Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#4041 luvmoo

luvmoo
  • 503 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

Yayy!!! How exciting!! Congratulations!! Can't wait to see some pictures and to hear all about it!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by akamikey11 

Thank you for all the advice.  I am packed finally...list checked off...nails, toes, hair, eyebrows done.  Son packed...FI..well you know how that goes..hehe.  I leave in the morning.

SOOOOOO the biggest thing for me..my guest list went from 52 end of August...to 43 what I turned into the wedding coordinator.9/9/11   to 30 as of today...WTF...and the majority of the cancellations I found out about by accident...I did not get a call, email, text or nothing.

But that is ok...more money back in my pocket.

I have attached my wedding itinerary.

See you guys when I return.....:)

Attached Files

#4042 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
    • 237 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:46 AM

Congratulations!!!  Enjoy every minute.

Thank you for all the advice.  I am packed finally...list checked off...nails, toes, hair, eyebrows done.  Son packed...FI..well you know how that goes..hehe.  I leave in the morning.

SOOOOOO the biggest thing for me..my guest list went from 52 end of August...to 43 what I turned into the wedding coordinator.9/9/11   to 30 as of today...WTF...and the majority of the cancellations I found out about by accident...I did not get a call, email, text or nothing.

Attached Files

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
      Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
      Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#4043 susan1672

susan1672
      • Vendor
      • 231 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:55 AM

Congrats and best wishes! : )

Attached Files

#4044 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
        • 300 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:03 AM

Congrats!  I can't wait to hear how everything went! 

Quote:

Attached Files

#4045 JamaicaSukie

JamaicaSukie
          • 75 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:08 AM

Hey there.  I'm getting married 7/7/12 at the Suites.  I plan on having my guests come in that Thursday to Sunday.  To save money, I am using as much of the resorts included resources as possible so on Thursday we will host a welcome happy hour at one of the bars (not sure which one yet) and then have everyone head over to the beach party.  On Friday we will host a rehearsal dinner (at Ruby's if possible) and then have a bachelor/bachelorette party afterwards (maybe Margaritaville or something).  The day of the wedding, we would like to have dinner at Calabash and then a 2 hour DJ/bonfire dance reception on the beach.  Basically, we are saving all of the "extras" for the actual wedding day and saving money on events beforehand by using what the hotel offers (and what you and your guests already paid for).

Originally Posted by susan1672 

Is anyone else having a Welcome Party for their guests? I think most of mine will be arriving Thursday and there is actually a really fun beach party at the Beach property that takes place on Thursday nights so I might just try to save money and tell everyone to go there. Also, is anyone having anything after the rehearsal dinner? I can't decide if I want to have a bonfire and dj or reggae band and party the night before my wedding or try to rest up for the next day!? Decisions, decisions!  

Marrying the love of my life in Jamaica on 7/7/12 and have 11 people booked so far!!

#4046 JamaicaSukie

JamaicaSukie
            • 75 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:12 AM

Is that typically how long it takes?  For this reason, FI and I are considering getting married stateside first, but it kills me to do that.  If people are paying all that money to come to a destination wedding, I want them to witness a wedding, not a vow renewal.

Originally Posted by wendyjd 

Hi all!! I've been away for a while but wanted to let you know that I finally received my official wedding license.  It only took 11+ months and numerous calls to IRHS but it arrived yesterday!! 

Good luck with your planning!! Enjoy it because it will be over before you know it.

Marrying the love of my life in Jamaica on 7/7/12 and have 11 people booked so far!!

#4047 eholt

eholt
              • 528 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:33 AM

I had my license in about 5 weeks.  It cause no issues for me as I still havent fully transitioned on the name change. :/

Originally Posted by JamaicaSukie 

Is that typically how long it takes?  For this reason, FI and I are considering getting married stateside first, but it kills me to do that.  If people are paying all that money to come to a destination wedding, I want them to witness a wedding, not a vow renewal.

May 19, 2011
                Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
                Montego Bay, Jamaica
                http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#4048 JamaicaSukie

JamaicaSukie
                • 75 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 06:16 AM

That's a relief.  Did you do anything specific to make sure you got your license in a timely fashion?

Originally Posted by eholt 

I had my license in about 5 weeks.  It cause no issues for me as I still havent fully transitioned on the name change. :/

#4049 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
                  • 995 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:50 AM

where did you hear that there was a beach party on thursday nights?  i was told differently and my wedding is scheduled at the beach....

we're doing a welcome dinner...basically the whole group is meeting in the lobby bar for drinks then heading to the japanese restaurant for dinner.

R~

Originally Posted by susan1672 

Is anyone else having a Welcome Party for their guests? I think most of mine will be arriving Thursday and there is actually a really fun beach party at the Beach property that takes place on Thursday nights so I might just try to save money and tell everyone to go there. Also, is anyone having anything after the rehearsal dinner? I can't decide if I want to have a bonfire and dj or reggae band and party the night before my wedding or try to rest up for the next day!? Decisions, decisions!  

#4050 Bruuning17

Bruuning17
                    • 173 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:58 AM

Hi everyone,  My fiance and I are officially booked to have our wedding at the Suites on 6/17/2013!!!  Any other Iberostar brides for 2013 yet?? :)  I'm so happy to be joining this fun group of ladies!! 

Back to Jamaica Accommodations & Site

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users