• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
  • 813 posts

Posted 19 May 2009 - 09:14 AM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jamaicabride2010
    drbrainfreeze - How many guests did you have? Was there a poolside or beach reception every night?
    I didn't pay too much attention, honestly. Fri night, we were at the Plantation and there was a dinner reception above me that moved to poolside after dinner. I only know that because I could hear and see them from my room. Saturday night was my poolside reception, and there was also a reception that I know of at Plantation. This was the beach party night so no beach receptions could take place. I could faintly hear and see the beach party from my reception.

We had 27 including us. It was a perfect location for that size and you can definately have more or less in that location.

#22 jamaica2010ms

jamaica2010ms
    • 46 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 03:55 PM

Great photos! Would there have been centerpieces to choose from had you have not brought your own?

#23 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
      • 813 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 04:29 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by jamaica2010ms
        Great photos! Would there have been centerpieces to choose from had you have not brought your own?
        Yes. But originally we wanted cylinder vases with palm leaves and they wanted to charge me $45...EACH!! This is in addition to the hanging metal lanterns I had already had, plus the sea shells. In total it would have cost me $62 per table.

So I said no thank you, and did my own, plus I got to keep the stuff. I think my centerpieces maybe cost $32.00 each table instead.

So, yes, you can get centerpieces through them. They would be through Tai Flora and you might want to ask Chandlyn what the costs are based on what you want.

#24 JD61109

JD61109
        • 18 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:29 AM

The pictures are great! Did you have a professional photographer from jamaica or did you bring one with you? How was the poolside receptio? I'm having the semi-private dinner and than the poolside reception for desert and dancing. I would love to hear how everything went but I will check if you have your review up before I keep asking you a million questions :)

#25 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
          • 813 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 11:28 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by JD61109
            The pictures are great! Did you have a professional photographer from jamaica or did you bring one with you? How was the poolside receptio? I'm having the semi-private dinner and than the poolside reception for desert and dancing. I would love to hear how everything went but I will check if you have your review up before I keep asking you a million questions :)
            Yep, review is up and should answer any questions that you have. Let me know if you have any more though!

#26 kristyne

kristyne
            • 14 posts

Posted 17 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

Hey Dr. Brainfreeze
              Was there also a salad bar included with the BBQ menu. It looked like you had a bunch of different salads in your pictures.
              Where did you buy the paper bag candle holders that you had on the ground? I have been looking around for something similar.
              Thanks,
              Kristyne

#27 drbrainfreeze

drbrainfreeze
              • 813 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:21 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by kristyne
                Hey Dr. Brainfreeze
                Was there also a salad bar included with the BBQ menu. It looked like you had a bunch of different salads in your pictures.
                Where did you buy the paper bag candle holders that you had on the ground? I have been looking around for something similar.
                Thanks,
                Kristyne
                There was a salad bar. Included was a salad bar, baked potatoes, various side dishes, 6 proteins, a dessert bar and rolls. Way more food than you would ever think you need :)

They cooked the protein right there on a grill.

The food was fabulous and amongst the best we had during the week.

Mammee Bay (the semi-private) was good, but the food took FOREVER and my sausage was very undercooked.

#28 booschmit

booschmit
                • 43 posts

Posted 04 March 2010 - 12:37 AM

I thought I had seen somewhere on this website that if you have more than 50 guests at the ROR that you HAVE to have a private dinner which costs $50-$55 a person. Is this true? Is there any leway on this? We were planning on 50-60 people but wanted the semi private dinner at the steakhouse because it is free. So if I have 50 I'm ok? but anything over that will be an extra $2500-$3000?? Do I have that right? Any other cheaper options?
                  Also does anyone have any pics of a poolside reception at the ROR. THat is what we are leaning towards but would love to see the setup. Also curious to those that have used the paper lanters poolside, what size lantern did you get?
                  Thanks. I just started this process in the past month and like most others, have found this website so very, very, helpful. Thanks to all of you!!! Still trying to figure out how to best search though. This can be very time consuming! :)

#29 dayna_123

dayna_123
                  • 178 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:45 PM

I'm just wondering....how soon do you contact the wedding coordinator about going with a poolside reception and the menu that you want? I filled out the forms online, but I know thats just an estimate, and after being on this site there are so many other options that I want to do and upgrade.

#30 hiccups

hiccups
                    • 224 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 12:17 PM

I say book as soon as possible so you're not disappointed if it's not available. I know some brides booked when they got to the resort and they were lucky enough to get it but you just never know. Also, I contacted the WC and she sent me the menu for the buffet for the poolside reception and it's just one menu...no other options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users