Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
lmdels

HELP Grand Palladium Brides!!!!

Recommended Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SexyLittleCaboBride2010 View Post
I have booked the GP for our wedding on Nov 11/2010! After going back amd forth between Cabo and Jamaica, we decided we really prefer the vibe, music, culture, people of Jamaica. It is where our heart was telling us to go. Thanks for all the great tips and info. :)
We are getting married on the 17th of November at the GP. Originally we were only expecting around 30 - 35 guests but the number is now over 50 with more people expressing interest. Due to the extra charges for the ceremony and reception we have started looking into offsite options. The resort looks amazing and we are looking forward to a great week.

We just might see you there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, I forgot to tell everybody, I got my marriage license in about 4 weeks. Way shorter time than I expected, and it's actually a pretty document.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ladies. I have a question for all previous GPJ brides. I would like to do a Meet-N-Greet event, including a game (ie Amazing Race). The event would take place on Friday. So my questions are:

 

(1) I was told there is a BBQ outside each Friday. Is this still the case and would it be possible to reserve tables so everyone could eat together after the race?

 

(2) If there isn't a BBQ, any suggestions on a spot to begin/end the race? I believe I will have 35-40 ppl there.

 

(3) List of anything that everyone was looking for at the resort but couldn't find (or hard to find).

 

(4) I was thinking if no BBQ type style event for Fri, we could meet at the Sports Bar for dinner/drinks/etc. What do you think?

 

 

Thanks for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
I think it was $70 - make sure they get the "event pass" that covers the entire time - they have one for days and one for nights but the "event pass" covers the day and night.
That's great!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseykitten View Post
I think it was $70 - make sure they get the "event pass" that covers the entire time - they have one for days and one for nights but the "event pass" covers the day and night.
Nina (WC) also told me they have two different event passes depending on your age. $70 for adults and $35 for anyone 12 years old or younger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffandmarv View Post
Nina (WC) also told me they have two different event passes depending on your age. $70 for adults and $35 for anyone 12 years old or younger.
Excellent - thanks for letting me know. I will definitely be putting that info on my website :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from Grand Palladium (7 days for pre-wedding, wedding, post wedding) then Honeymooned at Couples in Negril for 4 nights and Rockhouse for 4 nights. Responses to earlier questions:

1)Yes there is the beach bar-b-q on Friday; I did not go but based on my experience, no I do not think you will be able to reserve tables- it may be work asking the WC if tables could be set up above the bar,there are tables and chairs there but not sure about fitting 35 comfortably.

2)There are many options to start/end the race...depending on the time, there is a beach grill for grilled burgers for lunch, a water sports area, one of the smaller pools (there are 2) would be a good place to start or end as people waiting could have drinks but it is seculded enough where it would be easy to find everyone

3) Hard to find items...not sure...the time (no one wears a watch) & everyone in our group-lol. Definitely a lot harder than we thought to reach people (there is not voice mail in the rooms)...but bring a lot of suscreen, it was $18 per bottle. I would fill out the wedding coordinator form and request everyone in the same building, we ended up with all but 4 rooms (35 people attended) in 2 adjacent buildings.

4) Food at sports bar...was more bar food style items, not the best for a full dinner. I had the WC get a reseration for 35 at the buffet at no charge so this may also be an option for you.

Hope that helps...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note for Pricing on rooms GP for Guests. The travel groups definitely had less expensive rates than going through the fiesta resort site. We used Vacation Store Miami and rates were about 89 per person per night for a double occupancy room and about 20 more a night for a suite...(Grand Palladium Jamaica – Palladium Jamaica Resorts & Spa – Grand Palladium) This helped reduce the costs for rooms (not any less on flights, so everyone booked through the airline directly) and enabled more people to attend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by elyse918 View Post
Just got back from Grand Palladium (7 days for pre-wedding, wedding, post wedding) then Honeymooned at Couples in Negril for 4 nights and Rockhouse for 4 nights. Responses to earlier questions:
1)Yes there is the beach bar-b-q on Friday; I did not go but based on my experience, no I do not think you will be able to reserve tables- it may be work asking the WC if tables could be set up above the bar,there are tables and chairs there but not sure about fitting 35 comfortably.
2)There are many options to start/end the race...depending on the time, there is a beach grill for grilled burgers for lunch, a water sports area, one of the smaller pools (there are 2) would be a good place to start or end as people waiting could have drinks but it is seculded enough where it would be easy to find everyone
3) Hard to find items...not sure...the time (no one wears a watch) & everyone in our group-lol. Definitely a lot harder than we thought to reach people (there is not voice mail in the rooms)...but bring a lot of suscreen, it was $18 per bottle. I would fill out the wedding coordinator form and request everyone in the same building, we ended up with all but 4 rooms (35 people attended) in 2 adjacent buildings.
4) Food at sports bar...was more bar food style items, not the best for a full dinner. I had the WC get a reseration for 35 at the buffet at no charge so this may also be an option for you.
Hope that helps...
Thanks for this info, I found it helpful. I too will be marrying at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton and honeymooning at Couples Negril

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×