Photo

Best foundation etc for photos

• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#61 nibsmom

nibsmom
  • 564 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:43 AM

LOL Tina, actually, I did buy the finishing powder. I was thinking about it after I posted, and I remembered when the woman at Sephora was putting it on, she didn't put on hardly any and she didn't put any on my nose. So, I'm going to do another run through myself maybe today or tomorrow and test it out. If it doesn't work, I'll probably order some finishing spray.

I know there will be times I'll put my head on Matt's shirt, so I need to make sure I take care of that!!

#62 TinaM2b

TinaM2b
    • 445 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 11:39 AM

HA!! I will be doing the same with Bennie and with my two boys! They all know I will be crying all day.... I hope this amazing makeup lasts through that!!

#63 keilag

keilag
      • 190 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:11 PM

MAC is the best but you need to highlight and low light so you dont look like a painting

#64 jenjoe08

jenjoe08
        • 67 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:48 PM

Armani's new lasting silk UV foundation. It is super-light you won't feel like you have a mask on. It has light-reflecting particles and will not settle into fine lines like the MAC stuff and also contains sunscreen. Downside is that it is not cheap at $68.

#65 CrystalM

CrystalM
          • 829 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:52 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by jenjoe08
            Armani's new lasting silk UV foundation. It is super-light you won't feel like you have a mask on. It has light-reflecting particles and will not settle into fine lines like the MAC stuff and also contains sunscreen. Downside is that it is not cheap at $68.
            Light reflecting anything is bad for photos!
            I have a fabulous photographer I can share in the United States Virgin Islands in late April/early MayP.M. if interested!http://img.weddingco....pvbh7hxc5u.png

#66 ashey063009

ashey063009
            • 604 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 02:40 PM

I agree with Crystal, its important to "glow" but anything with light-reflecting particles-- especially in the tropical sun-- could look shiny. A way around it, though, would be setting it with a concealer setting powder. Same coverage, without the shine.

#67 poohshek

poohshek
              • 1,456 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 12:38 AM

I am planning on sticking with Giorgio Armani Cosmetics. Their products are pretty expensive but it works really well for my skin. I have tried Chanel, Laura Mercier and MAC before but in the end it is worth it to pay the extra.

Cosmetic products are actually a very personal choice. What works for one bride may not work for another. It is all trial and error.

Quote:
                Originally Posted by jenjoe08

#68 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
                • 5,466 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:55 PM

ok bare with me.. So I need to wear a moisturizer (which I wear arbonne spf every day) and then on top of that I put on a primer, and then a foundation? And then all the make up on top of that? I want to go with the smashbox primer cause it seems to be the one to go with, do I go with a smashbox foundation too or laura mercier? I am such a girly girl but very clueless when it comes to anything outside of eye shadow/lipgloss/mascara..

#69 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
                  • 5,466 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:56 PM

and which primer? There are the colored ones and the light one? oh man. I should probably just go to sephora and ask them but sometimes I don't trust the people working there!

#70 Adlergray

Adlergray
                    • Banned
                    • 294 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 08:56 PM

I just ordered something from sephora online and got a free trial of urban decay primer so I will give my report when I get it!!! If any one is ordering the code for the freebie is URBANLAB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users