Sign in to follow this  
MaryS

I got my tonsils out

I just got my tonsils out on Monday and I just need to say that I am in the worst pain of my life. This sucks. I will say my doctor did prepare me well for the recovery pain. It feels like broken glass in my throat every time I swallow. And all I can have is chicken broth and popsicles. Not sure if it was worth it for the surgery. I guess will see how many times I get sick this year. But one good thing. I will be losing some weight just in time to look for more dresses =)

Ooh Mary, I feel for you! I get sick all the time and get tonsilitis every single time. I've been thinking about having my tonsils out, but have heard how much it hurts.

I feel for ya! The FI brought something home, he's been sick for a week, my mom was here, now she has bronchitis, and I feel like I'm swallowing razor blades also!!

I went to the Dr yesterday, she said it's not strep, its viral, and it has to run its course. It's course must be a 25K! Can it run faster please?

Oooh I so feel for you! I got mine out a few years ago and it was totally horrible! I was so cranky because of the pain and not eating. If you are taking pain killers with codine and not eatting I would advise that you make sure you still go the washroom. The doctor told me that the codine can have an affect of your body and I ended up in horrible pain after the 3 weeks because I didn't go!

On another note, I discovered that I could have potatoes that were really mashed with tons of gravy, it was so tasty after eating popsicles for over a week!

Best of luck to you and I hope you have a speedy recovery :)

Ugh I wish I could have mine taken out. I get infections literally every month. But here in my province unless you are dying they won't do the operation.

I hope you recover well. What a good excuse to eat lots of sorbet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryS View Post
I just got my tonsils out on Monday and I just need to say that I am in the worst pain of my life. This sucks. I will say my doctor did prepare me well for the recovery pain. It feels like broken glass in my throat every time I swallow. And all I can have is chicken broth and popsicles. Not sure if it was worth it for the surgery. I guess will see how many times I get sick this year. But one good thing. I will be losing some weight just in time to look for more dresses =)
I had mine taken out a few years ago, and it was the worst experience of my life. I lost 17 pounds because I couldn't eat anything, but popsicles. After a week you will start to feel better, but force yourself to eat real food (noodles are the easiest at first) even though it is painful. I was so weak from not eating, but the pain got better once I started to eat more.

Oh.. feel better soon!!!

I have never had mine out; but the dr keeps pushing me to do so bc I keep on getting sick. After hearing of your experience, I am going to keep holding off.

Get lots of rest and I hope that the pain alleviates soon!