Jump to content

Photo

Post Groom and GM attire


  • Please log in to reply
798 replies to this topic

#761 LKocelko

LKocelko
  • Jr. Member
  • 350 posts

    Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:05 AM

    Originally Posted by ironman 

    Where have you all found matching kids attire? We have a six year old boy in our wedding party and I was hoping to find him a vest and pants that will (as close as possible!) match my groom! Has anyone found any decent online stores for kids formal wear?


    I think a few people have mentioned Etsy?



    #762 nanasb1214

    nanasb1214
    • Newbie
    • 37 posts

      Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

      I have a question for all of you. My fiance would kill me if he knew I was writing this. We are getting married on a Disney Cruise on 12/16/14 with the Princess gown and tux but then the next day we will be at Castaway Cay Bahamas and we both are going to dress down a little from the day before. I got a beach flowy type dress...now this is the issue. He is a very big guy. I don't even know his total weight. I think it is about 300. What do you think would look good on him? He was thinking the linen pants and shirt. He loves colorful Hawaiian shirts and I nixed that right away.

       

      I need suggestions...Help!



      #763 michellegirl

      michellegirl
      • Site Supporter
      • 21 posts

        Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:48 PM

        Originally Posted by ironman 

        Where have you all found matching kids attire? We have a six year old boy in our wedding party and I was hoping to find him a vest and pants that will (as close as possible!) match my groom! Has anyone found any decent online stores for kids formal wear?

         

         

        Hi Iron Man! We had two 6-year olds & one 9-year boy in our wedding. I found the two 6-year olds' Izod matching pants & vest in a set from Carsons (Bon-Ton/Bergner's/Boston Store/Younkers, etc.). Their outfits came in a complete set of pants/vest/shirt/tie, but we replaced the ties to coordinate with the rest of the wedding party. We chose black & it was easy to match. For the 9-year old, I found pants & a vest (set) at jcpenney.com. We purchased the white shirt & tie separately.

         

        Izod, Nautica and Steve Harvey make adorable boys' vest sets. You can Google "boys vest sets" & look at the Shopping Results. Also, here is a nice selection @ Macys.com



        #764 toribelle31

        toribelle31
        • Newbie
        • 24 posts

          Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:05 AM

          I have a question -- I am having a tough time deciding on what the guys should wear. My FI loves to wear black and I think he looks really good in it. (I have seen pics of him in a tan suit... just don't like it as much). The colors I have decided on are teal and tan/beige/sand... so this makes me think I should have them all wear tan. I think I want the groomsmen in tan linen pants with a white shirt and blue tie (matches the BM dresses). So if I had my FI wear black would that look totally off? Has anyone seen this before? I can't decide... I kind of like the idea of us in black and white and everyone else matching each other (BM's and GM's) and think it will look good individually, but when all of us are together... not so sure. Ahh... I feel kind of rushed bc all of the linen pants and suits are now on clearance bc it's the end of summer. Any help is appreciated ;)

          #765 csho

          csho
          • Sr. Member
          • 1,007 posts
          • Wedding Date:May 5, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul, Varadero Cuba
          • LocationHalifax, NS

          Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:52 AM

          Originally Posted by toribelle31 

          I have a question -- I am having a tough time deciding on what the guys should wear. My FI loves to wear black and I think he looks really good in it. (I have seen pics of him in a tan suit... just don't like it as much). The colors I have decided on are teal and tan/beige/sand... so this makes me think I should have them all wear tan. I think I want the groomsmen in tan linen pants with a white shirt and blue tie (matches the BM dresses). So if I had my FI wear black would that look totally off? Has anyone seen this before? I can't decide... I kind of like the idea of us in black and white and everyone else matching each other (BM's and GM's) and think it will look good individually, but when all of us are together... not so sure. Ahh... I feel kind of rushed bc all of the linen pants and suits are now on clearance bc it's the end of summer. Any help is appreciated ;)


          I think it would look better if they all matched. I think it might look a bit off if the groom wore black and the rest beige. But I just really like things to look cohesive, so I could be biased. I am sure there is a tan suit that would look good on him... or else just get the groomsmen to wear black pants and white shirt and blue ties. Maybe you can find black linen pants? I know a lot of others have used Studiosuits... They might have them in black.



          #766 LKocelko

          LKocelko
          • Jr. Member
          • 350 posts

            Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:53 PM

            Originally Posted by csho 


            I think it would look better if they all matched. I think it might look a bit off if the groom wore black and the rest beige. But I just really like things to look cohesive, so I could be biased. I am sure there is a tan suit that would look good on him... or else just get the groomsmen to wear black pants and white shirt and blue ties. Maybe you can find black linen pants? I know a lot of others have used Studiosuits... They might have them in black.


            I tend to agree - I think those two colors are a bit too different. What about if your FI is in a light gray? Or the groomsmen?



            #767 toribelle31

            toribelle31
            • Newbie
            • 24 posts

              Posted 31 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

              Thanks for the feedback.  I think I would like to stick to black or tan, mostly because I feel like I would be changing my color scheme if I do gray.  I just need to have my FI try on some suits for me (he has both tan and black) and get an idea.  I'm leaning towards black suit for him, and then black suit/vest for the GMs with a matching tie to the BM dresses.  Still not sure if I would do white shirt or tan, but at least I can narrow it down a little.  I knew in my head that black and tan would look wierd... I just have a hard time choosing!

               

              Also, since my wedding is in February it's not like it will be blasting hot, so linen may not be necessary.  I'm also having 3 ring bearers that all have black tuxes already from previous weddings... so that would be a plus.  

               

              FYI, for those that want just pants (no vest/suit) Kohl's has a Marc Anthony line that has different colors of linen pants for $28!  I was trying to make these work but ultimately I want a little more formal look so I will need a matching jacket/vest.  Although I might snatch a few pairs for my FI to wear while we are down there :)



              #768 ironman

              ironman
              • Jr. Member
              • 320 posts

                Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

                Quote:
                Originally Posted by michellegirl 
                 

                 

                 

                Hi Iron Man! We had two 6-year olds & one 9-year boy in our wedding. I found the two 6-year olds' Izod matching pants & vest in a set from Carsons (Bon-Ton/Bergner's/Boston Store/Younkers, etc.). Their outfits came in a complete set of pants/vest/shirt/tie, but we replaced the ties to coordinate with the rest of the wedding party. We chose black & it was easy to match. For the 9-year old, I found pants & a vest (set) at jcpenney.com. We purchased the white shirt & tie separately.

                 

                Izod, Nautica and Steve Harvey make adorable boys' vest sets. You can Google "boys vest sets" & look at the Shopping Results. Also, here is a nice selection @ Macys.com

                 

                 

                Thank you! I will check out everything you have mentioned! I absolutely love the black/pink contrast you had!



                #769 agale86

                agale86
                • Newbie
                • 28 posts

                  Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

                  We went for a more informal look since we were going to be outside on the beach in mexico in the summer time. I still got the guys to wear slacks and let them roll up their sleeves. My groom wore a slim cut suit that looked relaxed but really classy.

                   

                   



                  #770 agale86

                  agale86
                  • Newbie
                  • 28 posts

                    Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

                    I would recommend to be careful with linen. It wrinkles really easily. If you want to do tan I would at least to a blend material. Less fuss... We decided on charcoal slacks for the guys and a charcoal suit for my groom. They looked classy but understated. In the end we just went to men's warehouse and made them try on a ton of stuff until we decided what looked best. Best of luck! The men's clothes was the hardest wardrobe choice we made!






                    0 user(s) are reading this topic

                    0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users