Photo

Melia Cabo real questions????

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Alexisriv

Alexisriv
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 March 2009 - 12:25 PM

Has anyone had their wedding at the melia cabo real or planning to have it there? Im actually working with Yesica from dreams to have my wedding there in May 2010 but haven't set a date yet and wanted to have at least one other option so far dreams is my favorite for more than one reason compared to any other place. Ive been trying to get info from the cabo real website but it doesn't say much nor does it have any wedding coordinator information. If any one can direct me the right way and has any helpful info or hints it would be very appriciated.

Thanks,
    Lexy

#2 marcoloscabos

marcoloscabos
    • Validating
    • 155 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:24 PM

Hello Alexisriv!

Welcome to the forum and happy planning. Regarding your comments, here's the contact info for Gabriela the wedding coordinator at Melia Cabo Real. J Good luck and the best to you!

Gabriela Mongrell
      Sales Executive
      Ejecutivo de Ventas
      Meli¡ Cabo Real - All Inclusive Golf & Beach Resort
      Carr. Transpeninsular Km. 19.5
      Los Cabos, BCS M©xico
      Tel: +52-624-144-2237 direct
      Fax: +52-624-144-0132
      gabriela.mongrell@meliacaboreal.com
      Melia Cabo Real | All Inclusive Cabo San Lucas Resorts

#3 sita

sita
      • 21 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:22 AM

Hi Lexy!
        I'm actually planning a Sep 26 09 wedding at the Melia Cabo Real, and just got back 2 weeks ago from a site visit. I had actually originally planned for the Riu Santa Fe but after staying at their resort and experiencing their customer service I was NOT impressed. My girlfriend and I met Gabriela, the WC, Saturday morning for a site tour and the resort is really beautiful! Nothing crazy, but just nice. You have a lot of options for ceremony and reception, and they comp'd a dinner at one of their specialty restaurants for us to check out that night... It was 180 from the Riu, and comparable in price. If you want, I can send you pictures and package information. I even have a dinner menu that the WC sent too...
        Good luck and hope I can be of more help! The forum has helped me, so hopefully I can return the favor :-)
        Sita

#4 sita

sita
        • 21 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 01:23 AM

Hi Lexy!
          I'm actually planning a Sep 26 09 wedding at the Melia Cabo Real, and just got back 2 weeks ago from a site visit. I had actually originally planned for the Riu Santa Fe but after staying at their resort and experiencing their customer service I was NOT impressed. My girlfriend and I met Gabriela, the WC at Melia, Saturday morning for a site tour and the resort is really beautiful! Nothing crazy, but just nice. You have a lot of options for ceremony and reception, and they comp'd a dinner at one of their specialty restaurants for us to check out that night (nice!0... It was a 180 from the Riu, and comparable in price. If you want, I can send you pictures and package information. I even have a dinner menu that the WC sent too...
          Good luck and hope I can be of more help! The forum has helped me, so hopefully I can return the favor :-)
          Sita

#5 Ms Burns

Ms Burns
          • 42 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:56 PM

Hi Sita,

I am considering the Melia, can you send me any info you have and suggestions based on your visit. Did you see ppl swimming in the small protected beach area on the property...its advertised on their site and i wanted to confirm this.

THanks,
            Shelly

#6 Krista_H

Krista_H
            • 428 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 07:31 PM

Sita,

Would you mind also sending me the information you have on Melia Cabo?

Thanks,

Krista

#7 sita

sita
              • 21 posts

Posted 18 March 2009 - 03:46 PM

Hi Girls,
                To answer Shelly's question, yes there is a little protected cove that is especially for swimming. There are palapas and hammocks, but it's a little bit of a walk to get to (you can see in the pics there's a pretty big section of sand in front of the resort). Here's a link to my pictures, there are descriptions under most of them. Let me know if the link doesn't work...

http://share.shutter....8AZs2rdk3ZNmGM

I feel like for my budget, Melia is the best all inclusive. Like I said, my fiancee and I stayed at the Riu Santa Fe in December and were pretty disappointed (unless keg stands by the pool and bad food are your thing) When I went a few weeks ago, I checked out Melia and Presidente, and it was an obvious choice that Melia was a whole lot classier. Plus Gabriela, the wedding coordinator has been very professional and helpful. They have 3 wedding packages ranging from complimentary (with min 5 night stay), a $1200, and an $1800 package. I'm choosing the $1800 which includes seated dinner for 24, open bar, decorations (flowers, chinese lanterns, hanging organza linen) champagne, cake, music, bridal bouquet..etc...

Hopefully that's helpful! I also have a .pdf of the sample wedding menu if anyone wants me to send it to them...

Thanks!
                Sita

#8 Ms Burns

Ms Burns
                • 42 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 09:40 AM

Hi Sita,

Thanks for answering my questions...if i decide to go to cabo, looks like Melia is my only option, can you send me the sample wedding menu?

Shelly

#9 Desi479

Desi479
                  • 18 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 01:57 PM

Lexy,
                    Im also considering Melia, I have a bunch of info from WC, but im a noobie n not really sure how 2 post evrythg, lol... Let me know if u have any questions!

Des

#10 unikphoto

unikphoto
                    • Vendor
                    • 87 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 04:08 PM

Here's a link from them. Hope it helps you, Alexis
                      marTin
                      Has anyone had their wedding at the melia cabo real or planning to have it there? Im actually working with Yesica from dreams to have my wedding there in May 2010 but haven't set a date yet and wanted to have at least one other option so far dreams is my favorite for more than one reason compared to any other place. Ive been trying to get info from the cabo real website but it doesn't say much nor does it have any wedding coordinator information. If any one can direct me the right way and has any helpful info or hints it would be very appriciated.

Thanks,
                      Lexy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users