Jump to content

Photo

CANADIAN OOT BAG info...where to shop!


  • Please log in to reply
3349 replies to this topic

#781 mochamakes3

mochamakes3
  • Sr. Member
  • 1,917 posts

    Posted 09 March 2011 - 01:40 PM

    I want to bring our WC some Canadian souvenirs. Does anyone have suggestions other than maple syrup or ice wine?



    #782 KCB2011

    KCB2011
    • Jr. Member
    • 308 posts

      Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:49 PM


      I'm not sure what type of stuff you are wanting to bring but you could get a nice picture/painting of the Canadian Rockies or something...like a smaller print maybe?  I would say to bring a pair of those olympic mittens but she won't get much use out of those! 

       

      Quote:

      Originally Posted by mochamakes3 

      I want to bring our WC some Canadian souvenirs. Does anyone have suggestions other than maple syrup or ice wine?



       



      #783 daisymable

      daisymable
      • Jr. Member
      • 278 posts

        Posted 09 March 2011 - 08:23 PM



        I will have to check into that for sure!

        Originally Posted by Lasallebabe 





         I am also using Air Canada vacations. Once we hit 10 ppl we had 2 upgrades to business class (with 20 ppl - upgrades to 4 for business class). Business class allows 3 bags per person. Check with your agent or AC.



         



        #784 lsmith211

        lsmith211
        • Jr. Member
        • 168 posts

          Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:34 PM

          Lasallebabe - Just an FYI This depends on the airplane you're travelling on too - I was told that we would get this upgrade, but it turns out this is only for 1800/1900 series planes - otherwise this is the promotion:

           

          For flights other than their 1800/1900 series in their Sun Collection – One (1) complimentary seat upgrade at 20 guests and two (2) complimentary seat upgrades at 40 guests.

           

          We had 38 book through our group and the rest booked on their own so we were 2 short for getting upgrades for both of us.  Now, I'm sitting in executive by myself, and FI is in the back with the rest of the group....  Brutal, but at least I get to sit up there and get my baggage upgrade too!

           

          Originally Posted by Lasallebabe 





           I am also using Air Canada vacations. Once we hit 10 ppl we had 2 upgrades to business class (with 20 ppl - upgrades to 4 for business class). Business class allows 3 bags per person. Check with your agent or AC.



           



          #785 lsmith211

          lsmith211
          • Jr. Member
          • 168 posts

            Posted 10 March 2011 - 02:36 PM

            sorry - I mean daisymable, not Lasallebabe!



            #786 daisymable

            daisymable
            • Jr. Member
            • 278 posts

              Posted 11 March 2011 - 05:20 AM

              Thanks, I think I'd pay for the extra bags rather than sit alone and away from the group.  I'll be meeting family and friends from all over the country at our connection in Toronto who I haven't see in a very long time. I am so excited about arriving in Toronto! It's going to be overwhelming.  If we aren't lucky enough to get on one of the mentioned flights, we will only get one seat since I only have about 30 people.  I wonder if I can find out ahead of time which aircraft we'll be on. I'll check into that too.  Thanks for the information!



              #787 lsmith211

              lsmith211
              • Jr. Member
              • 168 posts

                Posted 11 March 2011 - 07:18 AM

                Do you have a travel agent?  I just asked mine to find out which plane we were on and she was able to tell me right away - and that was about 5 months ago so they have it planned far in advance...  I'm in the same boat - I'm meeting all my family & friends from the east coast in Toronto and it sucks to not sit with them, but I'll have a week to hang out with everyone, and it's hard to socialize on a plane anyway...  We looked into the price to get FI upgraded as well and it was going to be $575 - not worth it!  So, I decided I'd rather get first class and extra baggage rather than pay $80 in extra luggage fees....  But I'm sure I'll be lonely up there lol!!

                 

                Originally Posted by daisymable 

                Thanks, I think I'd pay for the extra bags rather than sit alone and away from the group.  I'll be meeting family and friends from all over the country at our connection in Toronto who I haven't see in a very long time. I am so excited about arriving in Toronto! It's going to be overwhelming.  If we aren't lucky enough to get on one of the mentioned flights, we will only get one seat since I only have about 30 people.  I wonder if I can find out ahead of time which aircraft we'll be on. I'll check into that too.  Thanks for the information!



                 



                #788 FutureMrsDawson

                FutureMrsDawson
                • Jr. Member
                • 154 posts

                  Posted 13 March 2011 - 10:23 AM

                  If anyone is looking for travel candles, they have individual candles in little tins at Micheals for $1.50 each.  Just in case the rooms are a little musty, I am buying these for my OOT bags and Dollarama has wooden matchsticks, 10 boxes for $1.00.



                  #789 Lasallebabe

                  Lasallebabe
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 154 posts

                    Posted 13 March 2011 - 03:21 PM


                    Are they scented candles? Thnaks for the info.
                     

                    Originally Posted by FutureMrsDawson 

                    If anyone is looking for travel candles, they have individual candles in little tins at Micheals for $1.50 each.  Just in case the rooms are a little musty, I am buying these for my OOT bags and Dollarama has wooden matchsticks, 10 boxes for $1.00.



                     



                    #790 jcov118

                    jcov118
                    • Newbie
                    • 4 posts

                      Posted 14 March 2011 - 01:58 AM

                      What a great forum...so glad i found it! I also find e-bay so helpful!!






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users