Originally Posted by Cindy* 

Pretty dress Bree!

Thanks Sin! :)

#1302 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
    • 539 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by mcmv514 

Hi RunningBride24!  I'm also getting the same dress!  That's actually how I found this forum.  I had my friend's mom make the dress for me but I had my fitting the other day, and I think we bought the wrong color for the lining.  I wanted an ivory dress but after seeing it the other day, it looks too yellowish. =(  I thought it was just the lighting at their home but I took the swatch with me and went to Men's Warehouse.  I compared it to the ivory tux that my groom will be wearing and wow, it is way off.  There's nothing we can do about it because the dress is already done - the only thing missing are the straps. 

Hey Ladies! So you have all convinced me! I've have just ordered my TTD dress from Gianinar!

Now, finger's crossed that I don't get raped on brokerage fees in the shipping to Canada! LOL

Here is the photo of the dress, the design is by Kirstie Kelly from her Disney Bridal line - the Ariel style! Perfect for the beach!

a2824.jpg

a2824alt_detail.jpg

We'll see how they do with it!

Bree - LOVE the dress! Keep us posted

mcmv514 - Yes I will definitely post pictures. There should be some a few pages back, I posted pictures when they were emailed to me. Just pm me and I can send them to you! The dress should be here tomorrow if the delivery company actually shows up this time. once I have the actual dress I'll put more pictures up. This is dress #2 that I'm wearing for my TTD, but I still love it and hope it turns out great!

~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#1303 Michelle-2

Michelle-2
      • 310 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Lolita29 

Bonnie thanks for sharing Monica Bridal with me, i have been in contact with them for my BM dresses and so far they are great to deal with, i'm also in talk with them about making me a dress for my AHR and they're offereing to send me an invisable bra. Did they send you one?

Can you tell me how to get in touch with Monica Bridal?  I did a Google search, but I am not sure if I am getting the right one.

Thanks.

Beaches Turks & Caicos - October 21, 2011

#1304 kmhg

kmhg
        • 25 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:16 AM

preownedweddingdresses.com is a good meathod of finding a designer dress for a discounted price. Not all dresses are pre-worn, but all are pre-owned. This might be an alternative to buying a cheaply made knock-off, b/c you are still getting the quality of the deisgner, just buying it from another bride.

Hope that helps!

#1305 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
          • Banned
          • 1,034 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Michelle-2 

Can you tell me how to get in touch with Monica Bridal?  I did a Google search, but I am not sure if I am getting the right one.

Thanks.

Michelle,

Google Suzhou Monica, and click on the dhgate page.  If you are located in North America, you should see the seller online during the night (They are located 1 hour away from Shanghai, so it is like 12 hours away from the Eastern Standard Time), and you can chat with her.  You would need a dhgate account, it is like the chinese Ebay.

You can browse their catalog or send the pics of ur dress, she will tell you if she can do it or not.  If yes, what will be the differences.  Some sellers mentioned on this thread only gave me quotes, but never went into details like how close the dress would look like the original or..if there will be differences..what will be the differences..etc.

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1306 RunningBride24

RunningBride24
            • 539 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 04:00 PM

AHHHHHHHHHHHH my dress came! I was freaked out because it arrived in a little tiny package. I couldn't believe there was a wedding dress in there!!! 

Anyways, I LOVE it!! It's my TTD dress but I still love it. It's about 2 sizes too big which s*cks but oh well. I can't see any imperfections or mistakes, it looks so well made. I would recommend Gianinar to ANYONE!!! It was hard taking pictures myself, but I had to try it on while FI was still out of the house. I'll put them up a little later.

~The future Mrs. Thompson~10*10*10

#1307 prettypigpig

prettypigpig
              • Banned
              • 1,034 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by RunningBride24 

AHHHHHHHHHHHH my dress came! I was freaked out because it arrived in a little tiny package. I couldn't believe there was a wedding dress in there!!! 

Anyways, I LOVE it!! It's my TTD dress but I still love it. It's about 2 sizes too big which s*cks but oh well. I can't see any imperfections or mistakes, it looks so well made. I would recommend Gianinar to ANYONE!!! It was hard taking pictures myself, but I had to try it on while FI was still out of the house. I'll put them up a little later.

oh ...can't wait!

Bonnie

Married to Mr. El Khaiat on July 4th, 2011 @ Royal Playa Del Carmen

#1308 mimi73

mimi73
                • 282 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 07:53 PM

Ooooooh!!! Can't wait to see!!!

http://tickers.Ticke....8901/event.png

Bride and Groom + 42 guests booked!

#1309 breeze616

breeze616
                  • 1,760 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:07 AM

WooHoo! Cant' wait to see!

#1310 Eden

Eden
                    • Banned
                    • 15 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breeze616 

Hey Ladies! So you have all convinced me! I've have just ordered my TTD dress from Gianinar!

Now, finger's crossed that I don't get raped on brokerage fees in the shipping to Canada! LOL

Here is the photo of the dress, the design is by Kirstie Kelly from her Disney Bridal line - the Ariel style! Perfect for the beach!

a2824.jpg

a2824alt_detail.jpg

We'll see how they do with it!

Wow, BEAUTIFUL dress! I'll have to look into that line.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)