Photo

Who loves to Read???

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

#181 *Nadine*

*Nadine*
  • 5,466 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 05:42 PM

ooh I should check those out! I watched the movie The Other Boleyn girl and I loooved it. It got me so intrigued that I wanted to learn more about King henry. Im gonna definiately check those out, thanks :)

#182 loua4

loua4
    • 397 posts

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:49 PM

I am addicted to the twilight series as well. if you liked those you should try the host that is also by the same author. it is really good. The time travellers wife is great, all the emily griffins are good. The vampire diaries are good to. Right now I am reading Edgar Sawtelle story..... very long read. dont really suggest it to anyone.
      Happy Reading!

#183 diane.callaghan

diane.callaghan
      • 28 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 11:12 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by *Nadine*
        ooh I should check those out! I watched the movie The Other Boleyn girl and I loooved it. It got me so intrigued that I wanted to learn more about King henry. Im gonna definiately check those out, thanks :)
        I read the books when the movie came out -so I waited to see the movie. I would suggest reading in chronilogical order - you really have a better understanding of Katherine of Aragon.

Have you ever watched the Tudor's on CBC? VERY GOOD - better when you have the book background.

Anyway, I see your wedding is next week - have a wonderful time!!!!

#184 FutureMsMoulton

FutureMsMoulton
        • 762 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 09:43 PM

Have you ladies heard about or used the paper back book swap? PaperBackSwap.com: Free Online Book Club to Swap, Trade & Exchange Books. Its a site where you go and sign up, place the books you read on there and swap books with other readers. You pay to ship the book to someone else, and someone else pays to ship a book to you! How cool to keep getting new books for like $2.50 each!!! Just thought I would share it.

I am currently reading Memoirs of a Geisha and I can't put it down. Next up the "Book Thief"!

#185 jajajaja

jajajaja
          • VIP Member
          • 9,794 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 02:18 AM

I read the The Other Boleyn Girl on my honeymoon and loved it! It's a good read for sure. But then again, I'm really intrigued by the Tudors as well.
            Happily married since 2008

#186 BachataBride

BachataBride
            • Banned
            • 9,310 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 03:52 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by FutureMsMoulton
              Have you ladies heard about or used the paper back book swap? PaperBackSwap.com: Free Online Book Club to Swap, Trade & Exchange Books. Its a site where you go and sign up, place the books you read on there and swap books with other readers. You pay to ship the book to someone else, and someone else pays to ship a book to you! How cool to keep getting new books for like $2.50 each!!! Just thought I would share it.

I am currently reading Memoirs of a Geisha and I can't put it down. Next up the "Book Thief"!
              Wow - that's pretty neat! I wonder if it's valid for Canadians too!!?? Although, for some reason I don't know if I can part with my books! I always want to hold on to them for some reason...I never read them again though.

#187 Meitra

Meitra
              • 249 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 04:23 PM

I highly recommend "Same Kind of Different as Me" by: Ron Hall and Denver Moore. It is a true story and sooooooo touching and inspiring!
                Moon Dance Cliffs ---- Negril, Jamaica ---- December 4, 2010

#188 TonyandTricia

TonyandTricia
                • 426 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 11:27 PM

I just got done with The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo...Sooo good! Slow start, but definitely pays off!

#189 KAMAY11

KAMAY11
                  • 456 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:16 PM

I just read the Friday Night Knitting Club...I thought it was only OK.

I am about to read A Thousand Splendid Suns which I have been told is AMAZING! I need an amazing book, as it seems i have been disappointed quite a bit lately!
                    D & K
                    October 16th, 2008-Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas

http://tickers.Ticke....7276/event.png

#190 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,853 posts

Posted 12 January 2010 - 06:28 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by loua4
                      I am addicted to the twilight series as well. if you liked those you should try the host that is also by the same author. it is really good. The time travellers wife is great, all the emily griffins are good. The vampire diaries are good to. Right now I am reading Edgar Sawtelle story..... very long read. dont really suggest it to anyone.
                      Happy Reading!
                      I LOVED the Twilight series so of course I had to read the host. I cant seem to get into the book at all. Im a few chapters in and its boring to me. Ive moved onto something else.
                      Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users