• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#31 adias.angel

adias.angel
  • 719 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhillyBride09
    I have a question for those who actually made OOT bags and carried all of the stuff with them...Did you need a whole extra suitcase??
    Thats exactly same conclusion we came to was how to get it all down there so I think we are going to do small OOT bag with a underwater camera, welcome booklet, excursion gift certificate and maybe on or two other SMALL things.

Still working on how we are going to package it up, I really wanted to stay away from the whole bag idea. I am starting to think it might be fun to wrap them up like a birthday present for people to open.

#32 soon2bePowers

soon2bePowers
    • 382 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:09 PM

I got an OOT bag when I went to a wedding in California this summer. It had candy, snacks, coffee, maps, info and water.

I loved the bag and took it to the pool everyday (they got them at targets $1 spot), we ate the candy and snacks because they were there and used the info.

The bag was my favorite part. I am thinking about doing a bag (beach tote) with a welcome book.

#33 kate.com

kate.com

VIP Member

• VIP Member
      • 8,921 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:49 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by PhillyBride09
        I have a question for those who actually made OOT bags and carried all of the stuff with them...Did you need a whole extra suitcase?? I plan on doing a bag or each of my guests with a Beach towel (Monogramed) and other little things they may need...But all I keep thinking about is all the suit cases I am going to need. Was it hectic getting it all there and then putting them together?
        I'm also making my bouquets and bouts and god knows what else....Center pieces maybe? I dunno, but I am gonna need alot of suit cases aren't I?
        I better tell my FI to pack lite!! hahahahaha
        To give you an idea: I bought 30 medium sized tote bags from eddie bauer (canvas, blue handles) and are having them monogramed. They have their own large suitcase.
        The items I am bringing to put in the bags are small, so they will take up one more medium suitcase, then when we get to mexico, we are going to take a trip to the store to buy some bottled water, a couple of snacks and maybe little bottles of tiquila.
        *** The best idea I have is to make sure your luggage can pack into other luggage for the ride home. So if I have things that are non breakable- like the bags themselves, I am going to try to put them in a duffle bag so I have less to bring home, make sense?

The other thing I am trying to remember is to not get too carried away, the gesture is nice, but people will appriciate anything we do!

#34 adias.angel

adias.angel
        • 719 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:30 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by soon2bePowers
          The bag was my favorite part. I am thinking about doing a bag (beach tote) with a welcome book.
          Hmmm maybe I need to rethink not putting it in a bag.

Were the bags per room or per person? I just cant imagine male guests wanting one LOL

#35 Tina5978

Tina5978
          • 231 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 09:04 PM

Although posted years ago this thread has been exceptionally helpful!  Thanks ladies.

Christina & Sherman~Iberostar Rose Hall Suites~Montego Bay, Jamaica~May 16, 2011
            Bride & Groom plus 47+ booked and counting...

#36 shan0487

shan0487
            • 1,393 posts
            • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
            • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 26 January 2011 - 11:32 AM

Thank you for the info.  I think I am going to give everything to my guests beforehand so I don't have to lug everything down with me!

#37 tross84

tross84
            • Banned
            • 151 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

great thread ladies...thank you!

#38 traceysteve

traceysteve
              • 328 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 05:31 AM

I dunno, I really like the idea of my guests going to their room and finding their welcome bags.

#39 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:07 AM

We aren't doing OOT bags.  We are on a tight budget and just can't afford them.  I think instead we will just do a pre travel brochure and a luggage tag and send them out a month or so before we leave.

#40 shan0487

shan0487
                • 1,393 posts
                • Wedding Date:November 23, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Sun Palace & Moon Palace- Cancun, MX
                • LocationSt Louis, MO

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

I'm with you....I'm on a tight budget, and trying to save money. The bags are not expected by guests.  I will send them a pre-travel brochure and luggage tags and am going to buy some sort of thermal mug for my guests.  i think that will be good enough!

Originally Posted by JayKay 

We aren't doing OOT bags.  We are on a tight budget and just can't afford them.  I think instead we will just do a pre travel brochure and a luggage tag and send them out a month or so before we leave.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users