Fake Rose Petals

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Jill

Jill
  • 113 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:09 PM

Hey Girls

I am using Tai Flora for my flowers but I want to bring down fake rose petals for the Aisle as I think it would be cheaper that way... does anyone know where a good place to get rose petals are?? I am in Toronto area!
    Thanks

#2 ~*Kathy*~

~*Kathy*~
    • 5,649 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:10 PM

I got some faux rose petals for a coffee table centerpiece from Ikea about two years ago. They had some reddish-pink petals, dusty rose petals, and orangey-yellow petals.

Hope this helps! :)

#3 2bebridejamaica

2bebridejamaica
      • 1,206 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:17 PM

I think it's a great idea, but check with the resort first that it is ok to have silk petals with the wind and dependant on your location, you might also have an eco-friendly resort which doesn't use anything but real......I found out we would be able to use them at our resort, but some do not allow, in the end I did not end up using my silks for the isle as we had a hurricane.... I did use them for the cocktail hr and reception though.

#4 jmiranda

jmiranda
        • 697 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:24 PM

I know that walmart has them I just dont know the price.

#5 chicklet

chicklet
          • 718 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 02:30 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Jill
            Hey Girls

I am using Tai Flora for my flowers but I want to bring down fake rose petals for the Aisle as I think it would be cheaper that way... does anyone know where a good place to get rose petals are?? I am in Toronto area!
            Thanks
            Michael's has them too. Do you know the price at the resort at all? this is something I haven't heard about yet.

#6 Ellipse22

Ellipse22
            • 584 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 04:28 PM

Depending on the weather..I had fake rose petals and they blew away before I even got there. I gave them to Chandlyn and she said "no problem" ;-)

#7 panther

panther
              • 84 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 05:42 PM

I think I saw somewhere you can buy a bag of rose petals for about $10.

#8 jmiranda

jmiranda
                • 697 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 10:13 PM

I just came across this website Wedding Photo Albums - Tussy Mussy - Ring Bearer Pillows - Flower Girl Baskets - WeddingDepot.com they have silk rose petals in pink, red, white, cream and yellow for $6.75 theres about 100 petals in a bag.

I hope this helps

#9 amagee

amagee
                  • 129 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 10:03 AM

I bought mine at Michael's and they were $20.00, that gives me tons for the flower girl to throw. The ones at ROR ar $40.00 for the rose petals, which I thought was crazy!

#10 chicklet

chicklet
                    • 718 posts

Posted 03 December 2008 - 07:37 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by amagee
                      I bought mine at Michael's and they were $20.00, that gives me tons for the flower girl to throw. The ones at ROR ar $40.00 for the rose petals, which I thought was crazy!
                      That is crazy! I think I will buy my own too. I wonder how big the bag is at ROR?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users