Photo

All Maggie Sottero brides post here

• Please log in to reply
1191 replies to this topic

#561 LynnieS

LynnieS
  • 319 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 02:31 PM

Oh, and thank you so much Cindy and Michelle!!
    yay. . . we're gradu-umtaded!!!

#562 rosieposie

rosieposie
    • 649 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:17 PM

a store a little out of town carries the dress I want for $100 less than this other larger more well known store in town. When asked if they would match the price (so I wouldn't have to drive out there) the sales associate freaked out, and said that that's below their MSRP from Maggie Sottero and it would be illegal for them or any other store to do so. Went on about how I shouldn't buy from that other store because if anything happened to their MS contract b/c of their lower price, I wouldn't get my dress and they probably wouldn't give me my money back....the difference is $100, so not a huge amount - but still $100....to store with a sale associate with bad service....

They're both on MS website as authorized dealers.

#563 lmuze

lmuze
      • 457 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 05:48 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by rosieposie
        a store a little out of town carries the dress I want for $100 less than this other larger more well known store in town. When asked if they would match the price (so I wouldn't have to drive out there) the sales associate freaked out, and said that that's below their MSRP from Maggie Sottero and it would be illegal for them or any other store to do so. Went on about how I shouldn't buy from that other store because if anything happened to their MS contract b/c of their lower price, I wouldn't get my dress and they probably wouldn't give me my money back....the difference is $100, so not a huge amount - but still $100....to store with a sale associate with bad service....

I think the sales person just want to make her/his commission. I was in the similar position, the store where I tried my dress was selling it for $1100, i decided to shop around and I ended up ordering from a different store for $800 (actually 700 + 100 for a rush order). I didn't even bother going back to the original store, they were both MS Authorized dealer and the store I bought from have been an MS Authorized dealer for years.

#564 dolfinluck

dolfinluck
        • 2,424 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 09:26 AM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by rosieposie

I heard the same thing when i was shopping around from one store, but i have my dress in hand with no problems.
          To check on the MSRP of a maggie dress just do a google search. there are a couple of stores that sell real maggies online and their prices are usually the MSRP. You will not get that much off but some. I was able to get about $80 off, which helped with alterations. I cant believe more ppl dont shop around for prices on their wedding dress, i have looked at preowned maggies online and some ppl paid a couple hundred over MSRP, i think i once saw one for close to double.

#565 Oryx

Oryx
          • 727 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:31 AM

Attention Toronto/Mississauga area brides:

Bridal & Beyond is having a Maggie trunk sale! I am so excited :)

Wedding Dresses Bridesmaid Dresses Bridal Gowns Toronto wedding dress

#566 MissWarren

MissWarren
            • 13 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 11:44 AM

I am a Maggie Bride, I just purchased the Madison :):):) It was the first and last dress I have ever tryed on teehee
              Stephanie

#567 Cindy*

Cindy*
              • 2,655 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:24 PM

Thanks Renee, I will check that out for sure!

#568 rosieposie

rosieposie
                • 649 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 05:00 PM

Thanks Imuze & dolfinluck! phew! i was starting to worry - the sales associate made it seem like it was some sort of illegal exchange or smuggling or something!

=)

Foing to drive out in 3 weeks to order myself a Paigely!!! Can't wait!!!!

#569 nikkimadril

nikkimadril
                  • 95 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:43 PM

I'll be a Maggie bride! I bought the Grace Lynette...it was the total opposite of what I was looking for originally and it was the third dress ever that I tried on. I knew it was "The Dress" the second it was laced up. I paid about $900 for it at a bridal shop in Denver. The only stores I found online that carried that style did not offer a better price than that.

Click the image to open in full size.

#570 Patourn

Patourn
                    • 377 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 07:55 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by nikkimadril
                      I'll be a Maggie bride! I bought the Grace Lynette...it was the total opposite of what I was looking for originally and it was the third dress ever that I tried on. I knew it was "The Dress" the second it was laced up. I paid about $900 for it at a bridal shop in Denver. The only stores I found online that carried that style did not offer a better price than that.

Click the image to open in full size.
                      Beautiful!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users