Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#3041 AwayDC

AwayDC
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:55 PM

Wow! the dress looks beautiful. Thanks for sharing :)

#3042 JoanneIreland

JoanneIreland
    • 860 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:16 PM

Wow JQLong, I think the replica is better than original!! Love it. Hope you'll post photos of you in it!

#3043 jbmarch2012

jbmarch2012
      • 460 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:37 PM

Wow JQ, it looks just like the original! Beautiful dress, I think you should post a picture of you wearing it! I'm planning on doing the same when I get mine, it's on its way!

#3044 allybama oz

allybama oz
        • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:38 PM

Hello Everyone,

Been "lurking" on this thread for the past few days and have read every single post! Very, very insightful and so informative

I tried on 7 dresses in a Bridal store with my bridesmaids a few weeks back, I went in with absolutely NO idea or plan on what style of dress I wanted, I let the Bridal Consultant give me some options and I'd see what style suited my shape and what I felt most amazing in....

I've unfortunately seen so many friends/family/co-workers get completely set on a gown that was completely wrong for them based on what they've seen looking amazing on a 6ft model in a glossy magazine, then being bitterly disappointed when they try it on and it doesnt work. I totally echo what Prettypig has said all through this thread!!!!

Anyway, being 5ft 2 and 50kg (110 pounds) i sort of outruled the long, slinky lines.. (even though they are my fave style) and was convinced A-line would be my best shot, Funnily enough the Maggie Sottero - Claudette Claudette.jpg

looked the best, although i had always believed that Ball gown styles would swamp me totally!

I also tried on a couture dress that was almost identical, but with much more intricate beading on the bodice.... at $3300, HELL NO!

Dresses in Australia are notoriusly expensive :-(

I ordered the Claudette (minus the flower sash) on April 11th from AllureC162.jpg

Communication through eweddingdressshops has been good, they reply within a few hours (time zone between Australia and China is a bit easier to manage!) My dress is due to arrive at the end of next week, so fingers crossed it's a positive outcome! i may not need the back up afterall!

i shall keep you posted on the arrival of the knock off Claudette when it arrives.... havent heard them mentioned on here as yet, so I may be the trial "Guinea Pig".

#3045 JQLong

JQLong
          • 336 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:38 AM

Thank you ladies.  I will post pics when I receive it.  I am having it delivered to my MOH house.  It will stay there until next year when I go for alterations.  I ordered a bridal garment bag from Amazon so I'll keep it in there.

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#3046 JQLong

JQLong
            • 336 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 04:33 AM

Your dress is lovely!

So Amazing......July 4, 2012!!!!!!

#3047 Praye

Praye
              • Site Supporter
              • 117 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:12 AM

Wow amazing dresses ladies!!!!  thanks for giving me more confidence in buying a knock off.

Paradisus Palma Real, Punta Cana

#3048 pacificgirl

pacificgirl
                • 92 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:37 PM

Hey ladies! What beautiful dresses! I'm on a very tight budget for my wedding, about $500 which won't be too bad since we're doing a pot luck reception and getting married at a beautiful park here in Oregon. I've been lurking on this thread since about December, and have finally found a dress I would love to get re-created. I would like opinions on who the best knock-off designer would be (monica bridal or babyonline). Thank you in advance ladies! :)   

http://www.peridress...Style-3100.html

#3049 ericka417

ericka417
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 97 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:00 PM

IKT and JK both of your dresses are beautiful they are making me think that ordering through these shops wont be as scary as I thought.

#3050 pacificnwgirl

pacificnwgirl
                    • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:29 AM

Hey ladies! I've been stalking this thread for quite some time now and have finally decided it's about time to order my dress. After reading this thread I've come to the conclusion that either MonicaBridal or BabyOnline will be the best options for the quality. I do need your help though. The dresses I am looking at have tulle in them, as well as some beading. As I don't have any experience with either store, I want to know who the best company to make my dress for me is. I provided a few links below to the dresses that I am looking at. Thank you so much girls!  :)

Dress A:

http://i55.tinypic.com/e0kftl.jpg

Dress B:

http://store.perfect..._p/cas_2033.htm

Dress C:

http://www.dhgate.co...f6e326723b.html

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users