Photo

***TTD (Trash the Dress) Thread - please post all of your questions here!

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#311 jerzygirl85

jerzygirl85
  • 342 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 12:59 PM

hhmm....i would like to use my wedding dress for my ttd but am still not sure. I am looking to buy another simple dress for our legal day and was thinking of using that one, but I'm looking for something knee length. Would it look funny to do a ttd with a short dress? I always see pictures with long dresses.
    ~~Joanna~~

Bride & Groom plus 36 booked!

http://tickers.Ticke....7ca2/event.png

#312 **~Linda~**

**~Linda~**
    • 1,326 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 02:16 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jerzygirl85
      hhmm....i would like to use my wedding dress for my ttd but am still not sure. I am looking to buy another simple dress for our legal day and was thinking of using that one, but I'm looking for something knee length. Would it look funny to do a ttd with a short dress? I always see pictures with long dresses.
      Lol! We did our TTD with a short dress .. I thought it was perfect for our personality especially mine.. I had gotten a sample long dress for $100 but in the end it just wasn't who I was. Do whats more comfortable to you in a TTD session its all about the fun you will have as a couple, if you want to do it with a short dress, a long dress, your real dress or any other 'ol dress you find in the end its all about letting your personality shine through

HTH

#313 sungoddess_08

sungoddess_08
      • 829 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:16 PM

I am wondering about getting a photographer - I know we want one, but I am not sure if we will be able to afford the cost of both the photographer for the ceremony AND the trash the dress... Can anyone offer suggestions on this or let me know what you did?

Also, did anyone do their TTD later in the week? Our guests are leaving the day after our wedding, so I do not want to be busy doing the photos during that time, I was hoping for maybe the day after or somethign.

#314 sungoddess_08

sungoddess_08
        • 829 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:19 PM

Sorry - I forgot to say it was for Punta Cana at the end of June (22-July 6)

#315 ~Melissa~

~Melissa~

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 8,680 posts
          • Wedding Date:October 7, 2010
          • Wedding Location:Nuevo Vallarta, Mexico
          • LocationUtah

Posted 23 December 2009 - 12:57 PM

It was included with our photography package for our photographer. we got up bright and early around 6 am (day after) and did it then. It was so much fun and I couldn't think of a batter way to start the day off!

#316 Jess

Jess
          • 4,455 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 08:32 PM

Our photographer included our TTD in the package - I know a lot of DW photographers do this. Also, I would highly recommend doing it later in the week. We did ours the day after the wedding and were so tired. We wish we waited an extra day or two so we could have hung out with everyone and said goodbye

#317 itsfinallyhere

itsfinallyhere
            • 573 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 10:04 PM

Our photographer also included this in their package. We did ours a few days after the ceremony. We actually ended with 2 extra sessions as we started to loose the light so postponed the getting wet shots until the next day.

#318 carolina24

carolina24
              • 1,573 posts

Posted 24 December 2009 - 01:21 AM

we're using the photog included with the package and booking a different one for the TTD so it's kind of like we're only paying for one, lol. We're actually doing ours during our HM, 4 days after the wedding so we can hang out with everyone b4 they leave and we won't be super tired!

#319 SandalGirl

SandalGirl
                • 109 posts

Posted 27 December 2009 - 05:44 PM

I would ask the person who's already doing your wedding to see how much it would add, or if you haven't chosen someone, just tell them you want it included in your coverage and see how much it costs. I think it's totally worthwhile and can't wait for mine. Although I was planning on doing it the next day, which after reading this thread, maybe I need to rethink.
                  March 4, 2010 ~ Mayan Riviera, Mexico
                  http://robynplanningbio.weebly.com/

#320 Danielle77

Danielle77
                  • 200 posts

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:18 AM

I am doing a trash the dress in a week. I am wearing my wedding dress but I am affraid that it will be ruined for my AHR. My dress is taffeta....does anybody know how it holds up in the salt water? Thanks ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users