Sign in to follow this  
vivrant_thing

Those doing small receptions...

I have a huge list of songs i'm working on. We need songs to play while people sit, our processional, recessional, cocktail hour, dinner and dancing for 3-4 hours so I'm working on a HUGE list, cause i refuse to play the same song twice

Hi all, I am having trouble figuring out how to do my reception. Our group is super small; only 10 ppl and 8 of them are married. I feel a little sad because I wont be able to do the bouquet and garter toss since there wont be any single men there. I was wondering if you all had suggestions regarding our first dance though. How do I keep everyone from being bored with such a small group?

Originally Posted by Rpc51 View Post

Hi all, I am having trouble figuring out how to do my reception. Our group is super small; only 10 ppl and 8 of them are married. I feel a little sad because I wont be able to do the bouquet and garter toss since there wont be any single men there. I was wondering if you all had suggestions regarding our first dance though. How do I keep everyone from being bored with such a small group?

Hi. I am in the same boat, and about the same size. I do not think we will do a garter toss until AHR. We may do a bouquet toss, but it won't be for single ladies (since there will only be one), but for all the women there (maybe 5?). Or maybe I won't do one. Not sure.

We ARE doing a first dance, and I really want to do the parent dance. 

Do not worry about people being bored during your dance. They are there to see you and celebrate your new marriage; they won't get bored in such a short amount of time.

Originally Posted by Rpc51 View Post

If all your guests are close friends and family, they won't be bored. It would actually be more fun with a smaller group, especially if they all already know each other. If you want to do the boquet toss, just do it! Better then regretting it later on. Where were you planning on having your reception?

Originally Posted by Peach View Post

Hi. I am in the same boat, and about the same size. I do not think we will do a garter toss until AHR. We may do a bouquet toss, but it won't be for single ladies (since there will only be one), but for all the women there (maybe 5?). Or maybe I won't do one. Not sure.

We ARE doing a first dance, and I really want to do the parent dance. 

Do not worry about people being bored during your dance. They are there to see you and celebrate your new marriage; they won't get bored in such a short amount of time.

Same here! We only have 21 people all together including us.

So we decided on not doing the garter and bouquet toss. I am still going to wear a garter, because I feel like I should lol.

We are also going to do the dances :)

Originally Posted by avonladee View Post

Same here! We only have 21 people all together including us.

So we decided on not doing the garter and bouquet toss. I am still going to wear a garter, because I feel like I should lol.

We are also going to do the dances :)

Us too! I think there will about about 20 of us in total - We've decided to cut out the garter and bouquet toss but will be keeping the dances and still having a DJ. 

We have 40 people. We are doing first dance and are going to give garter and bouquet to the couple married longest. We will invite up married couples to dance and count off the years, last couple standing leaves with both.