Calling all November 2009 Brides!

• Please log in to reply
1805 replies to this topic

#1091 Tracy_S

• 268 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 06:49 PM

I like the way we did it, we sent out the invites in like Jan of this year, had an april deadline to put the deposit down for the wedding, and on Sept 14th the hotel deadline is due. We did land only through the travel agent, booked 6 flights with points, and bought the last 10 plane tickets ourselves. So we know exactly how many people are coming. Then they will just pay us before they get their tickets! Works out great! 18 in total coming! Its so perfect!

#1092 jmb0902

• 496 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:02 PM

Thanks for all the compliments girls!

I am SO annoyed too... my RSVP date was today, you wouldnt think so though! I still have people telling me they are looking, etc. I just want to know! OOT bag stuff is impossible to do like this!

#1093 Hoosierfan

• 341 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:02 PM

Hi guys - my rsvp date is Sept. 15th. I like the rsvps I'm getting back with guests where people weren't invited with guest. It doesn't make me mad as much as it just makes me laugh. Not everyone knows wedding etiquette, do they? I guess we are all too knowledgeable by now!
        http://www.whenismyw....a87ad6d9f7.gif Wedding Ticker from WhenIsMyWedding.com

#1094 Erika J

Erika J

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 8,569 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

Just had 2 more book. Yikes my budget is going down the tubes.

#1095 n&n112109

• 216 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:42 PM

I'm in the same boat...... I have so many people on the fence as well.... My Rsvp date is the 25th. I gave my guests an OCT 1st deadline to book their rooms through our link at the resort. The "real" deadline through the hotel is Oct 6th. I know my family is full of procrastinators so I thought I would give myself a buffer in case I get some last minute stragglers:)

#1096 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by Erika J
              Just had 2 more book. Yikes my budget is going down the tubes.
              Erika I totally feel you - we are 10 over budget and counting - eeekkk

#1097 Prettyhazardous

• 712 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:17 AM

Can I just say that I am soo pissed that my reception site just cleared a check we sent them in July. It didnt bounce or anything but the freaking check cleared on Sept 2 and the date on it was July 15. I asked could we just pay over the phone with a check card but they only wanted a check, but they held on to it for over a month. Thats so annoying. I had totally forgot ab it to be honest.

#1098 ~Keira~

• 1,338 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:32 AM

That is annoying. With all the wedding things you're having to pay for the last think you want is money just sitting there. If that happened to me I surely would have spent the money by now.
                  ~Keira~**formerly KLee147**

#1099 Jess

• 4,455 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:34 AM

yeah that sucks Ashley . ekk

#1100 NaM

• 2,256 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:20 PM

Ek that does suck. It might have something to do with their bank and having to clear a US check? I know internationally it takes some time sometimes. But still that is a bit ridiculous, I would've forgotten about it too!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users