Photo

To Veil or not to Veil...

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
  • 210 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:07 AM

I was totally against it too but when you go to the bridal shops to try on dresses you feel like a bride in just the dress but as soon as they add the veil it completes it.  I'm so torn.

Originally Posted by JetsettinBride 

At first, I was against wearing a veil but I thought to myself when will I ever have chance to wear a veil except on my wedding day.  I dont think I will wear it pulled over my face when I walk down the aisle. I'm thinking just pulled  back.

45 booked including Bride & Groom

#32 ssapper

ssapper
    • 182 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:20 AM

im going with a cathedral length veil.. at first i was unsure but then i realized im never going to have a chance to wear a veil again and im a sucker for the cathedral length veil + wind pictures... ill just be using a whole lot of bobby pins to try and keep the thing attached!!

#33 LandG

LandG
      • 152 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

I am using a cage veil!

#34 SS2012

SS2012
        • 180 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 08:18 AM

i couldnt agree more! i am not going with a veil, i just dont want it blowing in my face and its not something i've ever wanted. but i think those that want it should go for it! you only get this one chance, who cares if its on the beach :)

Originally Posted by ssapper 

im going with a cathedral length veil.. at first i was unsure but then i realized im never going to have a chance to wear a veil again and im a sucker for the cathedral length veil + wind pictures... ill just be using a whole lot of bobby pins to try and keep the thing attached!!

#35 susan1672

susan1672
          • Vendor
          • 231 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 11:11 AM

I agree. I'm not wearing a veil. There is enough to worry about already lol!

#36 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
            • 359 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

I love elbow length veils a little more. Was gonna do cathedral, but don't want anything in the way of my dress

#37 all the love

all the love
              • Site Supporter
              • 133 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:20 PM

I was originally a yes on the veil, but then I watched a video of a DW where it was windy and the veil was blowing in everyone's face as the bride walked down the aisle - I just feel it would be too distracting to me and dangerous to those around me. I got a feathery hair flower instead.

#38 nmw134

nmw134
                • 98 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:57 AM

I'm so conflicted on this as well, I love the look of just a head piece (flower, etc) but the veil is so traditional and really makes you feel like a bride I think.  So I'm still debating about what I'm going to do!

#39 canadiangirl

canadiangirl
                  • 1,252 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 07:34 AM

i dont know what to do either... originally i was doing with a side sweep for my hair and then incorporating flowers throughout ...but now im torn between that or a cage veil with a flower and feather. although its a destination wedding i think i still want my FI to move something out of the way to kiss me lol lol

i never really thought i would end up being so traditional, i just thought i  would go add a little and be done with it, and well now im adding all this traditional stuff. and its making my head spin!!!!

Two hands will join together on their special day and look at each other and say I DO on April 14 2012 in Montego Bay Jamaica

#40 RyGuysBride

RyGuysBride
                    • 150 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:38 AM

I couldn't agree more! At first I thought "no way" for the veil... but then I start getting all nostalgic that if I don't wear one I'll never get the chance again!

Originally Posted by canadiangirl 

i dont know what to do either... originally i was doing with a side sweep for my hair and then incorporating flowers throughout ...but now im torn between that or a cage veil with a flower and feather. although its a destination wedding i think i still want my FI to move something out of the way to kiss me lol lol

i never really thought i would end up being so traditional, i just thought i  would go add a little and be done with it, and well now im adding all this traditional stuff. and its making my head spin!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users