Yikes! I'm in BIG trouble!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 02:47 AM

So, I'm starting to pack all of my wedding stuff and as I unload the closet I've been storing it in I'm realizing I HAVE ALOT OF STUFF! Holy crap, I have no idea how I'm going to pack everything. My FI is going to kill me! lol How I wish BDW had a phone tree so I could call all of you. You are the only ones who would understand. :)

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#2 ylopez87

• 26 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:00 AM

Try asking some family if they can take some things with them so you will not have so many checked bags. That may help a little but then again guys will never understand lol. Hope you find a solution and good luck.

#3 clmarti1

• 207 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:55 AM

Good luck! I agree with the earlier post, ask some family or your bridesmaids.

#4 JoLo908

• 889 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:02 AM

I am like forcing (in a nice way) my mom, brother, and dad to take some of our stuff... I'm so nice, right? But I am sure they will be willing to help, and so will your friends!

#5 KLC77

• 2,207 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:13 AM

Well, now I'm finding how much stuff I have very amusing! I just keep cracking up looking at all of it. I have managed to fit 90% of it in two suitcases. One is heavier than 50 lbs tho so I have to try to reorganize. I absolutely can not believe how much stuff I have. I totally thought that I didn't go overboard... oh well... I'm heading to Mexico in 3 days... I'm happy.

The original plan was to have just one medium sized suitcase for wedding stuff and a 2nd one for my clothes. Ha!

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#6 deefalvey

• 521 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 04:42 AM

Too funny! I feel for you. Our wedding is 7 months away and you should see how much stuff I am starting to accumulate! Have a great time and good luck w everything!
              Bill and DeannaJuly 24, 2009

#7 ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:26 AM

Divide and Conquer

I don't know what I would have done if the new 1 bag rules were in place! We each had 2 big bags - Me, DH, Mom, and Photog. I threw a few things in with bridesmaids and some shoes into DH's golf bag. That doesn't count us each having a carry on bag and my dress and DH's suit! I honestly felt like a pack mule!

If possible, see if you can upgrade to first class at the gate. You get 3 FREE checked bags, up to 70 pounds with most airlines. We did this on the way back(why I didn't think of it on the way down, I'll never know) and it was only $70! Worth every single penny!

#8 tylersgirl

• 1,681 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 11:56 AM

Hahaha that's too funny!!! Good luck with all of it! Divide! Divide! Divide!

#9 syl1115

• 789 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 12:21 PM

I had the same issue! I ended up with 4 suitcases full of wedding crap. We each (daughter, friend, DH and myself) had a suitcase with clothes and one with wedding stuff. Plus we each had a carry-on! I was afraid it all would not fit in the car when we left! LOL

Our wedding slideshowhttp://www.facebook.....=1047086342460

#10 YoursTruly

• 1,097 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

You always carck me up with your expressive comments or posts. I wish you well! I too will be in the same boat in a few months!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users