Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#4121 Leah22

Leah22
  • 150 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:26 PM

A private reception is not free, it starts at $1750 for a group up to 50.  But when you add it all up, it still comes out to be cheaper than the Suites (including their price for a private reception which is $800).  My group will be over 30 so either way we would be required to have a private reception.  

But I just heard from a travel agent and I was quoted about $230 pp for the Grand and $170 pp for the Suites for June 2012 (for group rates, based on double occupancy).  What kind of rates has everyone else received for their group?

Originally Posted by beachbum21 

Is the private reception free at the Grand? It sounds like it would be a better deal - and then you and your hubby can enjoy the Grand :)

#4122 starrysim

starrysim
    • 349 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Kimberli1211 

So on another note, after looking at the final details page today, I am very frustrated. I think it is ridiculous that the WCs just change things at will. I've been planning a 3:00 lobby terrace wedding all along and according to this final details page, they don't allow terrace ceremonies until after 5:00!! This was not in the wedding details that I received or I would have been planning differently all along! Seriously, it's crap! Ugh!!!! I am trying to roll with it- I emailed them to ask if there's any wavering on this since the sun sets at 5:30 in the winter and I need to do pictures afterwards. And if I have to move to the beach, it's not the worst thing ever.... but then I wouldn't have spent $200 on shoes!!!! 

Noooo, I'm planning the same thing, 3 pm on the terrace. I'm at the Beach though.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#4123 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
      • 317 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

Wow that is a great rate! how many nights is that for?

Originally Posted by Leah22 

A private reception is not free, it starts at $1750 for a group up to 50.  But when you add it all up, it still comes out to be cheaper than the Suites (including their price for a private reception which is $800).  My group will be over 30 so either way we would be required to have a private reception.  

But I just heard from a travel agent and I was quoted about $230 pp for the Grand and $170 pp for the Suites for June 2012 (for group rates, based on double occupancy).  What kind of rates has everyone else received for their group? 

#4124 Leah22

Leah22
        • 150 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:35 PM

Wow that is a great rate! how many nights is that for?

That's per person, per night.

#4125 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
          • 210 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:46 AM

Ok so now you guys have me thinking, does anyone have information on the free weddings at the Grand?  Including the additional charges for the reception dinner?

Thanks!

45 booked including Bride & Groom

#4126 strelkam

strelkam
            • 22 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:15 AM

Hey Guys,

I'm getting married at the Suites on Dec 11, 2011.  Does anyone know anything about the DJ there?  Is it best to tell him what songs/music we want played or should we just come with a wedding playlist already created?  Any suggestions?

#4127 Kimberli1211

Kimberli1211
              • 237 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:33 AM

I heard back from Nicole at the Suites yesterday regarding my ceremony time- (the documents said I couldn't have the ceremony on the balcony until after 5pm, and I was planning on 3pm). She responded that 3pm was fine, and I could have it on the balcony as scheduled. Basically, the 'star friends' have something that they do at 4pm, and so they usually schedule weddings after that. So.... WHEW!!! 

On a side note, I'm having a marathon wedding planning/crafting weekend... woohooo! Lol. ;)

#4128 akamikey11

akamikey11
                • 203 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 08:10 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am home...so much to tell...so much to write about....had the BEST day of my life.

Here is one of the pics from my friend's camera.  I promise to get my review up with pics as soon as I can...I want to answer questions while everything is fresh in my head.

Mr and Mrs Middlebrook.jpeg

#4129 Kimberli1211

Kimberli1211
                  • 237 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:26 PM

Congrats! You look GORGEOUS!!! :)

Originally Posted by akamikey11 

Hi Everyone,

I am home...so much to tell...so much to write about....had the BEST day of my life.

Here is one of the pics from my friend's camera.  I promise to get my review up with pics as soon as I can...I want to answer questions while everything is fresh in my head.

#4130 Leah22

Leah22
                    • 150 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 09:52 PM

I just received a new quote from a different travel agent for $200 pp per night for the Grand and $168 for the Suites. Not sure about the Beach resort since no travel agent has been willing to give me their rates so far (they all seem to ignore my request when I ask for the rates at all 3 resorts). What kind of rates have others been quoted? I'm not sure if this is really amazing or a bad deal! At least it's better than the last quote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users