Originally Posted by aeluzu
Wow I have less than two months until my wedding date. It is so close, I can almost feel the sand between my toes! I got an email from Yamina today stating that we need to decide on cake, menu, flowers and decor at least one month before the wedding starts. I'm having a few issues and I'll be asking Yamina as well, but I thought I'd check with the wealth of knowledge available on this site.
1. She sent us a bunch of options for cake style but nothing about flavors. Does anyone have cake flavor info to share?
2. I'm having a lot of trouble deciding on flowers and decor based on the photos. For brides that have already been married here or have already made these decisions, did you pick straight from the options she gave or did you send her ideas of your own?
3. For the gold menu options there are two entrees listed per menu. Am I to understand that each guest receives two entrees or is this an either/or sort of deal?
Any tips from brides who have already made these choices would be greatly appreciated!
1. We had two layers of chocolate and vanilla with strawberries. The vanilla with strawberries layer was amazing...far better than the chocolate.
2. I chose the table flowers from the options given, however I sent her a picture of my bouquet and she had it made for me. It was perfect and exactly as I wanted.
3. Do you mean there are two items within one entree listed? For example: Grilled pork loin with fine herbs crusted sea bass with pasilla sauce? If so, they come on the same plate.
Feel free to hit me up if you have any other questions.