Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Now the tough decisions.... White or Ivory?

Buy it right this second or wait till the weekend? My FMIL was going to go with me to the bridal salon this weekend so I could show her the dress I'm in love with. Once I buy it (from Landry) I don't want to try on the real thing again because I don't want to get too picky with comparisons.

Since you customized your order, Jacilynda, did you find it to be pretty true to the size you ordered? Not sure if I should pick a size to keep it simple or to customize my measurements. I will need it shortened for sure. I wonder if getting a corsett back will reduce the need to get the bust taken in, since I can just tighten it.

Yaaaaaay!

I did a standard 10 and didn't really pay attention to the chart she had just cause thats what my previous dress was. One of my friends ordered from her and just ordered a custom size cause she loved mine so much she was confident enough. She hasn't received it yet so I can't comment on how well it turned out.

But since I didn't really pay attention to her sizes mine was a bit small. I would love to tell you custom, but my whole things was being able to return just incase it wasn't what I wanted and then have it altered later. Even getting it altered would still save me lots of moolah from the whole price of the dress. Although I have lost some weight since buying it, so I might go slip into it and see if it zips. My hips were 2 inches bigger than her chart listed my dress when i got it and its mermaid so I couldn't get it zipped but now my hips are that size. My waist is a little big, but i will try and suck it in and see what happens!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacilynda View Post
OMG KIMMY!!!! So I just jumped into my dress and sure enough that sucker zipped right up!!! I had to suck in a little, but her measurements on her chart are right on!
CONGRATS GIRL!!! I bet you feel like a million bucks!! pinkie.gif
That's so exciting! I saw your pics in your other thread and you already looked fabulous in it! Are you going to be able to keep it hidden from your fiance until the big day?! I know i'll have such a hard time with that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyG View Post
CONGRATS GIRL!!! I bet you feel like a million bucks!! pinkie.gif
That's so exciting! I saw your pics in your other thread and you already looked fabulous in it! Are you going to be able to keep it hidden from your fiance until the big day?! I know i'll have such a hard time with that!
The good thing is that Joe does NOT want to see it until then. I have a hard time holding out, but I have it in a garment bag and he can't see it. He just has not desire to see until until that day when I'm all done up so that helps! If he was one of those guys that really needed to peak I'd probably keep it at someone elses house!

• 2 weeks later...

She doesn't have any short dresses listed on her site sad.gif although I guarantee she can do both of those dresses! The first one is kind of like mine but short. i will PM you her email and you can talk to her about it. She does lots of short BM dresses!

I have changed my mind about Zero love and I am going with Duosheng apparently they can use the real pictures of dresses and name the designers as they manufacture them. I have a formal event for work in July so I will be ordering a dress from them first before I order my wedding dress. They have shoes, veils and accessories too. It is just a matter of what to order!!