decided that i do want to do the first dance and bridal party intros.
                    however my top two banquet halls that could accomodate my number of guests do not allow amplified music... only strolling musicians (hawaiian duo/trio, string quartet, harpist, etc.) . but I have a specific song that i would like for our first dance which would require some sort of amplification. are you getting a DJ? im still debating on whether it would be worth it or if we could somehow work it out w/ the caterers about having that half hour w/ our music.
                    sorry if this was confusing!

#10 michelle08

• VIP Member
                    • 2,702 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 11:37 PM

What about an ipod?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users