Photo

Is there anywhere else to get married in DR?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 blueandy1601

blueandy1601
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 11:57 PM

We are thinking about going to punta cana and getting married - i was looking at most of the hotels wedding packages - they dont offer very much for what you are paying. Is there anywhere else that you can go and get married on the beach thats not soo expensive - ive also looked at the jellyfish resturant - is there anything else out there?

thanks for your comments/ suggestions

#2 eloping789

eloping789
    • 290 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:13 AM

Depending on what you're looking for, several of the resorts offer a free symbolic wedding if you and/or your guests stay for a certain number of days. We're at Melia Caribe and our wedding is free for the most part. We're paying for the photographer and beach location and that's it. If you want a legal or Catholic ceremony that costs quite a bit extra, but that's pretty standard at all of the resorts.

Good luck to you and check out the DR forum for lots of great info on the resorts and wedding packages.

#3 MexicoBeachBride2010

MexicoBeachBride2010
      • 280 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 07:53 PM

Hi! I'm getting married at the Majestic Colonial May 18, 2010. They charge 1250 for the symbolic ceremony or 1750 for a legal wedding but this includes your location, decoration, cake, etc but you can also do a free dinner after the wedding in the seafood or steak restaurant which saves alot of money. The resort itself is a great value for the money.

#4 Glamourina

Glamourina
        • 198 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:52 AM

What type of wedding are you planning to have (symbolic, catholic, civil/legal, etc)? How many guests will be coming? If you're having a wedding with many guests, it may be cheaper to have a wedding at an all inclusive resort since you can usually have a free reception if you eat at one of the resort restaurants..

#5 jerzshortstuff

jerzshortstuff
          • 303 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 02:27 AM

We are still looking but will most likely go with Dreams Punta Cana because it is affordable for our guests. They offer a free wedding package for people who stay there for 7 nights... I think an All Inclusive is the best way to go, but that is just my personal opinion. Happy Hunting!

#6 eloping789

eloping789
            • 290 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:19 AM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by jerzshortstuff
              We are still looking but will most likely go with Dreams Punta Cana because it is affordable for our guests. They offer a free wedding package for people who stay there for 7 nights... I think an All Inclusive is the best way to go, but that is just my personal opinion. Happy Hunting!
              The Dreams resort looks soooooo beautiful! I seriously considered it, but when we began our planning it was still barely open and they weren't booking weddings yet. Can't wait to hear how it goes!

#7 soccergurl3

soccergurl3
              • 232 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 04:28 PM

We are getting married at Dreams Punta Cana, I think that hands down it has the best wedding packages for your money..I researched for at least 4 months!

#8 foxytv

foxytv
                • VIP Member
                • 7,740 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 07:35 PM

It all depends on what you are looking for in your ceremony atmosphere. We were married in the gazebo overlooking the beach at Paradisus Punta Cana. Our reception was costly, but not the ceremony ... and you can just do dinner reservations at one of the restaurants and then party at the Lobby Bar for your 'reception' to save money.

#9 lesandlynda

lesandlynda
                  • 199 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 11:46 AM

The DR is an island of great diversity, and pretty much has something for everyone. You just have to find it. The north shore at Cabarete is a viable, affordable option to Punta Cana.
                    It's rich in culture + offers many options....all-inclusive or self-catering.
                    I'd be happy to answer your questions, or help in any way I can.
                    Wishing you all the best, and as smooth a transition as possible.

#10 KellyMatta

KellyMatta
                    • 7 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:06 PM

hi i am getting married in punta cana dec 4 09 we are getting married at dreams!!!! good luck with planning
                      soon to be mrs kelly matta

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users