Makeup Primer?

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 mexicana bride

mexicana bride
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:09 PM

It's usually clear color. Also I should mention if you want your make-up to last longer (not melt) it needs to be sealed with a translucent powder or blotting powder after your foundation.

#22 sarafish81

• 353 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:16 PM

I recently got a sample from Sephora of MUFE (Makeup Forever)'s high-definition primer and really like it. It is white, but goes on clear. For our wedding, I used Lorac's Aquaprime primer (also from Sephora). It is a clear, water-based primer. I really like both.

#23 Jenna20

• 314 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 11:30 PM

Primer is a great idea especially with the hot weather. I have been using Urban Decay Eye Shadow primer and it is hands down the greatest stuff ever!! My eyeshadow stays in place all day, does not crease or fade. I have to checked to see if they offer a primer for facial application, but if they do I imagine it would work just as great. The reason I chose this was based on reviews on sephora.com and it definitely stood up to all the positive feedback it recieved. I recently thought I would give an organic primer from Sephora a shot and was greatly disappointed.

I have heard that smashbox photo finish primer is good stuff as well...I currently use their eyeshadow and bronzer/blush. I have sensitive eyes/skin and have no problems with their products.

I think overall a great item to have on hand would be blotting tissues...its bound to get hot and powder or blotting tissues will be a huge life saver!

#24 KristieF

• 64 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 07:04 PM

So glad I saw this thread, I've tried the Smashbox Photo Finish and Photo Finish Light so far. I thought they were OK, but wasn't sure they were really worth the money I spent on them. Based on these reviews I might try the Nars or Laura Mercier ones, or the girl I asked at Sephora actually recommended a Shiseido product. It's called Anti-shine and it's actually made for men. I think I will try getting some samples of all these before I commit! Thanks for the suggestions ladies :)

#25 inspiredfyre

• 304 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:06 AM

Try the Cargo line, which is at sephora! They have a mattifying primer, and it is awesome! It is also a lot less expensive than the photofinish from Smashbox! I do have both, and say that the mattifying effects of the Cargo primer is awesome! It helps combat shininess for sure! :) Make up forever is also a great one, but I did hear that Laura Mercier isn't really a photo ready makeup, so perhaps for everyday use is fine, but for your big day, definitely go for a brand that specializes in photo ready products!

#26 Preciousmi811

• 342 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:02 PM

I have Laura Mercier primer and it works great but it makes me break out. I can't use it everyday rather only for special occasions but I do love it. Which is weird because the counter swore I would never break out but maybe my skin is super sensitive. Check out my engagement pics I was wearing all Laura Mercier products that day and it gave me a smooth finish. I do want to try Smash Box and see if I break out with it.
              One Love

ClubHotel Riu Negril May 14 2010 wedding date. Anyone want to share a photographer? I am flying my photographer out regardless, if you want to split travel cost let me know!!!!

Password: 12345http://gs105.photobu....are_email_albuhttp://tickers.Ticke...m/ezt...b2f9...

#27 TeNeil

• 192 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:35 PM

I think that primer is a must!
                I also wanted to tell you about a product "Model in a Bottle." You spray this on after your make-up is applied. My photographer told me about it and says that you can cry, sweat, and even take a quick dip in the pool without your make-up running off. It is made by Merle Norman Cosmetics (might be Canadian only).

#28 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 8,569 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 10:55 PM

I was reccomended the smashbox primer by 2 proffessional makeup artists. I have been using since the accident to help cover up the redness and it work great to help the make up go on smoothly and stay set for the night. It also looked great in photos.

#29 tdaigz

• 14 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:42 PM

I use Smashbox photo finish primer! Works great! i love their halo powder foundation. Extremely light on my skin - feels like i'm not wearing any make-up at all :)

#30 1sunshine

• 95 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 12:53 AM

for primer i like MAC and they also have one with sun block

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users