Photo

Dreams Palm Beach?

• Please log in to reply
789 replies to this topic

#581 dreamspb11711

dreamspb11711
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 08:58 AM

I am trying to contact Jellyfish for an inclusive price list not getting replies...

Originally Posted by Mel2010 

Hey ladies, although we are not getting married at DPB, we are planning on staying at this resort from Nov23-30, 2011. We have chosen to have our wedding at the JellyFish restaurant. I just read the latest thread about not being able to bring an outside photographer.  This is worrying me as I was planning on getting ready at the hotel and having pics taken there before we head off to the restaurant. Think there is a way around this? Like say...I bring our photographer in as "a guest". He would only be there maybe 1hr before we leave for the restaurant. This really sucks if I can't bring my photographer to the resort....any suggestions as to what I should do? :(

#582 jenleah

jenleah
    • 77 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 01:57 PM

Where did you hear that Dreams is no longer allowing outside photographers? I haven't heard anything of it. I just emailed Melani about it a few months ago and she said it was fine.

Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana, Dominican Republic - December 2, 2011
      32 friends and family + bride and groom + Dreams Palm Beach = one amazing week and spectacular wedding!!

#583 Mel2010

Mel2010
      • 219 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:03 PM

I PM'd you.

Originally Posted by dreamspb11711 

I am trying to contact Jellyfish for an inclusive price list not getting replies...

#584 Mel2010

Mel2010
        • 219 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:05 PM

Hey Jenleah,

Please let me know what Melani's response is - as I'm stressing out about this now. :S 

Originally Posted by jenleah 

Where did you hear that Dreams is no longer allowing outside photographers? I haven't heard anything of it. I just emailed Melani about it a few months ago and she said it was fine.

#585 Mel2010

Mel2010
          • 219 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 05:06 PM

Argh, nevermind my last post. I quickly read "that you sent Melani an email" lol. I'll send her an email tonight to find out the deets on this. I'll keep you ladies posted.

#586 plamento

plamento
            • 21 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:49 AM

i sent her an email last week and have not heard back from her which is very disturbing. Only my photograper emailed me back.  This is so annoying and I feel that every bride that has a confirmation so far should have received notice, it is making me doubt my decision not like i could do anything about it now. :(

Originally Posted by Mel2010 

Argh, nevermind my last post. I quickly read "that you sent Melani an email" lol. I'll send her an email tonight to find out the deets on this. I'll keep you ladies posted.

#587 Mel2010

Mel2010
              • 219 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 04:19 PM

I'm sorry that you haven't heard back from her yet. I know this resort coordinates at least 2 weddings a day. So imagine coordinating 10-14 weddings a week -- that's insane! I'm sure she'll get back to you soon. Jan-Apr are really busy months too! But Melani usually replies within 1-2 days, so maybe she's just swamped right now.

Originally Posted by plamento 

i sent her an email last week and have not heard back from her which is very disturbing. Only my photograper emailed me back.  This is so annoying and I feel that every bride that has a confirmation so far should have received notice, it is making me doubt my decision not like i could do anything about it now. :(

#588 dreamsmaybride

dreamsmaybride
                • 168 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 03:47 PM

Ladies, I just heard from my photographer and she's informed me that not only has Dreams reversed their decision but they have also removed the required day pass to let them onsite! You can once again use an outside photographer and not pay for their day pass!! Has anyone else heard this??

#589 vcwedding2011

vcwedding2011
                  • 286 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:07 PM

I heard back from HDC and they said that the hotel got so many complaints they took the rule away.

That was one thing I was ready to complain about ALLLL the way.

I am still waiting to hear from Melani though.  She has not responded to me yet.

#590 Tink

Tink
                    • 160 posts

Posted 23 March 2011 - 08:32 PM

They did reverse the decision and the info was posted on the Dreams Punta Cana discussion forum. Also, the daily pass fee for an outside photographer was removed :) so happy about this decision!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users