Photo

show us your rings!

• Please log in to reply
2112 replies to this topic

#791 AfricanVenus

AfricanVenus
  • 328 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 01:36 PM

Sorry I took so long to respond, lol. I'm using a "proxy" WB for the wedding and will get a custom-made band after things settle down money-wise. I have no idea what it will look like. All I know is that they have to take a mold of my ring and craft a shape out of it. I'd like my WB to be flush up against my E-ring though.

Originally Posted by dangill 

Quote:
    Originally Posted by AfricanVenus 

I have an engagement ring that requires a custom-made band also. Just have them create a jacket or shape the band to fit your E-ring. That's what we're doing. I love my E-ring so much, that my WB will be much simpler. Hope that helps.

Thanks so much for the reply - do you have a pic of your band? Are you getting one side shaped the same as your E-ring, and then flat on the other side or will it be symmetrical? (hope that makes sense.)

Heaven endures and the Earth lasts a long time, because they do not live for themselves. ~~Our story endures: June 25, 2011~~
    Wedsite: kosha.projectwedding.com

#792 keedon2011

keedon2011
    • 32 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 02:17 PM

Love your ring!

#793 hamme

hamme
      • 194 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:02 PM

wow each one is so unique!

#794 MISSFRAMBOESA

MISSFRAMBOESA
        • 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 04:49 AM

hello!

maybe I'm just dumb...but...what is a wedding band?

Here we have a engagement ring (much more simple than all the rings showed here) and the wedding ring (which is a gold simple ring, no stones, no diamonds, nothing)

Examples:

1-engagment (like mine)

2-wedding ring

Thank you for help ;)

engagment ring.giftypical wedding ring.jpg

#795 islandbride317

islandbride317
          • 1,866 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 07:51 AM

Fabulous rings, ladies....I could go through this thread over and over (but won't) for fear of going blind from all the bling!

#796 badgergirl8

badgergirl8
            • 71 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

MISSFRAMBOESA,  here in the US anyway, it is common for the woman to have an engagement ring (usually a diamond) and then another wedding ring (wedding band) that you put on at your wedding as a symbol of your marriage and then from that point on you wear the 2 rings together, so usually the wedding ring is a band type ring that compliments the original engagement ring.

Originally Posted by MISSFRAMBOESA 

hello!

maybe I'm just dumb...but...what is a wedding band?

Here we have a engagement ring (much more simple than all the rings showed here) and the wedding ring (which is a gold simple ring, no stones, no diamonds, nothing)

Examples:

1-engagment (like mine)

2-wedding ring

Thank you for help ;)

engagment ring.giftypical wedding ring.jpg

#797 MISSFRAMBOESA

MISSFRAMBOESA
              • 15 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

Thank you so much!!!

I was wondering what was the wedding band for so long!lol

:)

#798 X-Chan

X-Chan
                • 166 posts

Posted 24 November 2010 - 05:02 PM

I love love love love this thread!

My FI didn't even know what an e-ring was when he said let's get married. He's from Cuba and been to all of 1 wedding, and he doesn't know anyone there with an engagement ring. Wedding bands are expensive enough for them. I didn't say anything, but he's since figured it out from other people's reactions when we told them we were getting married. "Where's the ring???" heehee.

So I'm getting one now, and I'm happy I get to pick and choose :) I got a lot of inspiration from this thread and I've decided on a round yellow sapphire in a diamond halo setting. Going to the jewellers tomorrow to pick out my sapphire.. sooo excited! Can't wait to have it made and share pics on this thread

Thanks ladies!

#799 nheche

nheche
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 23 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 03:42 PM

This is so exciting for you! Good luck!!! And you have to show us when you have it!

#800 hamme

hamme
                    • 194 posts

Posted 25 November 2010 - 05:34 PM

Congrats! I love the Sapphire rings. It's fun to see how each culture views the rings.

Originally Posted by X-Chan 

I love love love love this thread!

My FI didn't even know what an e-ring was when he said let's get married. He's from Cuba and been to all of 1 wedding, and he doesn't know anyone there with an engagement ring. Wedding bands are expensive enough for them. I didn't say anything, but he's since figured it out from other people's reactions when we told them we were getting married. "Where's the ring???" heehee.

So I'm getting one now, and I'm happy I get to pick and choose :) I got a lot of inspiration from this thread and I've decided on a round yellow sapphire in a diamond halo setting. Going to the jewellers tomorrow to pick out my sapphire.. sooo excited! Can't wait to have it made and share pics on this thread

Thanks ladies!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users