Jump to content

Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here


  • Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#641 TheOneDay

TheOneDay
  • Newbie
  • 59 posts

    Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:11 PM

    Bluestarfishsea – Thank you for the kindness.

    If this is all the drama surrounding my wedding I will be one lucky bride  Plus all the ladies on this posting look so pretty it must have just been bad luck for me. I don’t want to deter anyone from ordering dresses. I just wanted to make sure everyone can make an informed decision on which company they choose to go through. I contacted light in the box but they were 30 dollars more. I would have paid 30 dollars more for less drama.

    The upside is that dress shopping is fun, I am excited to see what is new out there.

    #642 KJT1985

    KJT1985
    • Member
    • 694 posts

      Posted 24 March 2010 - 03:33 PM

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by TheOneDay
      Bluestarfishsea – Thank you for the kindness.

      If this is all the drama surrounding my wedding I will be one lucky bride  Plus all the ladies on this posting look so pretty it must have just been bad luck for me. I don’t want to deter anyone from ordering dresses. I just wanted to make sure everyone can make an informed decision on which company they choose to go through. I contacted light in the box but they were 30 dollars more. I would have paid 30 dollars more for less drama.

      The upside is that dress shopping is fun, I am excited to see what is new out there.
      What an awesome attitude to have!! I, too, am sorry to hear about your bad experience. Ordering a knockoff was really scary for me (and i'm sure most brides). I think it really depends on your situation and what you're expecting. For me it was important that the dress not appear mass produced (I don't want to trash talk Davids bridals but I, personally, couldn't stand the quality of their dresses) but I also knew I wouldn't have the maggie sottero quality in my maggie sottero replica. For me it came down to money. My husband, being the practical person he is, just would NOT let me spend $1200 on a dress that i'd wear for a few hours. I was willing to take the risk. For $180 I didn't think I could go wrong, even if I ended up hating this.

      So to other brides who are considering it, I recommend being prepared that the quality is NOT the same as most dresses you might have tried on. BUT the price isn't either so you can't complain too much. If you have an open mind and aren't looking for an exact replica you'll probably be pretty darn happy with your deal. Ordering a completely custom dress is risky even if it comes from a reputable seamstress - that would be scary for me too! Every individual is different and every seller is different. Maybe they were busier when they made TheOneDays dress, who knows. I would just say that you should go into it with the mindset that it won't live up to expectations and you might be wasting a couple hundred bucks. You'll never be disappointed if you're expectations aren't high!

      Good luck to all the brides ordering replicas, I can't wait to see your dresses!!

      #643 jackie_c

      jackie_c
      • Jr. Member
      • 431 posts

        Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:54 PM

        TheOneDay - thank you for being honest in your dress review for Gianninar. I'm seriously considering using them, and will def have to mull it over a bit more after your review.

        Keep us posted on your new dress search and finding the dress of your dreams, and if you haven't already posted pics of your gianninar bridal dress I'd love to see them. They were at the top of my list for a China-made dress.

        I think I'm like a lot of brides who can't justify spending that much for a 1 day dress. My wedding is supposed to be more about fun, family and relaxation. I don't wanna look like the paperbag princess either tho

        #644 steflovesbran

        steflovesbran
        • Newbie
        • 9 posts

          Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:05 AM

          omg omg omg!!! i just got my pictures from Duosheng of my dress and bridesmaid dresses and they are absolutely perfect!! i started crying they are so great! the bridesmaid dress is PERFECT in comparison to the original and my dress the lace underneath looks a bit different and possibly the fabric then the original but i'm not complaining as i saved over $1000!! now i have to figure out how to post the pics hehe.

          #645 steflovesbran

          steflovesbran
          • Newbie
          • 9 posts

            Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:21 AM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by steflovesbran
            omg omg omg!!! i just got my pictures from Duosheng of my dress and bridesmaid dresses and they are absolutely perfect!! i started crying they are so great! the bridesmaid dress is PERFECT in comparison to the original and my dress the lace underneath looks a bit different and possibly the fabric then the original but i'm not complaining as i saved over $1000!! now i have to figure out how to post the pics hehe.
            ok here are my dresses!! hopefully the pics show up!

            Click the image to open in full size.

            Click the image to open in full size.

            Click the image to open in full size.

            #646 KJT1985

            KJT1985
            • Member
            • 694 posts

              Posted 25 March 2010 - 10:46 AM

              steflovesbran - those are BEAUTIFUL!! I'd be crying too!! YIPPEEE!!

              #647 mindylcarter

              mindylcarter
              • Newbie
              • 80 posts

                Posted 25 March 2010 - 11:43 AM

                steflovesbran I love your dresses, I am especially fond of yellow, and I love the style you chose for your bm dress, very beautiful!

                #648 barbiegirl_27

                barbiegirl_27
                • Member
                • 946 posts

                  Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:03 PM

                  beautiful dresses! I love the tone of the yellow too! Gorgeous!! I'm sure you're super excited to have them in person!

                  #649 emilyk78

                  emilyk78
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 220 posts

                    Posted 25 March 2010 - 03:50 PM

                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by steflovesbran
                    ok here are my dresses!! hopefully the pics show up!

                    Click the image to open in full size.

                    Click the image to open in full size.

                    Click the image to open in full size.
                    Your dresses turned out gorgeous!!
                    ~*~*~Emily & Chuck~*~*~ January 10, 2011~*~*~ Carnival Inspiration~*~*~

                    #650 sam33

                    sam33
                    • Newbie
                    • 62 posts

                      Posted 25 March 2010 - 04:03 PM

                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jo&Daz 20-10-2010
                      So I finally got my pictures from Duosheng... and I think I will have to wait until I get the dress before I know if I am happy or not!

                      The thing that concerns me the most is the size of it! I am a size 16 and this dress looks TINY! I have asked her to confirm the measurements for me, and remeasure the dress, and those were all right - but tell me if you think I am crazy - but that is NOT a 105.5cm waist and 135cm hips! But she assures me that it is, so I guess I will just have to wait...

                      The original is definately not as floral, but I don't mind that... The original is VERY sparkly tho, and this one does not look sparkly - but I guess thats nothing some swarovski crystals and a needle and thread cant fix! What do you ladies think?

                      I just can't shake the fact that my heart sunk when I saw it

                      Click the image to open in full size.
                      Click the image to open in full size.
                      Click the image to open in full size.

                      original:
                      Click the image to open in full size.

                      My amazing shoes are another story! I wanted something a bit different for my shoes, in the colours of my bridesmaid dresses, but with only a little heel so I drew this using paint:

                      Click the image to open in full size.

                      and here they are!!!

                      Click the image to open in full size.
                      Click the image to open in full size.

                      So very very happy with the shoes...

                      Jo

                      Your dress is amazing!!!
                      I love it more than the original.
                      Dont worry i`m sure the sizing is just right.




                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users


                        Google (1)