BajaBride2010

Post all "Knock Off Wedding Dress" questions/comments here

Will do! I can't wait to go back in two weeks.

I think partly the measurements might be off because I lost some weight. I just did measurements, and it looks like 2 inches. Which makes since for the chest and waist then. Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvbeachbride10 View Post
I love the dress and am really happy with the quality. I took it to alterations today, and it's 4 inches too big in the chest area, 2 inches too big in the waist, and 1 inch too small the hip. It's a little frustrating that alterations will be $200. I gave custom measurements that I had professionally done. Oh well, still way cheaper than the real dress I wanted (I did email landy about this)! Overall, I am happy with my experience.

I go back to alterations in two weeks, so I'll take pictures then!
I had the exact same problem with my Landy dress, way too big, at least 2 inches everywhere, more in the chest! They weren't willing to do anything for me, so at this point I don't know if I would recommend then very much. My measurements did not change, at least not that much! I went to the seamstress today, my alteration will cost 100$ (dress taken in, neckline small change, bra cups & padding added). Now I'm wondering if I just should have chosen a cheaper seller, since I get it altered anyway... But I've decided to put it out of my mind and just be happy about the dress.

My dress should be ready any day... I'm just waiting for the email from gianarbridal. They started end of January and said 30-40 days. I'm so excited! I can barely contain myself!

So I am considering ordering a dress myself. Dresses I have tried on in stores are actually 2 sizes up. If I order on line should I also be ordering in the wedding dress size or actual size?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereFishie View Post
My dress should be ready any day... I'm just waiting for the email from gianarbridal. They started end of January and said 30-40 days. I'm so excited! I can barely contain myself!
awesome... I hope you will post your pictures...

Hi Ladies--

I used a $129.00 knock off that I ordered from China for my TTD. I figured I would post the photos of it being used for you! It held up through the whole shoot and I think I am going to resell it for $75!

Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennandMike08 View Post
So I am considering ordering a dress myself. Dresses I have tried on in stores are actually 2 sizes up. If I order on line should I also be ordering in the wedding dress size or actual size?
The websites usually have a conversion for your US size to their wedding dress size.
I will actually reccommend going by your measurements, you can have it custom made to your body and only have to do minor measurements if anything.

Hello Ladies,

I've been reading your posts for last hour and I wish I have read them earlier. I ordered a dress from Inweddingdress.com but I am a bit nervous due to the bad quality one of you mentioned.

Here is the link to the dress

http://www.inweddingdress.com/style-bc044

I changed the zipper to the corset as I thought it will be easier to fit if measurements were not eaxactly right. The dress is pretty simple, hope they dont mess it up too much...

I will let you know how it turns out...

Margret