• 192 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

Welcome ladies!!!

#652 laurar4444

laurar4444
    • 37 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by sunshine2413 

Hey Fellow Jamaican Bride... I was just wondering have any of you done your wedding in June? I know it is the start of hurricane season, but the date kind of works since school is out for everyone kids and most people tend to use vacation time in the summer. We went at the end of October to visit the resort (Iberostar Grand), and it was absolutely gorgeous our whole week we were there. What do you think, so I stick with June or play it safe?

Thanks

I am doing my wedding in June.  We thought about that possible problem too  My fiance's family is originally from Jamaica and after talking with them and our TA  we decided to stick with June.  We chose June 9 so that it will be early June and will barely be into hurricane season.

#653 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
      • 447 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 03:14 PM

Wow! I didn't even think about hurricane season when I booked! (duh!) Luckily, i booked for the begining of May so i should be in the clear. That would be terrible if a bride had a hurricane while she was supposed to get married! :(

#654 sunshine2413

sunshine2413
        • Site Supporter
        • 340 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:10 AM

Originally Posted by laurar4444 

I am doing my wedding in June.  We thought about that possible problem too  My fiance's family is originally from Jamaica and after talking with them and our TA  we decided to stick with June.  We chose June 9 so that it will be early June and will barely be into hurricane season.

I think we are too. Our date as of right now is June 8, but I was overthinking everything and playing all the what if situations in my head, so I was thinking of changing it to June 1 or May 25. Where are you getting married?

#655 snowbeltchick

snowbeltchick
          • 192 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:30 AM

Originally Posted by deannamarie85 

Wow! I didn't even think about hurricane season when I booked! (duh!) Luckily, i booked for the begining of May so i should be in the clear. That would be terrible if a bride had a hurricane while she was supposed to get married! :(

That's why I didn't pick the summer!  I'm not a very lucky person and if a hurricane was to hit on someone's wedding day it would be mine.

#656 acw271011

acw271011
            • Moderators
            • 3,128 posts
            • Wedding Date:October 20, 2011
            • Wedding Location:We tied the knot in Runaway Bay, Jamaica and renewed our vows in Mexico on our 4th Anniversary
            • LocationToronto Area

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:27 AM

hurricane season doesn't start until June 30th so you June brides should be fine. aug and sep are the usually the prime hurricane months. we originally wanted october, but we had people that were worried about it even then, so we went to november instead, even though the season ends nov 30th. from what we hear a hurricane in Jamaica in november is very, very rare so we should be good!!

I said "yes" again to the love of my life at Grand Coral Beach Club, Playa del Carmen, Mexico on our 4th anniversary - October 20, 2015

http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/topic/78874-acw271011-so-this-is-not-a-planning-thread-but/

event.png

#657 deannamarie85

deannamarie85
            • 447 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:46 PM

Hopefully, all of us only encounter beautiful sunny skies while we lounge by the Jamaican sea!

#658 jamaicabride11

jamaicabride11
              • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:44 AM

Hi all! My wedding is three months away and this site has been so helpful!

Couple: Angie & Scott

Wedding Date: May 29, 2011

Where: Sandals Negril

If anyone else has been married at this resort, I would love any tips, advice or pics from your wedding!!

#659 daisymable

daisymable
                • 278 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:26 PM

I have booked July. Last year I worked with a lady from Jamaica, she told me it's beautiful in summer and pretty rare to have a hurricane there.  She lived most of her life there and I took her word for it!

#660 sunstarsmoon

sunstarsmoon
                  • 2,233 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:04 AM

There is a chance of late day rain due to daytime heating. I have been watching hurricanes the last few years and found the trend to be more near the end of August. But who can tell with the weather.  I went to Cuba summer 2009 and we were there the middle of August we had the tail end of a tropical storm that came thru Jamaica as well. But really it was about 5 hours of rain and wind (not high winds). We just sat on our balcony and drank and drank and drank some more. The cool rain felt good since it was so damn hot.

No matter the weather we are still getting married in paradise

July 8, 2011, Couples Sans Souci Ocho Rios, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users