Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Despite inconsistent reports on quality we decided to book the resort DJ. Our "reception" is going to be a bonfire for roughly an hour and a half before hitting the disco. Hiring an outside DJ for such a short amount of time would be very pricey when you factor in all the fees. We sent a handful of suggested songs and asked that he mix those with some "local flavour".

Originally Posted by sunshine2413 View Post

Hey Ladies...

Just wondering what you all are doing for music during the reception. Are you hiring an outside DJ? If so, who and how much? I am trying to buckle down and get all my vendors in line.

Thanks!!

i'd love that!

i just PM'd you with my details...i look forward to meeting.

R~

Originally Posted by ashaun View Post

Our group is traveling the same time frame!  My FI and I are leaving on Sunday and going to Secrets for a few days (wish we would've booked at the Grand those extra days but oh well).  I am still trying to wrap things up.  Terrible I know.  I would love to meet up and say Hi if you are down.

When I was there a few weeks ago, the Beach resort had a beach party of their own on Thursday (of course Grand and Suites guests could attend too) and the Suites resort had their beach party on Saturday night (of course for Grand and Suite guests only) and I believe the Grand had their beach party on Sunday night. See the following pic for the activities lineup:

DSCF1830.JPG

Originally Posted by IslandBride201x View Post

Do we know if the Beach resort has their own 'beach party', or is it just one big 'beach party' for all 3 properties?  Maybe that is where the confusion is.  The Suites 'beach party' is currently happening Thursday nights.  Maybe the Beach resort's 'beach party' is another night.  Just a thought as to why you where told something different.  Not surprised there are inconsistent answers, but not sure what the right answer is... :)

Sorry for the late replies, life has been hectic (of course).

Originally Posted by IslandBride201x View Post

If you get any feedback on the $20 centerpieces from them, I would love to hear about it.  I was just going to use my bridesmaid bouquets as my table centerpieces, but that $20 price would make things easier and the orchids in a vase filled with water would be exactly what I would want anyway.  I hope you get a response soon.  :)

Thanks! 

They originally quoted me $40 for a glass cylinder w/ orchids and river stones. I asked for a cheaper alternative, and they came back with a quote for $30 for something similar. I'm sure that if you pressed, they could come up with one for $20.  It helps if you're not picky. lol

Originally Posted by scraver25 View Post

There is no way you can do inexpensive with Tai.  They do beautiful stuff but you pay for it.  I was quoted $180 for bridesmaids green cymbdium orchids, $30 for bouts, and the huppa with flowers on each corner $650.  I almost had a heart attack when I saw the full quote with everything I wanted originally.  Hope this helps.

My quotes from Tai are significantly less than this.  In particular, my arch flower arrangement is $85.  I'm not being demanding though, maybe you asked for rare flowers or something elaborate?  $650 for flowers for the arch sounds off.

I didn't know about the $150 set-up fee or whatever it is.  Not happy.

Good Question! i am also having the steel pans for the ceremony, and the champagne etc.. following the ceremony.. I have emailed the wedding coordinator to inquire about what songs the steel pans normally play during the bride and wedding party walking down the aisle etc.. so i will let you know if they come back with anything helpful :)

Originally Posted by starrysim View Post

We're considering having the steel pans band play Pachelbel Canon live for my walk down the isle or as we exit, since we'll have them there for the champagne and cake following the ceremony.  Has anyone done this, can it be done?

hi, susan!

was this beach party during the day or at night?  was it a bonfire??  i don't recall a beach party at night when i visited last year but hey, things might've changed plus the WC said the beach bbq was another day..maybe she's getting hung up on the 'naming' of it...beach party vs. beach bbq...

please help..i leave in under 2 weeks and i'm so utterly frustrated with the WC and her lack of good info i could just scream!  stupid.gif

ugh?!?

R~

Originally Posted by susan1672 View Post

When I was there a few weeks ago, the Beach resort had a beach party of their own on Thursday (of course Grand and Suites guests could attend too) and the Suites resort had their beach party on Saturday night (of course for Grand and Suite guests only) and I believe the Grand had their beach party on Sunday night. See the following pic for the activities lineup:

DSCF1830.JPG

Wow! That's crazy how so many people cancelled! But your right more $$$ back in your pocket and they will be the ones missing out and wishing after the fact that they went to your fabulous wedding! Enjoy your wedding with all your friends and family! May it be the best time of your life!!!! :-)

Oh and thanks a bunch for attaching your itinerary. 

Originally Posted by akamikey11 View Post

Thank you for all the advice.  I am packed finally...list checked off...nails, toes, hair, eyebrows done.  Son packed...FI..well you know how that goes..hehe.  I leave in the morning.

SOOOOOO the biggest thing for me..my guest list went from 52 end of August...to 43 what I turned into the wedding coordinator.9/9/11   to 30 as of today...WTF...and the majority of the cancellations I found out about by accident...I did not get a call, email, text or nothing.

But that is ok...more money back in my pocket.

I have attached my wedding itinerary.

See you guys when I return.....:)

C&M Welcome Letter.doc

haven't read the next cpl pages since your post yet but in case no one has answered your question yet.... I believe more women end up choosing the Beach for the wedding because it is cheaper to stay at the Beach property for the guests. If you have your wedding at the Suites and people stay at the Beach you or they will have to pay a for a day pass in order for them to come onto the Suites property. Hope that helps.  

Originally Posted by rachelswedding View Post

Hi there!  What is the main difference between the beach and suite weddings on the beach?  I am debating on where to have my wedding and it's between these 2 choices.  Why is the beach so much better than the suites?  Thanks for your help!  :)

I hear ya!!!!! The WC alwys responds to me within a day or two.. however unless you know exactly which questions to ask for details on things, they are not forthcoming on all of the information! so thank goodness for this message board, or i would be 130% CLUELESS!!!!! as the only real good info i have gotten from the WC was in response to the questions i ask her. If they made a complete information booklet... that would be so helpful.. instead of a couple page document with a few tidbits of info.. 

*sigh* oh well .. thank goodness we all share our info and can help inform eachother!! :)

Originally Posted by alamobride View Post

hi, susan!

was this beach party during the day or at night?  was it a bonfire??  i don't recall a beach party at night when i visited last year but hey, things might've changed plus the WC said the beach bbq was another day..maybe she's getting hung up on the 'naming' of it...beach party vs. beach bbq...

please help..i leave in under 2 weeks and i'm so utterly frustrated with the WC and her lack of good info i could just scream!  stupid.gif

ugh?!?

R~