Do u tip the tattoo guy?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
  • VIP Member
  • 3,160 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:39 PM

I'm getting an old tattoo freshened up tonight, would you tip the tattoo guy?

I don't recall ever doing so but I'm wondering about it now...

OH- I kinda know the guy doing it and he's only charging me $80. The tattoo is about 7" longish, not too wide but pretty detailed so I dunno.

#2 boscobel

boscobel
    • VIP Member
    • 24,213 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

I don't think I have in the past, I was like 18 and 20 when I got my tattoos, but I probably would tip now...

#3 Jenn3878

Jenn3878
      • 5,681 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:09 PM

I have tipped my tattoo guy/girl absolutely :) Especially if it was an intricate piece :)

#4 happygilmore

happygilmore
        • 576 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:16 PM

I have tipped for all my tattoo's however I do it because I always feel like they expect it! However, none of my tattoo's are huge and have all taken 1 hour or less and have all costed about $100...so $100/hour...I don't get paid $100/hour at my job and I don't get tipped either! Can you tell it is a touchy point with me...I know they don't get the full $100 if they have to rent a station etc...but still they get paid well!

#5 *Heather*

*Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 9,532 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:25 PM

I've never tipped...but dang, now I think I should have! I feel bad. But I guess I figure they charge enough...I dunno?

#6 Jacqueline

Jacqueline
            • VIP Member
            • 3,160 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:29 PM

yeah me either, i never tipped. i normally always tip good and everyone but for whatever reason, i never did. well now i know i guess. notthat ill be getting a ton more buttttt ill prob get one more after the wedding. or two. lol

#7 Kat81

Kat81
              • VIP Member
              • 7,615 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:34 PM

I never have tipped. Because I always felt like they got the majority of the money I was giving them. Then again I always tip my hair lady and she owns the place so I know she always gets all the money I give her..... I guess tip at your own discretion.

#8 stacey

stacey

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 4,853 posts

Ive never tipped. My guy also is a co-owner in the business, so I never really thought about. frankly I get sick of tipping everyone. I wish they would just charge what they want to charge and be done with it.
                  Stacey & Ely 10.14.2008

#9 Chiquita

Chiquita
                  • 2,674 posts

I would tip.. especially if he's giving you a deal on the price. I've always tipped for my tattoos :)

#10 ashey063009

ashey063009
                    • 604 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

As with any service, you should definitely tip. Especially if he's cut you a good deal. Touch-ups are super important, and I'd definitely recommend tipping, especially if you ever plan on going there again, or recommending anyone. Doesn't have to be much, although I normally go about 20%.
                      Did you go to him initially, or is he just doing your touch-up?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users