Jump to content

Photo

Excellence Playa Mujeres Brides Post Here!


  • Please log in to reply
2901 replies to this topic

#1451 lciz

lciz
  • Newbie
  • 75 posts

    Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

    Without a doubt I would pick Excellence again! We just tend to vent because a destination wedding is tough regardless where you are having it, this forum is just an excellent way for us all to get our frustrations out and move forward. We also all help one another out when we are in limbo waiting to hear back from our wedding coordinator.  Still though, our worries and stresses are so incredibly low compared to my friends getting married state side and my other friends having destination weddings. I still think that in the end we all have it made with our Excellence choice! I haven’t doubted my decision ever, I just get frustrated sometimes, which is completely normal given what we are all trying to do (have a fabulous wedding in a gorgeous place!) :-)

     

    Also I heard back from N and I am very happy with her responses... I just send her like 20 questions at once and then if i have more I add them to the bottom, that way we are always looking at the same "paper" and we are always on the same page.

     

    OH my, I leave in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!! Final dress fitting tomorrow, wish me luck!!

    You girls are all so close to your wedding dates congrats. I am new and thought I had it all figured out to get married at excellence playa mujeres in march 2013, but after reading some of the issues with the wedding coordinator now I am concerned that I may have not made the right decision. We have not booked yet so still have time to change resorts. The resort it self looks amazing and have read good reviews on the resort but not so good on weddings.

    Would you girls still pick excellence if you knew you would have such a difficult time with the coordinator?

    I am looking at Le blanc spa and now the royal in playa del carmen

    Any advice would be great!!!

     



     



    #1452 Momoarc83

    Momoarc83
    • Newbie
    • 50 posts

      Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:27 AM


      Hi Amanda,

      I'm not going to lie...I was worried about EPM also after hearing the negative things on this blog about the wedding coordinators.  But, my fiance and I JUST got back Sunday evening from our first visit to EPM and we HAD A BLAST! We met with Lleny (one of the wedding coordinators) and 2 other young ladies.  They were all very nice and welcoming.  They answered all of our questions and never said "no" to anything.  If there was something they weren't sure of, they ensured us that they will check on it for us and get back to us ASAP.  We are expecting about 100 guests.  All of the ceremony locations were absolutely STUNNING. The food, service, gardens, pool, beach, EVERYTHING was picture perfect. If you are maybe considering another place like Le blanc spa or the royal, you should also check out El Dorado Royale in Riviera Maya.  I went to a wedding there last year and it was absolutely beautiful.  My friend (the bride) was very pleased.

       

      Good luck and Happy planning!

       

      -Monica

      Originally Posted by Amanda Gardner 

      You girls are all so close to your wedding dates congrats. I am new and thought I had it all figured out to get married at excellence playa mujeres in march 2013, but after reading some of the issues with the wedding coordinator now I am concerned that I may have not made the right decision. We have not booked yet so still have time to change resorts. The resort it self looks amazing and have read good reviews on the resort but not so good on weddings.

      Would you girls still pick excellence if you knew you would have such a difficult time with the coordinator?

      I am looking at Le blanc spa and now the royal in playa del carmen

      Any advice would be great!!!

       



       



      #1453 Sharon99

      Sharon99
      • Sr. Member
      • 1,301 posts

        Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:27 AM

        Couldn't have said it better, I completely agree!!

        3 weeks...I am so jealous!!! 

        Good luck with your fitting. I have my 2nd next Monday!  :)
         

        Originally Posted by lciz 

        Without a doubt I would pick Excellence again! We just tend to vent because a destination wedding is tough regardless where you are having it, this forum is just an excellent way for us all to get our frustrations out and move forward. We also all help one another out when we are in limbo waiting to hear back from our wedding coordinator.  Still though, our worries and stresses are so incredibly low compared to my friends getting married state side and my other friends having destination weddings. I still think that in the end we all have it made with our Excellence choice! I haven’t doubted my decision ever, I just get frustrated sometimes, which is completely normal given what we are all trying to do (have a fabulous wedding in a gorgeous place!) :-)

         

        Also I heard back from N and I am very happy with her responses... I just send her like 20 questions at once and then if i have more I add them to the bottom, that way we are always looking at the same "paper" and we are always on the same page.

         

        OH my, I leave in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!! Final dress fitting tomorrow, wish me luck!!


        Quote:



         



         



        #1454 MsBlissMpls

        MsBlissMpls
        • Jr. Member
        • 253 posts

          Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:52 AM

          Thank for sharing Monica. I wish we could have just gotten back from this place!

           

          lciz - 3 WEEKS! I'm excited for you and can't wait until I'm at 3 weeks... well I can't wait until I"m done packing. Then I will be able to relax! 39 days left for me.

           

          I agree with everyone else about picking EPM. And I think it's nice to re-set any of the vents with remembering why we all picked it in the first place

           

          For us the biggest reason for picking it was the up front costs/ lack of up-charges as someone mentioned earlier. I think The ROYAL(s) do the best job detailing all costs on their website being they have a whole site dedicated to picking your package, flowers, cake etc. and they have really good photos right away (no asking for different pdf's until you finally think you have them all). However, we also picked EPM because of the location and the photos of the trees around the beach (it reminded us of an island feel instead of a man made beach like you find on most resorts), and the recommendation from our Travel Agent (who's friend goes here on her vacations, and her friend is also a TA). - It said a lot to us that a travel agent, who gets to go everywhere for work, decides to spend her personal time vacationing at EPM!  I'm so happy everyday looking at the awesome reviews for EPM and we would not change our mind (even if we could).

           

           

          Beach at the Excellence Playa Mujeres

           

           



          #1455 Meshellvillacis

          Meshellvillacis
          • Newbie
          • 6 posts

            Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:59 AM

            Hey girls, I'm getting married on September 21,2012!! Excited to read what everyone has to say. It's hard to make decisions when Ive never been to the resort.

            #1456 Momoarc83

            Momoarc83
            • Newbie
            • 50 posts

              Posted 06 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

              Congrats to you! I just got back Sunday from visiting EPM for the first time.  We met with the wedding coordinator and saw all of the different venues for the ceremony and reception.  You will NOT be dissappointed.  The pictures on the website are right on.  The WHOLE resort is breathtaking!  Keep up with this blog and you will have a lot of help from all of these lovely brides/future brides.  Don't be afraid to ask any questions!  How many guests are you expecting?

              Originally Posted by Meshellvillacis 

              Hey girls, I'm getting married on September 21,2012!! Excited to read what everyone has to say. It's hard to make decisions when Ive never been to the resort.


               



              #1457 Amanda Gardner

              Amanda Gardner
              • Jr. Member
              • 200 posts

                Posted 06 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

                Thanks so much for the replies it makes me feel better! I have spent so much time researching resorts which I am sure all of you did as well. I just want to make sure the resort is awesome for our guest.

                 



                #1458 stefkva

                stefkva
                • Jr. Member
                • 188 posts

                  Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

                  I just saw this video. It really puts things into perspective....that no matter what happens, the most important thing is that you're marrying the person you love. http://www.wimp.com/lungcancer/



                  #1459 lciz

                  lciz
                  • Newbie
                  • 75 posts

                    Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:00 AM


                    Oh my... I do not suggest watching this at work. Now I have to explain to my co-workers why I am sitting at my desk weeping!
                     

                    Originally Posted by stefkva 

                    I just saw this video. It really puts things into perspective....that no matter what happens, the most important thing is that you're marrying the person you love. http://www.wimp.com/lungcancer/



                     



                    #1460 Brennas

                    Brennas
                    • Newbie
                    • 43 posts

                      Posted 07 March 2012 - 03:43 PM

                      Hi Ladies!

                      If it makes you feel any better.. my wedding is April 28, 2012 and I am also a Travel Agent. I have been to so many resorts and places all over the world, and hands down, I would pick EPM for my special day over all other resorts! I went here last April with my maid of honor and met with the WC and this resort was perfect. I have booked all 30 of our guest going, which was a lovely added stress, but I wanted to make sure our guest had the best price. I know that everyone will be blown away with this resort. It is just far enough away from Cancun that people can go for the day or evening and it won't take forever to get to from the airport, but still secluded enough that Mr Speedo isn't hanging out in all your wedding pictures. I know that the wedding coordinator switch ups have been frustrating, and I can tell you that this happens at ALL resorts down there. Just keep every email you get. They are so sweet and will honor whatever you were told in a previous email, even if their policies have changed. Nayeli has so many weddings going on right now. They sometimes have up to 3 a day so I can understand why they take so long to respond. I just keep telling myself that when I am there.. I will be her main focus that day and she will be spending her time making sure that everything is perfect. I am getting so anxious, nervous and excited! I feel like my little details are finally coming together...

                       

                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users