Jump to content


2010 Brides

  • Please log in to reply
463 replies to this topic

#1 leogurl

  • Newbie
  • 66 posts

    Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:32 PM

    I wanted to start a thread specifically for 2010 brides who may be going through the same similar stresses and need someone to relate. So why not introduce yourself and we can all kind of support each other throughout the year. I know that I've been stressing a little since there isn't much info out there yet for 2010 packages, reservations, etc. I know it's a year away, but my friends and family are wanting to know information already.

    I've decided I want to have my wedding at Moon Palace, but I'm still deciding where I'd like to honeymoon. I think we'll be running into the spring break crowd pretty bad during our honeymoon, so possibly somewhere in the Riviera Maya.

    So what decisions have you finalized already and what decisions do you need help on?

    #2 a_bailly

    • Newbie
    • 14 posts

      Posted 03 February 2009 - 01:09 AM

      Hey - good to hear there is another fellow Portlander who is getting married in Cancun 2010!!! My tentative date is 2/11/10 and I'm going thru the same stuff with the wedding coordinators at the resorts. They say they can't book anything until 8-10 mos. in advance! Thats crazy I want to book everything right now! Anyway, I'm planning to have the ceremony & reception at the Marriott. When are you getting married?

      #3 leogurl

      • Newbie
      • 66 posts

        Posted 03 February 2009 - 02:32 AM

        Oh, that's so exciting that you're from Portland too. We're planning our wedding 3/6/10, just four weeks after yours. I was planning to get married at the Moon Palace, but I've been reading posts today about how much more expensive it is for guests, so now I'm thinking about researching some other places. What made you go with the Marriott?

        #4 Kamerrence

        • Newbie
        • 11 posts

          Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:43 AM

          Hello 2010 Brides!

          Thank goodness I am not alone!! I am SO stressing right now because I want to have the wedding ceremony of my dreams, but I dont want to put my guests in a financial bid. In addition there are so many resorts to pick from that it can be so confusing. I have not reserved a resort yet but I'm leaning towards the Barcelo Maya Palace and the Beach Palace. I'm glad to hear that I am not alone.

          So Leogurl, since the Moon Palace may be too much expensive for your guests, what are you going to do now?


          #5 misstrae76

          • Jr. Member
          • 217 posts

            Posted 03 February 2009 - 03:48 AM

            Isn't this frustrating! We would like our date for April 15 2010 but since the Riu Ocho Rios has no wedding packages till March we really can't do much in terms of confirmation on the date! I have my designs for my STD ready but need the ok from the resort before I order them. Its a little frustrating too because a lot of my guests are asking for prices on packages already. Im just hoping and crossing my fingers that packages will be out march!

            #6 CaraW

            • Jr. Member
            • 346 posts

              Posted 03 February 2009 - 11:14 AM

              We are also getting married in 2010. We are hoping for May 14, 2010. We are leaning toward the Barcelo Maya Palace. I'd love some confirmation but I guess we'll just have to wait. We have already ordered our Save The Dates actually, they should be here today. We've put 5/14/10 on the std's and if the date changes, it won't be changing by a lot. At least our guests will know when they need to save by. I wish it was happening in May of this year!!!

              #7 leogurl

              • Newbie
              • 66 posts

                Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:43 PM

                Kamerrence, the Moon Palace won't have their 2010 packages announced for a couple more weeks, so I'm just going to do research on other places for the time being, and if I can get a good deal on Moon Palace, then maybe I'll still have my wedding there. I really want to get married on the beach, and it sounds like MP's beach isn't really nice. I don't care so much about the horse drawn carriage, it sounds wonderful, but it's not a big deal for me. So, I guess if I can find another resort that has a nice beach for a wedding and is a reasonable price for my guests to save up, then I won't do Moon Palace.

                Has anyone had any experiences with a travel agent yet? I am supposed to be hearing from someone from this site. Maybe the TA will be able to help me find a more reasonable price with a beach wedding site.

                #8 Jenbear422

                • Newbie
                • 3 posts

                  Posted 03 February 2009 - 05:51 PM

                  Hello! Congrats to you all! Dave and I are also getting married in May 15th week 2010; we haven't selected a resort yet!

                  We've never been to Mexico, so all I can go buy is what I'm reading, and again I'm facing the same thing of bookings being done 10 months or less from the wedding date.

                  I hope we can all help each other!

                  #9 missdanelle

                  • Member
                  • 687 posts

                    Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:04 PM

                    Oh my gosh.. Im dealing with the same things! I cant wait to find out prices and send out my STD. Everyone is asking and It sucks that you cant tell them anything...People want prices!!
                    I thought I was doing myself & our guests a favor by changing the date (it was originally planned for Oct 09) but it seems that I'm back at square one! I have also reconsidered resorts and really have no idea what resort were getting married at anymore! I am so frustrated!!

                    #10 endlesslove

                    • Jr. Member
                    • 362 posts

                      Posted 03 February 2009 - 06:18 PM

                      We're getting married May 11, 2010. Luckily, for our resort the package pricing is the same and we can book now. We spoke with a TA and we can start booking in July. We're dead set on the date and place, so STD's will go out in June or July. I'll start making them in May.

                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users