Photo

Pocket sized Spanish for dummies at Target!

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#31 deefalvey

deefalvey
  • 521 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 12:57 AM

I picked up 33 during lunch today - bought every one they had! I'll go to the other one by my office tomorrow and pick up whatever they have. I only need 50, I'm willing to sell the rest to whoever needs them. I'll let you know how I do.
    Bill and DeannaJuly 24, 2009

#32 nicoleandscott

nicoleandscott
    • 397 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 01:58 AM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Andi
      ok soooo I was back at Target today and exchanged the daily spanish ones for the spanish phrases. I think the phrases will be more beneficial

yep, I the cashier I had thought I was crazy too! Especially when I returned 15 daily spanish books for 15 phrases books.... I thought it was kind of comical!
      that is TOO funny! two of my BM's were with me when i found them, and i got REALLLLLLY excited...i'm pretty sure they thought i was insane. they did help me pick out 10 "daily spanish" then when one of them found the "spanish phrases" they helped me pick out another 10....haha i was ridiculously excited because i was going to make a book and now i don't have to! :)

#33 Marianna

Marianna
      • 111 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:01 AM

soooo... three targets down and no luck. if anyone has any left over or extra please let me know. i need roughly 30 of the phrase ones! i will pay you paypal right away and cover all the shipping expense.

thanks ladies! i'll keep my fingers crossed.

#34 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
        • 382 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:19 PM

[QUOTE=Andi;638437]ok soooo I was back at Target today and exchanged the daily spanish ones for the spanish phrases. I think the phrases will be more beneficial

3 Targets?! how many did you have to buy?

**I actually only had to get 30. One target had 15, one had none and the other had 16.

**I will check other targets near my house to see if I can find any extra, if I do I will let everyone know.

#35 Andi

Andi

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 3,490 posts

Posted 30 December 2008 - 07:51 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Marianna
            soooo... three targets down and no luck. if anyone has any left over or extra please let me know. i need roughly 30 of the phrase ones! i will pay you paypal right away and cover all the shipping expense.

thanks ladies! i'll keep my fingers crossed.
            Marianna, sorry I didn't respond to your PM yesterday....I actually have to run by target tonight...if I see more I will pick up 30 phrase ones for you...I will let you know later tonight what I find!

Kathy, I know you need about 60 too...I will see what the Target has by my house girls!

#36 jhawkev

jhawkev
            • 124 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:09 PM

So I looked like a crazy person at Target today..... I've been really sick and I couldn't even move out of bed yesterday....but I really wanted the books!! So I tried to make myself presentable, went to Target, made a beeline for the $1 section and proceeded to dig throught the bins for about 30 minutes. They had all the books mixed together (cocktails, digital cameras, ipods, etc. for dummies). So it was quite a process but I bought all of them :)

And it was really funny because I was in the check out and the place was a Madhouse, long lines everywhere so the people behind me in line were excited because they didn't think I had much in my cart until I started putting all my $1 books on the counter. I looked crazy.

#37 Corvette79

Corvette79
              • 200 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 04:53 AM

Ladies, someone is selling some of these books on eBay if you need it

#38 ACA Amy

ACA Amy
                • 88 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 03:55 AM

After searching at 4 different Targets, I finally found them! I bought everything they had in case people here still needed them- I have 55 of the Daily Spanish versions that I will sell if anyone still needs them! Let me know if you're interested. They aren't the Spanish Phrases one, but they're still good!

#39 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
                  • 672 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:26 PM

I got these yesterday! They had tons! Thanks....wish they had them 2 weeks ago since I just returned from my site visit...oh well, thrilled they had them now. Thanks for the heads up as I have stopped "stalking" the $1 section as my OOT's are already in MEx.

#40 dc22173

dc22173
                    • 240 posts

Posted 02 January 2009 - 01:49 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by ACA Amy
                      After searching at 4 different Targets, I finally found them! I bought everything they had in case people here still needed them- I have 55 of the Daily Spanish versions that I will sell if anyone still needs them! Let me know if you're interested. They aren't the Spanish Phrases one, but they're still good!

I am going to check my local target today but if I can not find them would you be able to spare 10 of them?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users