Jump to content

Photo

2010 Brides


  • Please log in to reply
463 replies to this topic

#381 SuzyQ76

SuzyQ76
  • Jr. Member
  • 484 posts

    Posted 04 October 2009 - 08:55 PM

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by svetayasofiya
    If you are NOT going to receive any perks for booking as a group than don't bother with the stress of it all. However, you SHOULD be getting some deals. Definitely! To count as a group you need ten people and that alone should get you better rates. With our tour company... the 21st person was free... which can be applied to anyone (of course we are taking the $$).... then after that the 42nd person is free! So I am really hoping for that. We are currently at 34 (the 4 others that make 38 are kids and don't count). In addition... I do believe we will be upgraded to a suite. My TA is working on that.

    Fight for deals / perks if you are going to book as a group. Originally to get the deals we got, we all had to fly out of the same city, but we are spread out all over the country. My TA worked real hard to have all the cities included so we can take advantage of the 21st free trip incentive. When you do the math... our group of 38 people consists of $60,000 +++ to the airline and hotel! Bringing in that kind of cash better get me something, LOL
    What tour company did you book through? I did not receive any perks either, and I don't even get a room upgrade - we're going to do that ourselves when we get in Mexico!
    Our Wedding Day, April 29, 2010
    Grand Riviera Princess

    http://i783.photobuc....quotesmall.jpg
    My Grand Riviera/Sunset Princess Review:http://bestdestinati....7/#post1283438

    #382 carolina24

    carolina24
    • Sr. Member
    • 1,573 posts

      Posted 04 October 2009 - 10:45 PM

      Hi ladies!! New to the forum so I'll need some time to figure it all out. We're planning for Sept of 2010 at the Dreams Cancun Resort. We just got back from there and it was beautiful. I tried the Riu, but was put off by the two-month-in-advance planning. I'm in the process of negotiating with the resort and it's so stressful to be doing things through email and phone calls. I'm sure that if we all hang in there the result will be amazing!
      Some good news....I ordered my dress today :) :)
      Quick question: are any of you using a travel agency for your guests? I've heard it can be cheaper. Have you heard anything about SunMex Weddings?

      #383 lorig0212

      lorig0212
      • Newbie
      • 10 posts

        Posted 04 October 2009 - 11:12 PM

        Hi all!!

        I'm a 2010 bride...April 20, 2010 to be exact @ Secrets Maroma Beach. I'm new to the site, but looooove it already LOL I wish I found it last year, but am sooo happy I came across it now. I have gotten so much great info already! Its so nice to hear from other brides in the same boat, as I really don't know anyone else who's had a DW :)

        #384 SusieQ

        SusieQ
        • Sr. Member
        • 1,603 posts

          Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:24 AM

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by carolina24
          Hi ladies!! New to the forum so I'll need some time to figure it all out. We're planning for Sept of 2010 at the Dreams Cancun Resort. We just got back from there and it was beautiful. I tried the Riu, but was put off by the two-month-in-advance planning. I'm in the process of negotiating with the resort and it's so stressful to be doing things through email and phone calls. I'm sure that if we all hang in there the result will be amazing!
          Some good news....I ordered my dress today :) :)
          Quick question: are any of you using a travel agency for your guests? I've heard it can be cheaper. Have you heard anything about SunMex Weddings?
          On the TA question I am trying to get everyone to book with the agent, why because of issues like swine flu and if something was to happen serious before we leave or while we're there she (agent) would be one direct contact for the entire group. If the place had to change she would move us all together or bring us home if needed. when people book separately they would have to contact their trip seller individually. I the case of the venue being moved.. they probably would not get the option of going where we're going.... My 2cents on the TA

          #385 ChristinaP

          ChristinaP
          • Jr. Member
          • 365 posts

            Posted 05 October 2009 - 01:54 PM

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by SusieQ
            Awesome news, You want to talk to my brother who hasn't booked yet because he thinks he is so smart and thinks if he waits to the very last minute he is going to get the deal of a life time and brag to everyone how stupid they are for booking early. Oh he needs to be smacked!!!!!
            We had company over in August just after the invites were sent out and he was telling other people that I invited that if you go online at 2am in the morning a few days before the departure date you can get deals like half price. I was so close to murder, can you amagine waiting for quest to book days before the wedding. Yikes!!!! He so got a blast of "shut up before I kill you"
            Oh forgot to mention "my brother the extent of his worldly travel experience, is Thunder Bay Ontario hunting friggin deer"
            O-kay so I haven't been in on this thread thus far, but you are flippin' funny!

            I agree that everyone feels the need to have their own opinions. They don't realize that it is still stressful and can be hard to coordinate all these people- even with a TA that specializes in DWs!

            My MOH (love her but....) has had a comment on EVERYTHING in regards to the work the the TA and I have done. She doesn't believe me...fine with me if you want to waste your time price searching!

            #386 SusieQ

            SusieQ
            • Sr. Member
            • 1,603 posts

              Posted 05 October 2009 - 02:14 PM

              Quote:
              Originally Posted by ChristinaP
              O-kay so I haven't been in on this thread thus far, but you are flippin' funny!

              I agree that everyone feels the need to have their own opinions. They don't realize that it is still stressful and can be hard to coordinate all these people- even with a TA that specializes in DWs!

              My MOH (love her but....) has had a comment on EVERYTHING in regards to the work the the TA and I have done. She doesn't believe me...fine with me if you want to waste your time price searching!
              Oh Chickie, We have special people in our lives and it's times like this you realize the meaning of the word "SPECIAL"....

              #387 lalmand

              lalmand
              • Newbie
              • 7 posts

                Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:23 PM

                Hi everyone! I've read alot of posts about the resorts not having rates yet? Are a lot of you encountering that problem? I've only been in contact with my TA once, and she gave me rates for Nov 2010 right away.....I'm assuming that she will book the wedding and everything herself? Am I being naive in thinking this? She said that they can do all the coordination from here for a fee ($75) and I was thinking ummm yah - $75 bucks and I don't have to do anything? Of course!
                I haven't booked officially with her but I'm planning on it. Is it too soon?
                Lindsay

                #388 ChristinaP

                ChristinaP
                • Jr. Member
                • 365 posts

                  Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:30 PM

                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by lalmand
                  Hi everyone! I've read alot of posts about the resorts not having rates yet? Are a lot of you encountering that problem? I've only been in contact with my TA once, and she gave me rates for Nov 2010 right away.....I'm assuming that she will book the wedding and everything herself? Am I being naive in thinking this? She said that they can do all the coordination from here for a fee ($75) and I was thinking ummm yah - $75 bucks and I don't have to do anything? Of course!
                  I haven't booked officially with her but I'm planning on it. Is it too soon?
                  It is definitely not to soon. Your travel agent can request rates from the tour operators- it may take a few days, but they can get them. They may be an estimate, but most will try to compete with eachother a bit in hopes of getting your booking.

                  I am also surprised to hear that she is charging you $75 to talk to the resort? Maybe I am being naive, but I have not heard of that. I would ask what she actually does. My TA (and I think is pretty standard?) got in contact with the resort WC to request our wedding date- no problems. From there, we have contact with the WC directly to set up deposits and everything, but it is not that big of a deal- especially if you are using BDW as a resource!

                  Let us know how it goes.

                  #389 Laura22610

                  Laura22610
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 468 posts

                    Posted 05 October 2009 - 06:40 PM

                    Hi everyone! I am also getting married in 2010 - February 26th at Dreams Riviera Cancun. It sounds like everyone is definitely in the same boat :) I've also had people telling me that there are better prices, etc. I'm not (well, trying not to anyway) stressing about it though...if they make it, that's great, if they don't make it - they're the ones missing out on a great trip!

                    As far as the TA, we went through a travel agent and he seems to have the best deals as far as I have seen. We didn't have to pay him anything and he contacted the resort and the WC for us.

                    #390 thefuturemrslutz

                    thefuturemrslutz
                    • Member
                    • 821 posts

                      Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:11 PM

                      I am July or AUg 2010 and am using a TA for sure! I think it helps with weather, etc. And since I am looking at the middle of hurricane season, that is definitely necessary! Most TA's do not charge you, because they get paid a commission from the resort. I know DW.com charges $50, but it goes towards your vacation when you book it. (or so I have heard)




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users