Photo

What was your wedding dream as a little girl?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Celina

Celina
  • Banned
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:33 PM

I was wondering...what was your wedding dream when you were a little girl? Some girls dream of the big wedding with the horse and carriage....some dream of the beach.

I used to wrap a towel on my head and pretend it was my veil. LOL! I also had a doll that looked like this.

Click the image to open in full size.

When I was like 8 I used to dream that I would one day wear a big ol dress and a big gigantosaurus veil like the doll. The funny thing is, 28 years later...YUP ~ I am wearing a veil and flower in my hair just like the doll. LOL!
    "Love is not who you live with...it's who you can't live without"

#2 RaydensMama

RaydensMama
    • VIP Member
    • 2,861 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:36 PM

I wanted the Cinderella wedding. I wanted to get married in her castle at Disney World with the horse drawn carriage and fire works. I actually considered getting married there but it was WAY expensive. So my wedding was a lot different then my little girl dream one!

#3 tvt

tvt
      • VIP Member
      • 4,812 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 03:47 PM

is it weird that i never thought about my wedding as a little girl?

#4 Christine

Christine
        • VIP Member
        • 21,514 posts
        • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
        • Wedding Location:Napa, California
        • LocationReno, NV

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:04 PM

I wanted to get married in my grandma's church (which I did just not the same one I went to when I was little) and have the reception at my other grandparents country club, and I wanted both my parents to walk me down the aisle because that's what my mom did (I did have both my parents walk me down the aisle).
        Otherwise I wanted my best friend to make the cake and my mom to make the dress...best friend did make the cake but my mom did not make the dress...so I got about half my child hood dreams.
        Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#5 Martha

Martha
        • VIP Member
        • 3,906 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 06:10 PM

I didn't have one.

I was too busy fighting wars with my brother's GI Joe men! :)

#6 KLC77

KLC77
          • 2,207 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 03:36 PM

Ha, my dream was to NEVER get married and NEVER have kids. I wanted no part of any of it. My how things change. I'm so excited to have found someone I can't imagine NOT marrying and we are excited to have a child someday as well. When I was a kid I wanted a great job, my own house and a dog. No husband. lol
            ~Kelly

Our Awesome Wedding Pics: http://www.delsolpho...ings/kelly&ron/

#7 CayoLargo

CayoLargo
            • 177 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:10 PM

I always wanted a huge wedding with a grand wedding dress where the train would be so long you could barely walk. I always wanted all the other girls to be jealous of the wedding.

Then I met my FH and things all changed....I then wanted a small DW with just a few people and a romantic evening under the stars
              Engaged: December 25, 2007
              Married: February 4, 2009
              Wedding Destination: Cuba
              Wedding Resort: Sol Cayo Largo
              http://www.mywedding...rheannasweddinghttp://www.pictage.com/625373

#8 ErinB

ErinB

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 9,504 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:17 PM

Well, when I was really little, I wanted the Steel Magnolia wedding...My colors would have been blush and bashful because pink is (still) my signature color! LOL

I actually had about 5 weddings planned, all dependant upon the groom and his personality, by the time I was 18.

I really wanted a Southern Living style wedding on a family estate, too bad neither myself or DH have a family estate!

So, the beach was our best option!

#9 Bisha

Bisha
                • 265 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 04:23 PM

Did not think about it as a little girl. Actually, we were one of the last couples to get engaged and married out of most of our friends and all I knew is that I did not want a traditional wedding like most of the ones we had been to. When FI (at the time:) actually started talking about it, we both decided on a destination wedding. I always thought it to be interesting how some people had pictured very specific details of their wedding since childhood :)

#10 *Lo*

*Lo*
                  • 2,993 posts

Posted 05 September 2008 - 05:31 PM

I have always wanted a beach wedding. Even when I was little I used to tell my mom I was going to get married in Fiji!

I think it may stem from an episode of Melrose Place when Peter and Amanda got married on a beach in cute casual outfits.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users