Photo

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

• Please log in to reply
6405 replies to this topic

#261 TheOneDay

TheOneDay
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:25 PM

Has anyone had to have their dress altered after receiving it? If yes, how did you go about finding a person or place to alter it?

#262 bholthof

bholthof
    • Banned
    • 323 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:28 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by TheOneDay
      Has anyone had to have their dress altered after receiving it? If yes, how did you go about finding a person or place to alter it?
      I am in the process of locating a seamstress to do alterations. I just went to a bridal salon and asked if they had any recommendations for people who do alterations. Thats what I would recommend.
      21 people + Bride & Groom booked!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8e20/event.png

#263 RaychelRae

RaychelRae
      • 446 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:43 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by TheOneDay
        You could also take it to any tailor. Some bridal seamstresses tend to be more expensive if you didn't buy the dress there. If you take it to any ol' tailor, however, I would ask them first if they have ever altered a dress like yours (ie- beaded, rouched, etc) This is where it might be worth the extra money to have a bridal seamstress do the job since they are used to working with fine fabrics and beading.

#264 TheOneDay

TheOneDay
        • 59 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 03:29 PM

That sounds pretty simple, thank you ladies.

#265 EmmaGaussoin

EmmaGaussoin
          • 203 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:09 PM

I am nervous and excited all at the same time. I ordered my dress from Gianinarbridal. We will see how it turns out! This is the dress I requested: Casa Blanca Bridal :: Collections

#266 KJT1985

KJT1985
            • 694 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:24 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by EmmaGaussoin
              I am nervous and excited all at the same time. I ordered my dress from Gianinarbridal. We will see how it turns out! This is the dress I requested: Casa Blanca Bridal :: Collections
              YAHOO! When did you order it? They're starting my dress today!! I'm ecstatic and can't wait!!!

#267 RN2B

RN2B
              • 30 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:26 PM

I bought one of my dresses from inweddingdress.com. I was leary at first but when I got it last week, I loved it!!!! First off I didn't know the dresses from China were Knock offs of the designers I just wanted an inexpensive dress. I must say that the quality of the dress is that of a davids bridal dress. I got a satin dress from them and it looks good.

Most of the things that we wear and use on a daily basis on made in China anyway so I figured what the heck! I'm not a label whore so it didnt matter to me who made the dress as long as it looked good, its for one day! So to answer the original question, I think it is fine to go with a dress from China! I had a great experience!

#268 KJT1985

KJT1985
                • 694 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:36 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by RN2B
                  I bought one of my dresses from inweddingdress.com. I was leary at first but when I got it last week, I loved it!!!! First off I didn't know the dresses from China were Knock offs of the designers I just wanted an inexpensive dress. I must say that the quality of the dress is that of a davids bridal dress. I got a satin dress from them and it looks good.

Most of the things that we wear and use on a daily basis on made in China anyway so I figured what the heck! I'm not a label whore so it didnt matter to me who made the dress as long as it looked good, its for one day! So to answer the original question, I think it is fine to go with a dress from China! I had a great experience!
                  Can you describe what you mean by "Davids Bridal Quality". I was kinda hoping to avoid this. I tried on DB dresses and felt like they were poorly made mass produced dresses. (No offense to anybody who bought one but you can find better dresses for the same price). I thought my tent was made of better material than the DB taffeta dresses I tried on. Not to mention the poor fit and major alterations necessary. I ordered from somebody else so the materials are guaranteed to be different but I'm kinda freaking out now! I want BETTER quality. Haha. I'm not expecting Maggie quality though (replica designer I ordered)

#269 RN2B

RN2B
                  • 30 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:47 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by KJT1985
                    Can you describe what you mean by "Davids Bridal Quality". I was kinda hoping to avoid this. I tried on DB dresses and felt like they were poorly made mass produced dresses. (No offense to anybody who bought one but you can find better dresses for the same price). I thought my tent was made of better material than the DB taffeta dresses I tried on. Not to mention the poor fit and major alterations necessary. I ordered from somebody else so the materials are guaranteed to be different but I'm kinda freaking out now! I want BETTER quality. Haha. I'm not expecting Maggie quality though (replica designer I ordered)
                    LOL! Well, to me david's bridal quality in atlanta isnt that bad! The dress is well put together no frayed edges and the beading is very pretty. I would post pics but I am getting the bust taken in that is the only part of the dress that needed alterations because I have a small chest. I didn't expect designer quality because i wasn't paying designer quality but when I put on the dress you would never be able to tell that it was a "cheap" dress. Don't be afraid be positive! If you are a praying woman pray lots before it gets here that's what I did and i thank God that the dress is pretty being that my wedding is in Decemeber!

#270 EmmaGaussoin

EmmaGaussoin
                    • 203 posts

Posted 29 October 2009 - 09:49 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by KJT1985
                      YAHOO! When did you order it? They're starting my dress today!! I'm ecstatic and can't wait!!!
                      I just sent my deposit and measurements today! I already can't wait either. I am ordering early if it doesn't turn out as good as I want but I have high hopes! Post pictures once you get it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users