Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#691 mrsgreene2011

mrsgreene2011
  • 307 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:44 PM

Your photos are beautiful; you look stunning. I am getting married there on November 11, 2011. I am so excited. How was Aunt Ruby's for the reception. I keep hearing it's nice, but no A/C?

Originally Posted by daifje 

Hello ladies:  I know I have been absent for a while but I have had a lot of catching up to do since we returned.  I posted my full review of our wedding earlier but I never got around to posting the pics.  Well here they are!!  THe link to the website is:

http://saab-weddings...862366741_oas9s 

the password is: JenDreW 

THese are the pics from our photographer.  He was amazing.  I highly recommend Michael Saab photgraphy.  If you have any questions feel free to ask.  I know that there are a lot of pics but you will get to see it all.  Our ceremony was at the lazy river and the reception was Aunt Ruby's

Happy Planning

#692 daifje

daifje
    • 53 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:22 AM

Aunt Ruby's is nice however it was really hot.  We were counting on the great ocean breeze to keep us cool but there was very little breeze.  Given that there was no AC we were hot.  Everyone was pretty drunk  so no one made a big deal about it.  It all depends on the weather that night!

Michael Saab is great!!

#693 breeze616

breeze616
      • 1,760 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by daifje 

Hello ladies:  I know I have been absent for a while but I have had a lot of catching up to do since we returned.  I posted my full review of our wedding earlier but I never got around to posting the pics.  Well here they are!!  THe link to the website is:

http://saab-weddings...862366741_oas9s 

the password is: JenDreW 

THese are the pics from our photographer.  He was amazing.  I highly recommend Michael Saab photgraphy.  If you have any questions feel free to ask.  I know that there are a lot of pics but you will get to see it all.  Our ceremony was at the lazy river and the reception was Aunt Ruby's

Happy Planning

Hi Jen! I never saw your review!! Where is it??

BTW - your pics are Awesome! I LOVE your Loubs! Is that the WC steaming your dress or did you bring a steamer?

#694 breeze616

breeze616
        • 1,760 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by breeze616 

Hi Jen! I never saw your review!! Where is it??

BTW - your pics are Awesome! I LOVE your Loubs! Is that the WC steaming your dress or did you bring a steamer?

Nevermind Hun - I found it in this thread :) Congrats again! :D

#695 Misee17

Misee17
          • 68 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:29 AM

Fantastic pics Jen! You looked wonderful! Your pics really do make me want to do Aunt Ruby's...even if it is hot. We'll have to see...

thanks for sharing!

Missy & Keith June 5, 2011
            Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

#696 allydem

allydem
            • 2 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

Is Nicole the only WC on this property

#697 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
              • 282 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 01:17 PM

She is the only one at the Suites....

#698 Tropical Love

Tropical Love
                • Site Supporter
                • 171 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 05:47 AM

Philly Gal,

your post are so informative. Would you please send me your pictures of your ceremony and reception please? I'm getting married Oct 2011 and are so anxious to get a start on planning. My email is yolanda621@hotmail.com

Thank you so much!

#699 Tropical Love

Tropical Love
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 171 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:16 AM

Does anyone know what the Port Maria serves at the Grand? Since I'm having more then 50 guests, that's my only option...I would love to have a sit down dinner, but the information that my WC sent me is contadictive. One part of the details sheet says "Port Maria Restaurant a la Carte Service 30 pple or more $55 per person (ontop of the rental fee $2000)," and then when you turn to the page that list the private dinner for the Port Maria it says "if your group is between 40 and 50 you can choose to have our plated menu, which attracts an additional service charge, or the buffet" & "If your group is over 50 you will have two choices for a buffet dinner." Am I to understand that I can have either a sit down or a buffet...and If I choose the sit down, I have to pay $55 per peron? I'm so confused!!! HELP 

Also, can anyone tell me what you decided to do for the bar situation? I was thinking it may be more affordable to bring my own bottles in and pay the $5 corkage fee per bottle instead of paying $10 per person. Is there a bar close to the Port Maria? ...close like 5 minutes away? I would hate for my friends have to take a trip/hike to get mixed drinks!

#700 Tropical Love

Tropical Love
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 171 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:30 AM

One More question. Does anyone know if you have to have your reception at the hotel you're staying at? I've been hearing so many great things about the steak restaurant at the Suites! Just curious

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users