guacamole recipes?? i have no idea how to make it...

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Michelle

• Banned
  • 302 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:27 AM

i used to have this as a kid and have been wanting to make it but have not liked any recipes i have seen on the internet so im wondering if any of the lovely ladies on here have a recipe that I can have TIA

#2 TammyWright

Admin & Owner

• Administrators
    • 11,659 posts
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Los Cabos

Posted 06 November 2008 - 01:47 AM

here's an easy one from tyler florence.

6 ripe avocados
    3 limes, juiced
    1 medium yellow onion, chopped
    1 garlic clove, smashed then minced
    2 serrano chiles, cut into rounds
    1 big handful fresh cilantro with stems, about 1/2 cup, finely chopped
    Extra-virgin olive oil
    Kosher salt
    Freshly ground black pepper

Halve and pit the avocados. With a tablespoon, scoop out the flesh into a mixing bowl. Mash the avocados using either a fork or potato masher, leaving them still a bit chunky. Add the remaining ingredients, and fold everything together. Drizzle with a little olive oil, adjust seasoning with salt and pepper and give it 1 final mix with a fork.

Lay a piece of plastic wrap tight on the surface of the guacamole so it doesn't brown and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.

i know you don't like spicy so you can probably omit the serrano chilis.

Founder and Owner of BestDestinationWedding.com  /  Bride & Groom Fly FREE Promotion

Looking for a travel agency that specializes in Destination Weddings-CLICK HERE?  We are an award winning travel agency and you can read our reviews here.
    Awards and recognition: 
    Palace Resorts Winner "Top Travel Agent", "Top Homebased Travel Agency" PRO Platinum Agency (Top Award)     |    AMResorts Master Agent & Top Agency  
    Karisma Hotels Diamond Level 5 (highest production), Top 10 Azul Weddings, Top Wedding Coordinator | Wright Travel & Karisma GIVC Benefits
    Travel Impressions Best of the Best Globe Winner    |     Apple Vacations Golden Apple Winner  
    sml_gallery_206696_17612_13451.pnggallery_206696_17572_8409.jpg    sml_gallery_206696_17572_1003.jpg
    Vendor rules are HERE! Please read!  If you are a vendor and looking to advertise your business, please email ads@bestdestinationwedding.com.

#3 edssbride09

• 233 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:38 AM

I make guacamole which is quite similar to the above... but, i use red onion, very finely diced... no chili's, and i add very finely chopped tomato as well... Yum!!! I LOVE guac.

#4 sonyasea

• 19 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 02:44 AM

The secret is definitely the lime juice! Makes the guacamole really rip. My latin lover financee taught me also, that if you want it not to turn brown, simply keep the pit (or as they call it in Spanish, bones) and pit this in the finished mix! Enjoy.

#5 anaderoux

• 3,220 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 04:17 AM

I hate onion so I make it only with tomatoes and chile and lime juice..

#6 Martha

• VIP Member
          • 3,906 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by anacgarcia
            I hate onion so I make it only with tomatoes and chile and lime juice..
            ditto this and add salt. yuuuuuuuum.

#7 starchild

• Moderators
            • 26,161 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 08:46 AM

Mine is pretty much like the others -avocado, lime, tomato, salt...and chile if I'm feeling spicy. I like mine chunky but a lot of people like theirs smooth...it's up to you

#8 *Heather*

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,532 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:13 AM

I make it using only avocadoes, red onion, and lime juice. SO good, and really simple.

#9 LisaG

• VIP Member
                • 7,839 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:34 AM

Yummmmmm I love guac!! I make mine very simular to the above recipes....I also add tomato.

#10 Bianca

• 1,057 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 11:41 AM

This thread gave me a guacamole craving. I had to stop by whole foods and pick some up on my way to work...
                    19 adults/3 children with flights booked! 10 rooms booked!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users