• Please log in to reply
1026 replies to this topic

#601 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
  • 2,287 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:31 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by classadiva
    Hi ladies...so glad to have been directed to this thread by Lisaloo....have been reading through it ever since. Just wanted to share a few places that I like. There is a plus-sized boutique here in NYC called MonfiC. It is small but has some great items. She also sells on-line. Her convertable dresses are FAB!! I have one in white.

Note to self: 36Gs will never fit in a Victoria's Secret Large lol.

sorry, for some reason that made me laugh my ass off because I'm like that. I try to fit into pants of a size I "used" to wear, lol it's too funny!!!!!

#602 jajb2010

jajb2010
    • 22 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:58 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by ~*Kathy*~
      Ugh, are any of you girls short-waisted by any chance? I am and it is the bane of my existence, shirts always fit strange because of this and I basically look like I have no torso so I'm always trying to find clothes that will give me the "illusion" of having a long body. Short body, long legs....sigh, why can't I have both? I guess I'm borderline plus too, I can wear anything from size 8 to 12, it's so crazy!
      Oohhh..I'm short-waisted and like you it's soo hard finding clothes that make you look lonnnnngggg... ha ha..even jeans I have the hardest time finding something that fits right cause my torso is non existent. I lost weight hoping it would help but it doesn't.. ha ha..I still look like I have a chest then straight to hips no in-between.

#603 Prettyhazardous

Prettyhazardous
      • 712 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:24 PM

LOL Lisa I am the same way the other night the fi and I went fishing and it was washing week (takes me that long to get my laundry done i hate going to the basement lol) So I put on an old pair of size 10 jeans hahha like 20 mins into fishin im like umm jeans don't have to be buttoned when ur fishing right. My FI looked at me and starting cracking up. He was laughing even harder as he was watchin me try to get those jeans on.

#604 SusieQ

SusieQ
        • 1,603 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:26 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by jajb2010
          Oohhh..I'm short-waisted and like you it's soo hard finding clothes that make you look lonnnnngggg... ha ha..even jeans I have the hardest time finding something that fits right cause my torso is non existent. I lost weight hoping it would help but it doesn't.. ha ha..I still look like I have a chest then straight to hips no in-between.
          I have the opposite problem.... Long body and the legs stopped growing at six years old. I can not sit in a compact car,my heads hits the roof and my feet barely touch the floor. Oh well we're not cookie cutter chicks

#605 ~*Lisa*~

~*Lisa*~
          • 2,287 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 04:40 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Prettyhazardous
            LOL Lisa I am the same way the other night the fi and I went fishing and it was washing week (takes me that long to get my laundry done i hate going to the basement lol) So I put on an old pair of size 10 jeans hahha like 20 mins into fishin im like umm jeans don't have to be buttoned when ur fishing right. My FI looked at me and starting cracking up. He was laughing even harder as he was watchin me try to get those jeans on.
            OMG that's too funny!!!! what women do to try and look good eh?! lol

#606 khomac

khomac
            • 380 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

I hate looking for jeans! The butt, and thighs fit perfectly, but I can never do up the button without making it look like I have two stomachs! Why does the button have to dig in so far? I never do up the top button. The zipper zips up fine, so I try to hide the fly away tips with a belt.
              Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
              Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#607 LIW

LIW
              • 197 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:07 PM

Okay ladies,

I leave next saturday for Cuba and I have a minor problem.

I need to find a bra or something supportive for the "girls" but I can't find either a) anything that fits and B) a bra where the band does not poke out of the back of the dress.

I found 1 bra that might have worked but they didn't have my size in the store and would have to order it in, and there was no guarantee it would arrive before I left. Also, there was no guarantee that it would even work.

So, I need something that I can get now that will keep the "girls" up and won't show under the dress. My MOH suggested duct tape, lol, but I'm not liking that idea.

Any suggestions?
                http://www.weddingco.../rbe6xizbgt.png

38 people plus bride and groom coming to Cuba!

#608 khomac

khomac
                • 380 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 09:52 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LIW
                  Okay ladies,

I leave next saturday for Cuba and I have a minor problem.

I need to find a bra or something supportive for the "girls" but I can't find either a) anything that fits and B) a bra where the band does not poke out of the back of the dress.

I found 1 bra that might have worked but they didn't have my size in the store and would have to order it in, and there was no guarantee it would arrive before I left. Also, there was no guarantee that it would even work.

So, I need something that I can get now that will keep the "girls" up and won't show under the dress. My MOH suggested duct tape, lol, but I'm not liking that idea.

Any suggestions?

Don't know if this helps. I found a bra at Lane Bryant. This bra actually had a comfortable strip of boning about an inch from the side of the cup (like under the arm pit).

I LOVE this bra and ended up buying 3 of them. The white one, I got a seamstress to cut off the straps & top of the cup so that I could use it as a strapless. It's perfect!

That's my suggestion cause I can't think of anything else lol
                  Kelly & Pablo

http://www.michaelsteingard.com
                  Michael and Phil Steingard are located in Ontario, but travel to Punta Cana quite often during the year. There is a good chance they will be down already during your wedding week, so this will cut travel costs

#609 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                  • 8,569 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:52 PM

Liz- I got my busitte at Bra Fitting Experts in Denver - SOL - Store of Lingerie - Denver, CO

#610 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
                    • 5,649 posts

Posted 16 October 2009 - 12:08 AM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by jajb2010
                      awww I feel for you! That sounds all too familiar to me! With the jeans, what I do is buy the low rise so that I'm not losing what little waist-length I have to pants that sit too high up. I find it seems to help but the problem with the low rise jeans is that my pooch hangs over the edge of it so sometimes it might look like I'm preggers haha. I don't know what to do, where a corset 24/7 under all my clothes I guess?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users