Sign in to follow this  
SunBride

vote for my bridesmaid dress

Okay ladies, my best friend is getting married this summer and I get to be a bridesmaid for the first time in my life.

She asked us to go for something knee length from the Dessy group collection in espresso. We each get to choose our own style. Here are my top choices. I could really use your help deciding

Dress 1 (Dessy 6513):

Click the image to open in full size.

I'm actually thinking of going without the sash though because they sell pretty much the exact same dress without the sash for 40$ less, that one is D409

I'd also get the skirt altered to be a little shorter and more straight not A-line (to look like how I'm holding the one below) as the style above makes me feel like I'm going to church.

Dress 2 (Dessy 2734)

Click the image to open in full size.

It's a full length dress but since she wants us to wear it short I just have the skirt folded up

is 2 a halter style? they are so similar thats the only obvious difference between the two.

i kind of like the halter idea, but i'm liking dress 1 w/o the sash best.

Yeah, I know, I liked dress 2 better too but it's quite a bit more expensive since it's long. Also one of my friends chose this one and I am a bit hesitant about looking like a copycat (even though I initially saw it online first she tried it on and chose it a week before me). We'll see what my hubby says and whether he thinks it's worth the extra 100$ to go with number 2!

Yes number 2 is halter. Dress one has rouching (sp?) at the chest but number 2 has larger rouching around the side of the waist, which is one of the things I really liked as it's very slimming.