• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Jessica

Jessica
  • VIP Member
  • 11,939 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:14 PM

The Strangers or The Happening

I want to put them both on my Christmas list for Brian's shopping. I really wanted to see both of them. I LOVE LOVE LOVE horror movies, but everyone says that they both sucked I still sort of want to see them though. I'm just wondering if it's really a total waste of money.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting the 2008 version of Funny Games. Any other good horror movies come out on DVD this year? I never get to go to the movies anymore!

#2 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 4,328 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:17 PM

i've only seen the happening.. it was definitely entertaining, but i'm not sure i'd watch it more than once.. so personally i wouldn't buy it (or ask for it).

do you use redbox? the shoprite on 130 by me has it but i think i'm a little south for you. but anyway, you can rent both of those movies at the redbox for $1. any movie is worth a buck!

#3 beachbride08

beachbride08
      • VIP Member
      • 2,372 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:19 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by JessicaLovesBrian
        The Strangers or The Happening

I want to put them both on my Christmas list for Brian's shopping. I really wanted to see both of them. I LOVE LOVE LOVE horror movies, but everyone says that they both sucked I still sort of want to see them though. I'm just wondering if it's really a total waste of money.

I'm pretty sure I'm getting the 2008 version of Funny Games. Any other good horror movies come out on DVD this year? I never get to go to the movies anymore!
        I saw The Strangers and it scared the crap out of me. My husband is a big horror movie guy and he liked it.
        Michelle

#4 Kat81

Kat81
        • VIP Member
        • 7,615 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:53 PM

The Happening sucked. Well, I thought it did. It wasn't scary and it was pretty far fetched. I never saw The strangers. But if you want to see them then put them on the list.

#5 Birdie07

Birdie07
          • 1,218 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 03:35 PM

I saw the Happening and I liked it personally. And we started the Strangers and I got freaked out. So we turned it off. My favorite movies are scary movies. But I just couldn't handle it for some reason and I've seen like every scary movie ever.

#6 Tiffiney01

Tiffiney01
            • 266 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:30 PM

I love scary movies as well and I just saw The Stranger last night and even though i jumped once or twice it was very disappointing, But you have to see it for yourself you may think differently. watch it on watch-movies.net for free before you spend your money.
              Mr & Mrs Newby

#7 Mrs D To Be!

Mrs D To Be!
              • 1,634 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:11 PM

yeah i was disappointed with the strangers...thought it was gonna be really scary, instead i thought it was too similar a storyline to funny games to be scary for me. i did like the happening though, but agree that i don't think i'd watch it more than twice...but thats what im like with most of the dvds i've got!lol

#8 Jessica

Jessica
                • VIP Member
                • 11,939 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 07:24 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by katrina
                  i've only seen the happening.. it was definitely entertaining, but i'm not sure i'd watch it more than once.. so personally i wouldn't buy it (or ask for it).

do you use redbox? the shoprite on 130 by me has it but i think i'm a little south for you. but anyway, you can rent both of those movies at the redbox for $1. any movie is worth a buck!
                  Do youmean the Shoprite in Delran? That's actually the one we go to all the time. It's about 10 minutes down 130 from where we live. I've seen the Redbox..umm... machine thing in there but neer paid much attention to it. I've never used one of those things so I had no idea you could rent movies for $1. That's pretty awesome. Maybe I'll do that instead!!! Thanks for the info.

#9 JaimeLynne

JaimeLynne
                  • VIP Member
                  • 4,791 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:35 PM

Hey Jess - I've seen them both! We had 2 Scary Movie Nights over at our place during Halloween season. I'll say this - The Strangers had my bff hiding in her bowl of popcorn. She seriously would not watch the movie. And I screamed like an uncontrollable freak at least twice.

I was honestly disappointed in The Happening. I don't think anyone over here really liked it that much. And then we watched Saw IV (or whichever one was out) which was even more disappointing. Aye yi yi!

So I guess my point is - if you have to choose I'd definitely vote for The Happening! HTHs! *RAWR!* (That's me trying to be scary )

~ Jaime & Martin ~
                    "Rain or Swine! 2-0-0-9"

We had 24 people attend our wedding in Las Caletas, Mexico on May 24th, 2009!

We all stayed at The Marriott in P.V., and Honeymooned at The Royal Plantation in Ochos Rios, Jamaica!

#10 katrina

katrina

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                    • 4,328 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:42 PM

yep, the one in delran! haha, small world- that's the one we use also. maybe i'll see ya there sometime!
                      Do youmean the Shoprite in Delran? That's actually the one we go to all the time. It's about 10 minutes down 130 from where we live. I've seen the Redbox..umm... machine thing in there but neer paid much attention to it. I've never used one of those things so I had no idea you could rent movies for $1. That's pretty awesome. Maybe I'll do that instead!!! Thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users