Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!


  • Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#3401 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
  • Member
  • 995 posts

    Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:15 AM

    i don't know about the whole bringing your own booze out to the bonfire but i will tell you this..if you tip, i suspect they'll stick around..PLUS..the bar isn't that far from the beach..so if you chose to do the bonfire for an hour and then wanted to finish the party at the bar..i'm sure that would be acceptable and fun!

     

    might also save you from being eaten alive by mosquitos.  just my thoughts.

     

    happy planning!!!

     

    R~



    #3402 vbbbtk

    vbbbtk
    • Jr. Member
    • 300 posts

      Posted 13 July 2011 - 12:35 PM

      futuremrstgun,

       

      You bring up a great point.  Did anyone have issues with bugs/mosquitos?  and if so what time of year and time of day.  Might be something to think about to prepare for



       

      Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

      i don't know about the whole bringing your own booze out to the bonfire but i will tell you this..if you tip, i suspect they'll stick around..PLUS..the bar isn't that far from the beach..so if you chose to do the bonfire for an hour and then wanted to finish the party at the bar..i'm sure that would be acceptable and fun!

       

      might also save you from being eaten alive by mosquitos.  just my thoughts.

       

      happy planning!!!

       

      R~



       



      #3403 bruceg05

      bruceg05
      • Site Supporter
      • 67 posts

        Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:18 PM

        I'm just posting an FYI to all the Iberostar brides about the florist.  Silvia from the wedding department at the beach just e-mailed me.  I asked if we could use another florist and she said no.  This is her e-mail:

        "Unfortunately we work exclusively with Tai Flora. No florist vendors accepted. But I am sure that if you get in contact with Jodi Ann from Tai Flora, you will get more assistance and in your budget."  

        This was just to get bulk flowers dropped off at the hotel too.  I wanted to hand make my bouquets with my bridesmaid who is a horticulturist and does floral arrangements.  Am I the only one who has gotten this answer?  I would triple check with the coordinator if you've booked other florists, because I am not sure if they are allowing certain people to do it or not.
         



        #3404 ashaun

        ashaun
        • Newbie
        • 54 posts

          Posted 13 July 2011 - 03:10 PM


          I mailed my deposit to her daughter with no problems.  She emailed me the day it was received to confirm.
           

          Originally Posted by meeshamillz 

          She told me to mail a money order to her daughter here in the states...I think she is in New York. That was about a month ago and I have not done it yet. She may have changed the way she collects the deposit. I have only heard great things about Marcia and her service so I would not be worried. I also had to western union my deposit to my makeup artist. In my planning I have found that Jamaicans are laid back and slow motion and arent always as high tech as us. I am not saying trust them all but I do trust these two :) 
           



           



           



          #3405 Jamaica2012

          Jamaica2012
          • Jr. Member
          • 176 posts

            Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:14 PM

            Hi ladies, so I need some advise.

            Pictures and a video are pretty important to me. With that being said I'm trying to keep my budget as low as possible.  I have an aunt and good friend of mine who will be going to the wedding and they both have said that they will take lots of pics for me.  My question is should I just have them take pics and hire someone to do the video or should I hire out both? I was wanting to keep the pics and video budget under $1000, is this even possible? And does anyone know how Digipix works their packages?

            Thanks for any advise in advance!

             


            4.27.2012 @ Iberostar Rose Hall Beach ~ Montego Bay


            #3406 luvmoo

            luvmoo
            • Member
            • 503 posts

              Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:29 PM

              I am in a similar boat to you, and i have a friend who is taking a video, and a few others who have commited to taking lots of pictures.. so having said that, i have decided to go with Digipix for the rest of the photos.. I contacted digipix directly on getting them to send me a portfolio.. and they sent me examples of photos they took at the iberostars.. and i feel that they did a decent job..  As for their packages there is a sheet they have.. ex: 50 pictures for x amount.. or 20 pictures for.. If you didn't get that sheet in your info package, then contact the WC and they will send it to you  :)

              Hope that helps. 


               

              Originally Posted by Jamaica2012 

              Hi ladies, so I need some advise.

              Pictures and a video are pretty important to me. With that being said I'm trying to keep my budget as low as possible.  I have an aunt and good friend of mine who will be going to the wedding and they both have said that they will take lots of pics for me.  My question is should I just have them take pics and hire someone to do the video or should I hire out both? I was wanting to keep the pics and video budget under $1000, is this even possible? And does anyone know how Digipix works their packages?

              Thanks for any advise in advance!

               



               



              #3407 Islandgirl910

              Islandgirl910
              • Member
              • 594 posts

                Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:32 PM


                 I think you should definitely hire a photographer and a videographer because after the wedding is over, food is eaten and guests go home all you have left are your pictures. I know you wouldn't want to be disappointed with pictures that don't display just how beautiful your day truly was. If anything get in contact with Marcia Roberts. Her packages are very reasonable and she also provides video. Don't settle for regular pics from family, get pictures that you deserve from a professional girlie.

                Originally Posted by Jamaica2012 

                Hi ladies, so I need some advise.

                Pictures and a video are pretty important to me. With that being said I'm trying to keep my budget as low as possible.  I have an aunt and good friend of mine who will be going to the wedding and they both have said that they will take lots of pics for me.  My question is should I just have them take pics and hire someone to do the video or should I hire out both? I was wanting to keep the pics and video budget under $1000, is this even possible? And does anyone know how Digipix works their packages?

                Thanks for any advise in advance!

                 



                 



                #3408 AngelaGrace

                AngelaGrace
                • Newbie
                • 9 posts

                  Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:08 PM

                  Hey all,

                   

                  So I am leaving for my wedding on Tuesday. We are not using Tia Floral for our flowers. I bought a bunch of silk flower stems from Hobby Lobby and Michael's and am putting my bouquet/bridesmaids bouquets/boutonieeres together this weekend.

                   

                  I didn't even ask the resort to see if this was okay. Is this okay to bring in my own silk flowers to use for bouquets??? I just can't see spending 600-700 dollars on 7 bridesmaids and 6 groomsman flowers.

                   

                  Help!

                   

                  Angela

                   

                  July 23, 2011

                  Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

                  49 guests + bride and groom booked!



                  #3409 bruceg05

                  bruceg05
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 67 posts

                    Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:44 PM


                    I think that would be completely fine.  I was looking at getting an actual different florist.  If you think about it, they have control of who has access to the resorts so they can control that.  If you bring your own silk flowers, they can't really do much.  I wanted to get bulk flowers and knew that Tai Flora would charge me up the wazoo.  I love flowers and all, but I can't stomach paying 50-60 bucks in Jamaica or the states on a bouquet for something that's going to die.

                    Originally Posted by AngelaGrace 

                    Hey all,

                     

                    So I am leaving for my wedding on Tuesday. We are not using Tia Floral for our flowers. I bought a bunch of silk flower stems from Hobby Lobby and Michael's and am putting my bouquet/bridesmaids bouquets/boutonieeres together this weekend.

                     

                    I didn't even ask the resort to see if this was okay. Is this okay to bring in my own silk flowers to use for bouquets??? I just can't see spending 600-700 dollars on 7 bridesmaids and 6 groomsman flowers.

                     

                    Help!

                     

                    Angela

                     

                    July 23, 2011

                    Iberostar Rose Hall Beach

                    49 guests + bride and groom booked!



                     



                    #3410 bruceg05

                    bruceg05
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 67 posts

                      Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:45 PM

                      Also, I would e-mail her if you are really concerned.  I put something like "could you get back to me ASAP" in my signature and she got back to me in less than 6 hours.
                       

                      Originally Posted by bruceg05 


                      I think that would be completely fine.  I was looking at getting an actual different florist.  If you think about it, they have control of who has access to the resorts so they can control that.  If you bring your own silk flowers, they can't really do much.  I wanted to get bulk flowers and knew that Tai Flora would charge me up the wazoo.  I love flowers and all, but I can't stomach paying 50-60 bucks in Jamaica or the states on a bouquet for something that's going to die.



                       



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users