Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!


  • Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#5521 allieplask

allieplask
  • Jr. Member
  • 177 posts

    Posted 10 November 2012 - 10:17 AM

    I'm curious about this too. I also remember reading somewhere that someone had tons of beers brought out to their bonfire by the hotel and the beer was kept on ice. Even if we could have that, and if people wanted liquor they could go to a bar to get it......

    We are looking at having a beach bonfire as our welcome party. I have been told the bonfires are right in front of the beach bar by the infinity pool. Does anyone know if we need to pay to get the national or international open bar or if the beach bar is close enough to walk a few steps and get a drink?


    wedding website: www.allienick.com


    #5522 Mo Bay Bride

    Mo Bay Bride
    • Newbie
    • 12 posts

      Posted 10 November 2012 - 12:45 PM

      Hey brides,

       

      I'm wondering if anyone had an issue with not having 90% of their guests staying at the iberostar. We are probably going to have around 80% of people staying at iberostar. Has anyone else encountered this and if so, what was done about it? I'm kinda freaking out about it...



      #5523 kfarkas26

      kfarkas26
      • Site Supporter
      • 209 posts

        Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:31 AM

        Originally Posted by Shauna253 

        We are looking at having a beach bonfire as our welcome party. I have been told the bonfires are right in front of the beach bar by the infinity pool. Does anyone know if we need to pay to get the national or international open bar or if the beach bar is close enough to walk a few steps and get a drink?

         

        Originally Posted by allieplask 

        I'm curious about this too. I also remember reading somewhere that someone had tons of beers brought out to their bonfire by the hotel and the beer was kept on ice. Even if we could have that, and if people wanted liquor they could go to a bar to get it......
         

        From what I experianced when I went in May to the suites the only bar that is open after 7pm  is the lobby bar and the blue moon music bar (beach bar/ pool baris closed at 7). So if people want alcohol they would have to go all the way there to get it... its not an unbearable walk but it is not ideal. Idk about the suites but at the grand i thought the open bar is included with the welcome party? Another option that I saw people doing when I was  there for the private beach parties was that they had a HUGE punch bowl set up with what I was assuming was rum punch, and people we drinking that, so that could also be an option as well!



        #5524 Jaciv2000

        Jaciv2000
        • Newbie
        • 40 posts

          Posted 11 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

          I have a question, hopefully someone knows! How long is the walk for the bridal party and the bride to walk for the ceremony to the beach at the suites?????? Trying to think of how long I need my entrance song to be :-)

          #5525 vbbbtk

          vbbbtk
          • Jr. Member
          • 300 posts

            Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

            Yes the bonfire is right next to the beach bar but the beach bar is closed when you would be having the bonfire.  I can not remember what time it closes but it is earlier in the evening

            Originally Posted by Shauna253 

            We are looking at having a beach bonfire as our welcome party. I have been told the bonfires are right in front of the beach bar by the infinity pool. Does anyone know if we need to pay to get the national or international open bar or if the beach bar is close enough to walk a few steps and get a drink?


            #5526 IslandBride201x

            IslandBride201x
            • Jr. Member
            • 237 posts

              Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:32 AM

              The pool/beach bar closes at 6pm.  So you would need to pay the open bar fee for them to open it for your bonfire event.  Good luck!
               


              Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
              Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
              Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica


              #5527 Laurarose

              Laurarose
              • Newbie
              • 1 posts

                Posted 12 November 2012 - 11:56 AM

                I am new here this is my first post so I hope it works haha, I joined just to answer you because I saw the prices you were getting and thought they were high myself. We are getting married January 26, 2013 at Rose Hall Suites and us and guests are paying $1628 all in to fly from Toronto for 7 nights....hope this encourages you to shop around, our travel agent is Marlin Travel if you want to contact them. Good luck



                #5528 Sjay

                Sjay
                • Jr. Member
                • 205 posts

                  Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:22 PM

                  Originally Posted by Mo Bay Bride 

                  Hey brides,

                   

                  I'm wondering if anyone had an issue with not having 90% of their guests staying at the iberostar. We are probably going to have around 80% of people staying at iberostar. Has anyone else encountered this and if so, what was done about it? I'm kinda freaking out about it...

                  Talk to your WC about it. They offered me a small degree of flexibility on that percentage when the Suites was suddenly fully booked and not all of my guests had booked. (I lucked out though, and rooms opened up and all got in but one who wanted the Grand.) If you still have guests who haven't booked accommodations, you'll have to explain to them why you need them to book the Iberostar. 



                  #5529 kfarkas26

                  kfarkas26
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 209 posts

                    Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

                    Originally Posted by Sjay 

                    Talk to your WC about it. They offered me a small degree of flexibility on that percentage when the Suites was suddenly fully booked and not all of my guests had booked. (I lucked out though, and rooms opened up and all got in but one who wanted the Grand.) If you still have guests who haven't booked accommodations, you'll have to explain to them why you need them to book the Iberostar. 

                    My cousin ran into this problem at her destination wedding in punta cana... she did something a little sneakier-- they met a few people who were on vacation down there and they became friendly with them during the course of the week... they then invited those people to the wedding in order to up their percentage of people who were staying at the resort... its pretty weird but the resort was going to deny them the wedding so it was their only option ... so you could always go that route if you are super desperate! :o



                    #5530 Sjay

                    Sjay
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 205 posts

                      Posted 13 November 2012 - 09:31 AM

                      Very creative! Even if you have to shell out more money per head, I guess it's worth it to ensure your wedding happens!

                      Originally Posted by kfarkas26 

                      My cousin ran into this problem at her destination wedding in punta cana... she did something a little sneakier-- they met a few people who were on vacation down there and they became friendly with them during the course of the week... they then invited those people to the wedding in order to up their percentage of people who were staying at the resort... its pretty weird but the resort was going to deny them the wedding so it was their only option ... so you could always go that route if you are super desperate! :o

                       

                      Originally Posted by Sjay 

                      Talk to your WC about it. They offered me a small degree of flexibility on that percentage when the Suites was suddenly fully booked and not all of my guests had booked. (I lucked out though, and rooms opened up and all got in but one who wanted the Grand.) If you still have guests who haven't booked accommodations, you'll have to explain to them why you need them to book the Iberostar. 






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users