Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#41 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
  • 2,777 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:15 AM

Have you heard any reviews on them? I tried searching for reviews on them and didn't find any which is fishy to me. Also credible pages always have their accepted forms of payment listed in a small logo on the bottom of their pages and they didn't have this listed. Did you contact them regarding seeing a pic of the dress before being sent? I didn't see anywhere on their page where it said they did that. What are their prices? I found another forum that was talking about them but no one had ordered from them there prices were quite high, at least double landy's prices

Sorry for all the questions. Alot of girls come to this thread looking for someone good and credible to do their dress and these are things to be addressed.

#42 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
    • 2,777 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:15 AM

Have you heard any reviews on them? I tried searching for reviews on them and didn't find any which is fishy to me. Also credible pages always have their accepted forms of payment listed in a small logo on the bottom of their pages and they didn't have this listed. Did you contact them regarding seeing a pic of the dress before being sent? I didn't see anywhere on their page where it said they did that. What are their prices? I found another forum that was talking about them but no one had ordered from them there prices were quite high, at least double landy's prices

Sorry for all the questions. Alot of girls come to this thread looking for someone good and credible to do their dress and these are things to be addressed.

#43 sugaredviolets

sugaredviolets
      • 59 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 03:50 PM

I emailed both the landybridal and duosheng.com yesterday. I got an email right away from dousheng that said they needed to send my ideas to their designer and would get back to me. She did this morning and gave me a quote of $161.95. I'm still going to wait to hear back from the other.

#44 IMPPEARL

IMPPEARL
        • 336 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:04 AM

For those of you who have ordered and received one of these dresses, were there any Brokerage Fees, or Duty when it arrived? If so what were they approx?

I ordered mine a few weeks ago and just got the email saying they shipped it. I want to be prepared when it arrives. Thanks
          Need an Amazing Photographer? Phil Steingard and his colleagues are great!http://www.steingardstudios.com/
          http://www.michaelsteingard.com/
          http://www.jamiedimitry.com/

#45 sugaredviolets

sugaredviolets
          • 59 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:23 PM

Zero-Love said they would not do my dress. I was really surprised. Are they just swamped this time of year? Anyway, I went with duosheng and got "best quality". I'll post my pics when it arrives.

#46 Jacilynda

Jacilynda
            • 2,777 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:54 PM

WOW I'm surprised. They might be swamped, I'm not sure!

Imppearl- I didn't have to pay any duty tax. DHL just delivered it to my door!

#47 Dee83

Dee83
              • 108 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 09:59 PM

I ordered a TTD dress from lightinthebox.com which arrived today. I was nervous about the quality but it is really well made and I absolutely love the dress. I will post pics as soon as I have time.

#48 sugaredviolets

sugaredviolets
                • 59 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:07 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Dee83
                  I ordered a TTD dress from lightinthebox.com which arrived today. I was nervous about the quality but it is really well made and I absolutely love the dress. I will post pics as soon as I have time.
                  Gosh! They have a lot of unusual dresses. I looked through all 13 pages, I couldn't help it! Many short dresses, I love it! Which did you choose Dee?

#49 Dee83

Dee83
                  • 108 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 08:38 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by sugaredviolets
                    Gosh! They have a lot of unusual dresses. I looked through all 13 pages, I couldn't help it! Many short dresses, I love it! Which did you choose Dee?
                    This is my TTD dress...I think it would look gorgeous in pictures
                    Click the image to open in full size.

#50 roo66

roo66
                    • 1,001 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:27 AM

oh my gosh dee thats the dress that i fell in love with,how did it come out? can you post real piccs of it? its what i want for my dress so would love to see the colours for real xx

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users