Jump to content

Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here


  • Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#4301 Cateyedcutie

Cateyedcutie
  • Jr. Member
  • 159 posts

    Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:44 PM

    I think it looks great. The only real difference I see is the colour. I`m now toying with the idea of buying my beloved Adorae and finding an ebay seller to make my short reception or TTD. For under 200 you can`t go wrong. I love this website.
     

    Originally Posted by exquisite02 

    Ladies, so last time I posted I told you that my mum decided to order/buy from a dhgate seller instead of going with the company that I used for my dress. I used dressilyme and wrote a long review on here. My mum got a few quotes: Shades of Pale's cheapest quote was $150 US Dressilyme's quote was #167.58US plus shipping plus costom sizing. She found a seller on dhgate called Bestdavid. Bestdavid has 98% positive feedback. Bestdavid was selling the dress for $128  canadian dollars and free shipping so she ordered from best david after she did a live chat with them. She order this dress on January 11, 2012 and recieved the dress today January 18, 2012. Overall, my mum is very happy about this dress. The quality of this dress is amazing. The craftmanship is stunning. The dress is fully lined and stitched beautifully. The flowers on this dress is stunning. Her only complainst are the color of the dress is a little darker and that the bust is a little tight. I think the bust size is 1inch too small and she is not used to wearing a built in bra. I think it will be okay once she tries it on a couple more times. She can't gain any weight in the next 4 months lol. In real life the dress doesn't look tight at all and she has a lot of room to move around. This is the dress right out of the bag! I think this dress is perfect for my wedding in May and she can wear it again after my wedding.

     

     SAM_0057.JPGSAM_0058.JPG

     

    blue flower dress2.jpgblue flower dress.jpg



     



    #4302 exquisite02

    exquisite02
    • Site Supporter
    • 121 posts

      Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:46 PM


      My mum did custom measurements. They made the bust 2 inches too small. we compared the measurements she inputted and the measurement of the dress and the dress is wrong not her measurements. When i ordered my wedding dress from dressilyme i did custom measurements as well and it fits like a glove. my mum's dress fits her like a glove every where but the bust. I think the problem is the built in bra cups. the build in bra cups are too small. My mum is a full D cup and don't think they have big boobs in china lol
       

      Originally Posted by aussie-2 

      Exquisite02 did you mum get custom measurements or did she just go with a standard size?



       



      #4303 SparksFly

      SparksFly
      • Jr. Member
      • 219 posts

        Posted 19 January 2012 - 06:05 AM

        I wish this thread had more short reception dresses that were done through china sellers!

         

        I really don't want to spend more than $200. Does anyone have any ideas?



        #4304 Bride2012

        Bride2012
        • Banned
        • 442 posts

          Posted 19 January 2012 - 08:49 AM

          I got my short reception through jasmines bridal.... They did an AMAZING job!

          #4305 Cateyedcutie

          Cateyedcutie
          • Jr. Member
          • 159 posts

            Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:04 AM

            Oh la la, any pics?
             

            Originally Posted by Bride2012 

            I got my short reception through jasmines bridal.... They did an AMAZING job!


             



            #4306 MrsMom

            MrsMom
            • Newbie
            • 35 posts

              Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:14 AM

              There is a great site called Rue La La that has deals from different clothing retailers and today they have a shop called Style I DO with killer deals on reception dresses, gowns, shoes, veils, etc! 

              I wish this thread had more short reception dresses that were done through china sellers!

               

              I really don't want to spend more than $200. Does anyone have any ideas?



               



              #4307 atalanta

              atalanta
              • Jr. Member
              • 326 posts

                Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:26 AM


                Here's my honest opinion. The dress looks well made, but the lining of the bra cups through her dress is unflattering. I would suggest alterations to remove the bra cups and a price adjustment since the bust was made 2 inches too small.

                 

                 

                Originally Posted by exquisite02 


                My mum did custom measurements. They made the bust 2 inches too small. we compared the measurements she inputted and the measurement of the dress and the dress is wrong not her measurements. When i ordered my wedding dress from dressilyme i did custom measurements as well and it fits like a glove. my mum's dress fits her like a glove every where but the bust. I think the problem is the built in bra cups. the build in bra cups are too small. My mum is a full D cup and don't think they have big boobs in china lol
                 



                 



                 



                #4308 trivera5521

                trivera5521
                • Jr. Member
                • 470 posts

                  Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:28 PM


                  WOW thats identical to the inspiration dress!!
                   

                  Originally Posted by exquisite02 

                  Ladies, so last time I posted I told you that my mum decided to order/buy from a dhgate seller instead of going with the company that I used for my dress. I used dressilyme and wrote a long review on here. My mum got a few quotes: Shades of Pale's cheapest quote was $150 US Dressilyme's quote was #167.58US plus shipping plus costom sizing. She found a seller on dhgate called Bestdavid. Bestdavid has 98% positive feedback. Bestdavid was selling the dress for $128  canadian dollars and free shipping so she ordered from best david after she did a live chat with them. She order this dress on January 11, 2012 and recieved the dress today January 18, 2012. Overall, my mum is very happy about this dress. The quality of this dress is amazing. The craftmanship is stunning. The dress is fully lined and stitched beautifully. The flowers on this dress is stunning. Her only complainst are the color of the dress is a little darker and that the bust is a little tight. I think the bust size is 1inch too small and she is not used to wearing a built in bra. I think it will be okay once she tries it on a couple more times. She can't gain any weight in the next 4 months lol. In real life the dress doesn't look tight at all and she has a lot of room to move around. This is the dress right out of the bag! I think this dress is perfect for my wedding in May and she can wear it again after my wedding.

                   

                   SAM_0057.JPGSAM_0058.JPG

                   

                  blue flower dress2.jpgblue flower dress.jpg



                   



                  #4309 trivera5521

                  trivera5521
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 470 posts

                    Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:41 PM

                    Ugh Ladies I need you help! I sooo want the Lazaro 3819 floral embroidered dress. Of course its out of my budget and I am hoping to find one of these companies that can make me a replica. The only problem is that its so detailed with embroidery and consists of multiple colors that most cant do it =( I appreciate their honesty but I am still hopeful to find a company that feels confident enough to take on this job. I dont have permissions to upload so here is the link to the dress as I want it.

                     

                    http://www.jlmcoutur...onal/Style-3819

                     

                    Does anyones knockoff dress consist of embroidering?? If not, has anyone come across a seller that does work like this??

                     

                    HELP GUYS?!!!!!!!!!



                    #4310 mrlddst

                    mrlddst
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 222 posts

                      Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:46 PM



                      Originally Posted by SparksFly 

                      I wish this thread had more short reception dresses that were done through china sellers!

                       

                      I really don't want to spend more than $200. Does anyone have any ideas?

                      Try searching some of their names on Facebook.  I know Jasmines and Shades of Pale had pictures posted of work they had done, long and short.

                       

                       


                      Its done.....you can read my planning journal or the review...long over due.

                      http://www.bestdesti...ego-bay-jamaica





                      1 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users