Jillian Michaels 30 day Shred

• Please log in to reply
721 replies to this topic

#71 foxytv

foxytv
  • VIP Member
  • 7,740 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 11:14 PM

Okay ladies - I'm back to Wal-Mart tomorrow to try to find it yet again. ;-) And to get the AV cables I need to get my DVD player to work. I can't figure out where I put the ones that go with the DVD player. ggrrrr....

#72 KACENGG

KACENGG
    • VIP Member
    • 106 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 12:41 AM

Foxytv,

I couldn't find the Shred dvd at any walmart but I did find it at Costco and it came along with 2 biggest loser dvds as well. One was weight loss yoga and another bootcamp one hosted by bob, the trainer guy. I know things are rather different between canada and the U.S. but its another option for those who cannot track it down.
      Kim & Erik
      November 9, 2007
      RIU Palace
      Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

#73 *Casey*

*Casey*
      • 5,209 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:38 AM

I got an e-mail saying it was shipped on the 6th... Where the heck is it??

#74 Kristy!

Kristy!

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 6,368 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:51 AM

I did The Shred Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I think it's exactly what I need. It's straight to the point and doesn't take up a lot of time or space. I started using 2 pound weights, but will use 3 pounds tonight. I know, big change! Hey, baby steps.

#75 SgtPepperette

SgtPepperette
          • 1,225 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 05:42 PM

I tried this last night, and it was a great workout!

How many days a week are you ladies doing this? And on what days?

Should we be doing it every other day, to rest our muscles?

#76 ~*~Margie~*~

~*~Margie~*~
            • 291 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:18 PM

I did this for the first time today and I must say, I am so out of shape!!!!!!! Which I knew considering I am carrying more weight now than I ever have other than pregnancy, but still.......I did level 1 with 3 pound weights and it kicked my butt!! I liked her delivery though, she is motivating and had me telling myself I can't give up. I don't know how many times your supposed to do it, but I plan on trying to do it every day. Best laid plans, right? We'll see.

#77 foxytv

foxytv
              • VIP Member
              • 7,740 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:20 PM

Quote:
                Originally Posted by KACENGG
                Foxytv,

I couldn't find the Shred dvd at any walmart but I did find it at Costco and it came along with 2 biggest loser dvds as well. One was weight loss yoga and another bootcamp one hosted by bob, the trainer guy. I know things are rather different between canada and the U.S. but its another option for those who cannot track it down.
                Yay! I'm glad you mentioned this! I just bought it today at Target, but for $14.99 ...

I have a Costco membership so I am going to stop there on the way home and see if they have the 3-pack here also. That would be a great deal! Either way, at least I finally have it. I can't wait to get home and try it out!!

#78 trayce2222

trayce2222
                • 221 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 06:54 PM

I did the workout yesterday morning and WOW!!!! I am soooo sore today! I actually thought I was in decent shape! ha At least I will be for the wedding!!

#79 foxytv

foxytv
                  • VIP Member
                  • 7,740 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

So, I couldn't find it at Costco either, so I kept the one I bought at Target and did Level 1 as soon as I got home tonight.

Now it's time for a confession. Reading about how everyone has done it and it was tough seemed a little far-fetched to me at first. I thought, "come on" - it can't be THAT hard. So I bought 3 and 5 lb weights and figured I'd try the 3 lb but would probably use the 5 lb. I mean, I worked out ssoo hard before our wedding and was in fantastic shape.

But - after tonights 20 minute workout ... it's a harsh reality that I have become VERY out of shape since we got back from our wedding. I couldn't make it through the effing 20 minutes without stopping to catch my breath. So disappointing.

But I think it's helped me realize - and FAST - that if I want to reach my weight loss and fitness goals, that I have a lot of work to do that won't happen a) overnight or B) on its own.

Just wanted to say CONGRATS to all of us who are taking the right steps - and who have made it through this workout! I know we'll all be to Level 3 and kicking butt in no time!!!

#80 kerryjbrown

kerryjbrown
                    • 672 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:59 PM

I have searched all over Direct TV for this excercise TV or anything with Jillian Michaels....nothing.....I guess I will have to buy it. I just realized I have only 2.5 mos to the wedding and need to lose 10lbs plus tone (less than that if I opt to use all the lingerie I just bought in a BD shoot). YIKES! I should have started before the holidays....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users